Tune Contest - Feb 13th - 20th ("Winner" announced)

Started by The Bedminster Incident, Mon 13/02/2006 13:11:43

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bedminster Incident

Hey guys,

Sorry to have kept you waiting that long, I got food poisoning from McDonald's Chicken Nuggets.
But anyway, I'm still alive, so here's the next one.

Reading a few contest threads back I realized that there is not always a certain topic to which a musical piece is to be created, but there were many different tasks. So, I came up with the following:

I have created something myself (a small 1'20"-tune) and your task basically is to "answer" it.

There are no real limitations besides that. You can come up with anything you want, as long as it's a clear reply. For your entry's own sake, it would probably be wise to tell me how you interpreted and answered the tune, be it via PM, e-mail or by simply zipping your entry and adding a text file.

Examples:
- Someone replies to the tune itself, without connecting it to anything in any game and adds a text file that describes his thoughts concerning both my and his tune.
- Some other one thinks about where in a game my tune could be placed and what might come next. As he is to lazy to do all this zipping stuff, he just sends an e-mail to blodvarg@gmail.com that (naturally) contains these thoughts.
- A third one is inspired by the tune to create a sound effect (yes, that's also possible). It will of course be harder for him to explain how he came up with this effect and why this was because of my tune, but that's not a concern, I'm sure I can handle that.
- Some stupid could send me a PM how extraordinary well my tune was, hoping to win himself with this. I will then post this text here for everybody to read it, declare the author as terrorist and then write a letter to the White House.

Of course, you won't score less if you don't quite hit what I thought when creating the tune. As long as I can follow your interpretation, it is correct. And, what is an advantage for every entry, because you are not asked to make something to a specific topic, you can of course stick to your own style.

So, enough words. Here's the tune: http://de.geocities.com/another_maggot2002/ej_svar.zip

It is included as Ogg Vorbis and GS Midi. As I use foobar as player, every audio format is accepted.

I hope the task is not too exotic, if so, feel free to tell me.

Have fun, and sorry for the delay.
- Blodvarg
A la fin, il y aura seulement de la beauté.

DoorKnobHandle

Good topic, I'll try to enter with something.

You got food poisoned by McD though? That's awful. I'll never eat Chicken McNuggets again (like cheeseburgers better anyway). Did you sue them already? :=

The Bedminster Incident

No, I won't bother.
Last time a woman got fish poisoning from McD and tried that, they proved that the McFish didn't actually contain fish.
Oh, and I know what's in those Nuggets by now. They actually use eyes and claws. No joke, a friend of mine had an eye that somehow wasn't crushed popping out of one of those things.

Yeah, cheeseburgers rule. But they don't have them in a menu anymore in Germany, so I just ordered the Nuggets menu and bought the cheeseburgers seperately.

Sorry for off-topic.
- Blodvarg

Vel

Leider kann diese Seite momentan nicht angezeigt werden. Versuchen Sie es bitte später noch einmal oder suchen Sie nach weiteren GeoCities-Seiten, die Sie interessieren./

Whatever that means, please upload the file to a more reliable place.

Damien

Try dragging and droping the link.

The Bedminster Incident

Something seems to be wrong with Geocities, I don't know why, but the FTP server won't accept my password and the HTTPS connection doesn't load (timeout). That means I don't get to edit anything on the page.
If it doesn't work for some of you, I'll postpone the closing date, of course.

Sorry for any complications.
- Blodvarg

The Bedminster Incident

OK now. It's Monday, the 20th, but there are still no entries. Now here's my proposition: When the first tune is posted here, I'm gonna wait one or two weeks for others to join in.

I ask you again to tell me if it is the topic or has anything else to do with the contest.

I'm really looking forward to your entries.
- Blodvarg

He-Man

Hi.

I'll join this comp in a  couple of weeks. Or maybe just days...
I haven't been able to open the file before today because my internet connection has been gone...
Your tune is actually quite good and I hope to hear some entries soon...

Cheers

DoorKnobHandle

I would've entered but I found it *very* hard to compose something that would work for the given theme. This doesn't mean that your original tune isn't good, but it's just absolutely not in my style and I don't feel like listening and writing out the notes from your piece to then somehow "answer" it.

Maybe you should think about changing the rules if noone starting on anything yet. If I'm the only one having problems with this, then please ignore me and do the contest.

Nikolas

I like the rules. and I like the theme that he/you have us.

It's just that I'm a little hsort of time, right now...

So do whatever you wish... If I find time, I will do it... but time is scarce in my home now...

Vel

A couple of weeks for till the next competition? I say give them one or two days more and if there are no entries, then someone should start a new one.
I don't mean to sound offensive, Blodvarg, but the point of the competition is to create a tune in a week, not a month.

biothlebop

Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

He-Man

Wow, that was wierd...

I was just joking about entering in a couple of weeks.
But I actually don't think I'll find time to entering anyway because I'm moving into a new appartment at the moment plus all my recording stuff is in my band's practice room because we're recording a demo record.

But I think it would be cool to do a metal remix of the given track. It's filled with Man O War felling... If anyone wants to borrow my idea feel free to do so because i would still love to hear it done...

Word up

Gregjazz

Don't mean to sound rude, but the deadline for this contest is a few days overdue... ???

The Bedminster Incident

Yes, it is. I was hoping for more entries though.
But let's get this done.

This was a very hard comp to judge. Because of all the entries I couldn't really listen into everything in detail. Yet, I think biothlebop completed the task best of all the entries. He didn't even need to explain his entry to win.

Oh well, let's stop being sarcastic.
- Blodvarg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk