Background Blitz: September 9th - 24th[WINNER]

Started by HillBilly, Sat 09/09/2006 13:00:29

Previous topic - Next topic

HillBilly

Hello, here I am. Sorry for being a tad late, I was caught up in traffic. I'm not sure if this has been done already, but if it has, I don't see why we shouldn't do it again. Nothing turned up in the search results, though. I sat the end date to the 20th 24th, since most people submit their submissions right before deadline anyway. But if someone needs a few days extra, tell me and I'll extend it. Also, I stole ildu's fancy competition set-up. Just try and stop me!

THE CELL

(plug, plug, plug)

Guidelines:

Create a background that somehow involves imprisonment. It can be an ultra-modern high security government prison, a bamboo shack or an office cubicle. Be creative!

Specifications:

Max resolution: 800x600
Palette: Unlimited.

Voting:

Voting will start the 25th at 00:01AM(GMT), and end the same day at 23:59PM(GMT). You'll vote in four categories:

• Best Idea[/b]

• Best Design[/b]

• Best Functionality[/b]

• Best Technique[/b]
        Happy background blitzing.

EDIT: Deadline extended.

KristjanMan

I call my entry: The green cell with green glowing things.

image is 401x240
- They are all from AGS coloringball

Buckethead

Welcome to Alcatraz. Crime does not pay!

SinSin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/a1n2t3z4/cell.jpg

So many drawers so little time

Or is it a psycho bouncy room with a table who know i dont lol
Currently working on a project!

Tocsik

Clip

Hello!

Yes it's a prison cell for well behaving prisoners. Because there is toiletpaper in that cell.

Used only MSPaint.

regards,
Clip

HillBilly

Less than a week left, folks. I don't like how this thread is slowly moving downwards.

Palikka

A prison cell under the sea. Once they put you inside, you will never get out.

Esterlin

Imprisonment can mean so many things.. Secluded from civilization in a jagged mountain range, Corben the Hermit is trapped within his own agoraphobia. A fan of ravens, he discovered that rock formations can play games with your mind.

Mordalles

hey, you stole loominous' paintover window of my background.  >:(

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Esterlin

Actually I repainted it from scratch O_o

calacver

At least you know who to copy/repaint/rip.

ninepug

Edit:

I'll skip out with my entry :-[. Doesn't look like I can get the other one salvaged from the harddisk and entering one that really isn't finished is a bit ... :-\.
Hopefully I'll be back next time!
and thanks Zor! :3

Phemar

I'd love to see that finished Penguin!

HillBilly

A little over a day left, people. If anyone need to extend the deadline, don't hesitate to ask.

Deadline extended.

HillBilly

Bumping this now. If you want to skip in with a background, now's a good time to start working.

ildu

Pop quiz, hotshot :D!

You're locked in a toolshed and there's a iron ball of chain attached to your left leg. You're surrounded by tools, but you can only reach a pair of garden clippers. What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?!

I didn't think I'd have time to complete this, due to my very heavy schedule these past two weeks. I had the sketch done a week ago, but I actually started the real work at the last minute. I had to really push it so that I'd complete it in time, so I had to leave out some detail. Also, I had to manage without final compositional tweaks and color correction.

loominous

Didn't have time to finish it, but here's what I came up with:

Not the most intimidating of detention facilities, but probably the most visited one.

Edit: Spelling
Looking for a writer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk