AGS Chess Version 2.75

Started by Akumayo, Tue 20/12/2005 03:48:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Akumayo

Hello all.Ã,  For those of you who haven't seen it in the gen gen, I have been working on an AGS version of the famous boardgame, chess.Ã,  This is the first version I find suitable for the games in production section.Ã,  Comments, bug reports, and suggestions are highly appreciated.Ã,  Latest changes in bold

It has:
-Pieces that follow the rules of their movement
-Collision detection to avoid pieces (excluding knights) from moving over one another or landing on top of each other
-A 30 minutes per player game timer
-A two player interface
-Display showing captured pieces
-The ability to show the player when their king is in check
-The Castling move

It lacks:
-The ability to perform the en passant move
-The ability to tell when the game is over because of a checkmate/stalemate
-Flight, super-strength, and laser-eyes

Known Bugs:
-Capturing a piece that was once a pawn and got promoted results in a message saying "You capture a (color) Pawn" instead of the newer piece.
-Capturing a piece that was once a pawn and got promoted results in the captured piece icon of a pawn to appear in the display, instead of the newer piece.

Coming Soon:
-En Passant (shudders)
-AI looking for checkmate
-Undo Last Move button (can now undo piece movement, but won't bring captured pieces back, and returns strange results with after castling)

Screenies:

The Black King in check:

The dark side conquers (older screenie, so king not shown checkedÃ,  :P )

Download here (Version 2.1):
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/akumayoschessvtwopointsevenfive.zip

-Please enjoy, comment, and suggest
-Thank you, Akumayo
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

Darth Mandarb

Screenies don't work for me ... can you post them as GIF or JPG instead of PCX?  That'd probably be more widely available to most.

If you want, you can email them to me, and I'll host them for you!  PM me if you're interested.

Akumayo

Fixed the screenies, thanks for pointing that out Darth.

scourge

hey. Looks good. I played the one you had in general discussion.

I was wondering why you're doing collision detection for the sliding thing. What if a piece is surrounded - no where to go if you do CD. I mean horsies generally jump over other pieces. I probably don't understand what you mean, could please explain? What are you checking (CD)?

Akumayo

My collision detection system prevents pieces (excluding the knight) from crossing paths with their own kind (i.e.Ã,  A black bishop can't move diagonally through a black pawn,Ã,  Ã, a White King can't move sideways and be on the same space as the white queen, etc.)

scourge

Akumayo

Updated, version 2.75 now available, specs about changes in top post.

-Regards, Akumayo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk