interior church render,critics

Started by txarly, Tue 15/11/2005 16:31:47

Previous topic - Next topic

txarly

this is the inside ofÃ,  the church i posted days before, critics please

SSH

Ongi etorri!

Your renders seem pretty good to me. They certainly look great to an untrained (in terms of 3d modelling) guy. One thing I would suggest, though, if you want to use these in a game, is where the characters are going to walk and what objects can be clicked on. Some of these views are very "far away" for an adventure game.

petazzo

Very good render. I like it very much.
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
(Groucho Marx)

Nikolas

From a guy who knows nothing of rendering: It's perfect but there seems to be a lot of dusty in...

Darth Mandarb

How does the floating Por Txarly fit into the game?

It's too bad it's in there ... 'cause I was gonna use this image on my website, but I can't with that title in there.

ildu

He edited that in, cause a second ago, it wasn't there. But the text is just a watermark for the image, I would guess.

big brother

It's ok, I already cropped out the stained glass window part so I can include it in the clipart pack I sell. Thanks!
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Andail

I just renamned myself Txarly and sold it uncropped.

Seriously though, it's a good rendering. I'd say it's a bit too tidy and clean, and also the light beams are too prominent.

DanClarke

I always think scenes like this could benifite greatly from a photoshop paintover once the rendering is finished, could add some 'human' touches to what can sometimes appear sterile and lifeless renders (these dont look that way btw.)

txarly

the same render but in night scene

Squinky

Is this game meant to be a thriller/horror? Cause if I was walking around in a dark church and saw that "por txarly" floating in the air, I would totally crap my pants....

Only crit I would give would be to make that watermark bigger, it's way to small as is...

InCreator

On day render, add an ambient light to the scene. Weak, but enough to simulate light reflecting from objects, because the amount of light seen in windows... well, I just don't believe that it lights church only via beam and won't spread on collisions. The wall with windows should also be much more visible and not so dark.

-or-

you could remove whole church thingy and leave only watermark. Make it bigger, yes, and maybe duplicate few times.

If you're too dumb to get it yet, then...
Spoiler
Using watermark in AGSforums is insult to other members! How do you explain people to be good enough to help you, but not good enough to trust with your image?! BTW, since you're new, here's a fact: I don't recall ever anyone stealing someone's graphics. If there was someone, he'd surely lose a place in the community, so stop this nonsense if you want your images to be taken seriously (and get less sarcastic replies).Also, there's superb artists here, and no-one uses watermarks. Your usage tells other that 'oh, i'm so damn great, keep hands off my work, you bunch of talentless thieves'. This is definetly not good way to show yourself.
[close]

Evil

In reguards to watermarks: Signatures are great idea, and they are not obtrusive. Dan Clark is a perfect example. He has a great, simple signature, and he's also on the top of the "To Steal From" list. :)

As for the picture, the layout is very nice. The lights are too bright in my opnion. The church is big and made of stone and I imagine it would be very cold. Blue lighting would help get that feeling across. Or maybe a blue ambient light with yellow/orange wall lights?

Nikolas

Increator is right!
Spoiler
Honestly I think that this is a wonderfull community and anyway if you're willing to e-mail an image to me to use it in my desktop (which I didn't ask, but thank you), I could very well steal it and use it or even better post it here just to piss you off. I wouldn't worry so much about that. If you want make a signature but smaller, easthetique wise
[close]

m0ds

Quote from: Squinky on Tue 15/11/2005 23:21:31
Is this game meant to be a thriller/horror? Cause if I was walking around in a dark church and saw that "por txarly" floating in the air, I would totally crap my pants....

Ha!

Its a nice render, personally I prefer the first one - because you can see the stained glass windows, but obviously the lighting isn't right. The second one is nice, but now we've lost any light on the windows, which is a shame.

txarly

mods, what do you see in the light that is wrong, may i use more volume to the lights?

Kweepa

In the first scene, the light beams from the windows cross. That wouldn't happen in real life - the beams are from the sun, so they should all be parallel.

It's a nice render, if a little empty. I realise that's how a church usually is, but it doesn't help your image to have a huge empty volume there. (Maybe that's why you put in that huge floating "Por Txarly"?)

For a game you really only need the lower half of the image. The second scene shows that.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

DanClarke

I also think the light would have some sort of colour upon entry due to the stain glass, although ive never really studied the stuff so i could be wrong.

Andail

Well, if the windows are painted in very homogenous, strong colours, they would create coloured light. If there are plenty of mixed colours, or colours like brown or olive green, there wouldn't be much difference.

Either way, the background would gain from having most of those beams removed. Just a little haze beside the windows would do.
But most importantly, you need to add details and dirt and stuff. It's way too empty and, well, artifcial looking.

Helm

Quote from: DanClarke on Wed 16/11/2005 17:38:49
I also think the light would have some sort of colour upon entry due to the stain glass, although ive never really studied the stuff so i could be wrong.

Even if realistically this does not occur ( I do not know if it does or not ) you should probably go ahead and do it because it would look awesome. And awesome > reality. LENS FLARE!!
WINTERKILL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk