Cosmos Quest I: To Find a Sun - The game is removed by its author

Started by Iliya, Sun 22/10/2006 10:05:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Iliya

The game is removed by its author

sthomannch

Nice game, I just startet it.
Like the graphics and the puzzles. And the music fits well into all.
Congratulations

Bai Karl

Wow, finally one of my favorite demos is released! Good :)
Tha author said that it will be finnished at the end of 2006.
I hope that the author hasn't make short work of it.

I'm starting it.

sthomannch

Finished it, and I enjoyed it a lot, even though the end part was a bit short.
I am looking forward to the second part of this adventure. Good luck!

Iv4n

I've finished it with 349 points out of 350. duh. ;).

It was more than a great advanture! Absolutely brilliant! It's a game that grabs you 'till you finished it. Its quite unique style, graphics and very nice music makes some memorable moments (which, needed to say, is rarely seen in games theese days). The puzzles were very intricate and challenging too.

Yeah, the end was a bit rushed, but the promise for a second part was very welcomed. I saw a lot of SQ and SW inspiration here and there, which I like. Brings some memoryes too. The game lacks from humour (intentionally or not) though.

Thanx for bringing this excelent peace of work. I enjoyed it much and strongly recommend it to all SQ fans!

Mordalles

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Chicky

Iliya

Thank you gyus for the kind words :)

Mandarell

Nice game kinanev  ;)

Need some help
I'm stuck in the shuttle and cant get out,it says go only out if it's safe when
i click on exit button.
I have 24 out of 350 points,tried all the coordinates shown on the screen.

Iliya

Quote from: Mandarell on Wed 25/10/2006 18:44:17
Nice game kinanevÃ,  ;)

Need some help
I'm stuck in the shuttle and cant get out,it says go only out if it's safe when
i click on exit button.
I have 24 out of 350 points,tried all the coordinates shown on the screen.

ok :) not look your ID card. there is an array of numbers. then look at the screen in pod. there is a coordinates mask. use mask coordinates on the array in your ID card. example (12,8) = get number from 12th column , 8th row.

Mandarell

Thank you very much kinanev  ;) :)
I wouldnt have made it without your help.

gypsysnail

Wow that really looks like an intriguing game! I have downloaded it and will start to play it at the weekend when work finishes for the weekend once again ahhhhh, love those weekends more than anything (means I can work on my game fully lol  ;D). Mandarell, you have done so well! I want to ask too, how did you do the score bar at the top? PM if you can about how I could incorporate this in my game, I'd be really grateful :). Once again I am excited about playing your game, hurry weekend! :D
Cheers,
Snail
Believe in afterlife! It's true in a metamorphical way ;)
Ken & Roberta - my inspiration!! 20 years.
U are what you love doing and passionate about - keep up what you love most.

Snake

Sounds good, Kinanev, I'll download in a sec... I know I'm a little late - Hey, I'm TRYING to catch up here ;)

I can't help but be reminded of Squalman's Warrior of Might/Light by the last screenshot... it made me chuckle - brought back some funny memories...

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Kaelem Gaen

Playing the game as we speak, stuck were the guy earlier was... Having trouble doing the array thingy...  the rows  aren't even with eachother, so it is hard to tell if I'm counting in correctly.   I'm not asking for the answer... just saying that when you do the array Next time, use a Monospaced font if applicable, cause the squashing of the numbers sets off the colums.  Anyways  so far so god... just cranky at the array thing.
~ Chaos, panic, disorder...  My work is done here. ~

manuela

Hi,
I'm stuck in fornt of the Jaro Motor Inn...
???
saw the exit door blocked and the touchpad but nothing to be done...
Can you give me an hint? I'm really enjoying this game, thank you
Manuela

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Manuela and loggs, use the Hints and Tips forum.

Just like to say that Moonborn has quite a point there. In fact, it was *because* I knew that using "Display" to display those messages would offset it all in unexpected ways that I didn't think it had anything to do with rows and columns. Next time, consider using maybe a GUI or an actual sprite - something that lets us *see* the rows and columns, instead of a bunch of numbers. These sort of puzzles need this kind of visual clue, and this sort of aid in counting - otherwise it's just painful.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Bai Karl

I hadn't any problems with the numbers. I counted the row first and then the column.

Alla

:)Please,can any1 open link in HINTS and tips,conserning  game Cosmos Quest 1 ?
Ita not easy game for some players. ::)
Icant open link,cose i enter as visitor and only can use 'REPLY' item.I wanted to register so many times but ..my unswers to their questions ,never right  :) also ,it seems to me i reply on most dissant way.. ???  :o
so i just gave up,never mind..i played games for many years now on this line..So,plz,somebody open link HINTS and tips.Thanks.. :) :) :) :) :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk