Monthly Story - Dark Comet wins!

Started by Rui 'Trovatore' Pires, Wed 19/10/2005 10:42:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Hallo again. Here are the rules:

- Participants will write a story not limited by length unless specified by the month's rules;
- It's impossible for a judge to be impartial in this kind of competition where, for instance, great writing can save a meager plot. So the voting will be public, and go on for at least a week after the deadline, when the winner will be announced.
- The competition should last a month. Therefore, this particular one will run until the 19th of November - though some slack may given. Don't abuse it, though. Five days after the "oficcial" deadline no further entries are allowed and voting begins, but this tolerance is not mandatory, rather left to the thread-starter's description.
- The actual posts must NOT contain the story, but a link to it. The story MUST be hosted somewhere, even if temporarily. Previously there has been a link to MicroTech to help hosting. MicroTech is now dead. But I can host stories if you like, e-mail or PM them to me. They'll be up for as long as the comp lasts and then I'll delete them. --Rui "Brisby" Pires
Ã,  - The object of this is to write a story. It can be a short story with 10 lines, it can be a whooper with 20 pages. It can have no characters, or a myriad of them. It can be in first person, or third; present or past of future tense. Your ONLY limitations are the ones the rules state, if any.
- The winner provides the theme and rules for the next comp.
- And I propose adding to the above rules that the comp-starter may participate. It's happened already, and this voting system should elliminate unfairness. Of course, out of fairness, the comp starter should start it without already forming an idea of the story he may write. If no one objects to this, it'll become official as of now.

And now here are this month's rules:

RON.

Yep. Reality on the Norm. I check it out relatively regularly, because I have an archive of games to maintain, and the other day I wondered into it's "Fan Fiction" section. It's a nice section. It just needs entries. And that's what I'd like you to make - an entry for that section.

Ah, I hear that special groaning at the back, the one that says "who landed this joker in the front seat?". And you, sirs, sitting right in front of me with your very carefully polite expressions, what are you thinking? Probably exactly the same. You probably feel this is too restrictive a rule.

My friends, this is only as restrictive as you want it to be. It has to qualify as "RON Fan Fiction". From this point on, you can do anything. It can be placed IN RON or OUT of RON, it can have ALL the RON characters or NONE, it can be a different, more serious RON, it can be a total rewrite of RON... the only thing it CAN't be is totally unrelated to RON.

Come now. I know you can do it. Let's have it!

PS - Mind you, if you really dislike the theme, say so, and pretty quickly. I can come up with something else. A comp where people don't like the theme is no fun.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

SSH

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Unfortunately, I can't finish the entry I was working on. I guess there's only so much in me. I'll post it anyway, but I don't really expect any votes.

The RON Files

Kneel. Now.

DeviantGent

I submit the first chapters of my ongoing story, Back to Reality. It's part of a bigger story that will ultimatly span ten or so chapters, but the first couple can stand on their own quite nicely.

Chapter One.

Chapter Two.

A basket of muffins for anyone who can hazard a guess as to the identity of Julian's ancestor.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

PyroMonkey

Too bad I have yet to play one of these alleged RON games. Although they look pretty good. *Downloads*

SSH

Damn, and I was hoping I'd be the only full entry.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

But SSH, winning by default isn't even fun. ;D

Kneel. Now.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Voting time!

Me votey goes for Dark Comet.

Kneel. Now.

SSH

DeviantGent

The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Shinan

"Be strong in your Ignorance"
"I'm just a nationalistic Swedish-speaking Finn"

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Well, today's the 24th. Anyone else want to vote? Dark Comet's in the majority right now, I'll wait until about midnight just in case the earth explodes or something.

Kneel. Now.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Whoops, sorry, sorry, totally forgot about this - and a bunch of other stuff. "System Shock" is a hell of a lot more adictive than I thought, and compared to thwarting SHODAN, some things have to take the back seat...

...anyway, congratulations Dark Comet! Now it's up to you to come up with inspiration for us!

Kneel. Now.

DeviantGent

Blimey! Erm, uh, yeah. Ok. Ooer, unexpected to say the least.

Ok. What shall I do? Post a new topic with the subject?
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Ayuh. Copy/paste the rules up there, removing the bold off the last rule and rewriting it a bit so it actually makes sense when the bold is removed. Basically, you can follow the model of my first post. You can specify anything you like as a subject, and add any number of restrictions you see fit, or suggest anything you like.

Kneel. Now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk