Bg Blitz - 050520 to 0612

Started by loominous, Sat 20/05/2006 14:56:06

Previous topic - Next topic

loominous

THE ORPHANAGE

Guidelines:[/font]

- Interior or exterior view, or both if you like.

- If you want to include sprites, go ahead, but submit a version without them, which will be actual submission.

- No real size or colour limits, as long as it would work in an AGS game.

- Voting will be in the usual categories: Best idea, functionality, design and technique.

Techniques:

You can use any technique you like in achieving the background, beside drawing/painting from the imagination, such as tracing photos, photo collages, copying parts of other backgrounds/paintings/photos, using filters on backgrounds from other games, or whathaveyou, but:

- Include all significant material/references that you've used, to allow the voters to judge the actual effort. 'Significant material/references' is a vague formulation, but I think the intuitive interpretation should be sufficient.

Hope you'll have fun.
Looking for a writer

Anghellic

I'm sorry, what is ORPHANAGE??  ???
<<<< look at my lovely bubble ^_^[/color]
One night I dreamt a white rose withering, a newborn drowning a lifetime loneliness

Haddas

An oprhanage is a public institution for the care and protection of children without parents.

Anghellic

<<<< look at my lovely bubble ^_^[/color]
One night I dreamt a white rose withering, a newborn drowning a lifetime loneliness

Krysis

vict0r

Quote from: Krysis on Sun 28/05/2006 10:09:22
I can't draw one... :-[

Why not? :S

Anyway. Great topic! :D I'll see what i can make up. Save this spot for me :P

Traveler

Will there be an extension on this one? I have an image in the works but not done yet.

ildu

There probably should be, since there's only one entry thusfar.

loominous

Let's extend it to the twelfth.

Is it a particularly boring/tricky/uninspiring topic, or is the low participance due to other causes? If the former is the case, I could close the comp down earlier.
Looking for a writer

Play_Pretend

I don't think it's boring...I was going to enter, but then the MAGS came up and I'm swamped getting that ready. :)

I was just going to draw a fake Hollywood-style movie-set house (you know, only the front of the house is real, and boards hold it up behind) labelled "ORPHANAGE", and then out the back of the real building behind it is another sign that says "MEAT PROCESSING PLANT".  But, que sera sera. :)

Andail

I think it's a good topic. I might give it a shot tomorrow.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I was going to do more but I just don't have the time.

SPACE ORPHANAGE 9000!

With Timmy and his friend.

Privateer Puddin'

Looked better when i drew it on paper. Honest. ¬¬ couldn't find the scanner though.

poster is - http://www.usmcstore.com/images/Posters/join%20the%20marines.gif as i was trying to find a poster similar that I have.. couldn't find it though.

Traveler

Victor felt a numb pain as he looked at the building of the Alfred T. Pott Children's Home. "Children's Home!" he thought. "For kids without parents."

Since Mom and Dad were murdered two months ago, Victor's life changed dramatically. When Uncle Barry became his legal guardian, he also took charge of the family wealth - a huge fortune indeed. "Worry not, my young Victor, all will be taken care of." he said after the funeral, sitting in the leather chair in which Dad used to sit. A week later he sent Victor here, to relax a bit and to get to know other kids. At least that's what he said.

Victor didn't mind all that much, he felt uneasy around Uncle Barry, so a small change was welcome. Being only 14, he didn't know much about wealth and finances. The place looked friendly enough, there were other kids around and he had some time to remember his parents in the quiet countryside. There was only one thing that puzzled him: why were there guard dogs everywhere?

I used  this image as a reference. And - as a bonus :) - here is a different angle of the building (this doesn't have all the finishing touches that my entry has.)

Sham_yesh

Graham woke, a throbbing pain circulating through his head. He tried to move but realised he was bound, the orphans were gone, he must have been knocked out when he heard the screams... so much for his christmas bonus

I've always wanted to see a 'graham' as hero in an adventure game... Just a thought :P

<edit>  i stand corrected there has already been a hero named graham... next time i'll make sure i play sierra games before posting, thanking u mr flibble

Mr Flibble

Wasn't there a Sir Graham in King's Quest?
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

loominous

Last day then, if you want to extend the deadline an hour or two, please tell, otherwise the voting will start in 24 hours.
Looking for a writer

loominous

Looking for a writer

Ubel

• Best Idea: ProgZmax - Heh, space orphanage, if that's not an original idea then what is? :P
  • Best Functionality: ProgZmax - I think his background would work much better in an adventure game than the others because the perspective, angle, movement space etc. are more... well, functional.
  • Best Design: Traveler - I just love Traveler's 3D scenes and this one is just as lovely as his other work. So many nice looking details. :)
  • Best Technique: Neil Dnuma - I like this kind of painting-like technique. It brings the old Sierra-classics to my mind.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk