Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

FSi++

OK

My name is Ivan, I live in Russia, somewhere near Yekaterinburg.

I am 22 and I like ponies and making silly faces.

mitlark

Hello comrades of game making. My real name is Orlando, but for forum activities i prefer to be called L'ark. Ahem... I'm from Costa Rica, something a bit far from the main base of this forum (England "i suppose?"). My main intention to be here is to help and be helped, I'm not very old in the AGS stuff but I have some experience in some other popular game making editors (and some non-popular ones xd).
Anyway, I'm mostly a Graphic Artist, from drawing (manga style) to pixelart. I have some experience, I'm not the God but I think that I'm good enough for simple things :). Also I like to make some scripting, like my first attempt in the AGS (a status window and some stats formulas, simple for us starters ;D).
My ambition by now is to make an adventure game with some tints of RPG. I don't see exactly what I'm looking done, so I will be scripting it for the sake of my ambition. That equals to: I will make some modules for community use ;D, but in the near-far future...

Enjoy yourselves and your lives, and enjoy AGS ;D, best regards,
L'ark Mitsinikos
SPIN SPIN! SPIN SPIN!

mr crowley

Im Mr Crowley
I like to draw and stuff
My favorite game is Psychonauts, next favorite is Grim Fandango

KillingSpree

Hello everyone!
My name is Brenno and I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
I'm a gamer as long as I can remember, I grew up playing games
such as Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Street Fighter(In fact, I think it's the first game I've played) and many others. My first experience
with point 'n' click was Broken Sword : The Shadow of the Templars and I've been hooked ever since.
The first time I've heard of AGS was in a CD-ROM about making games, and what program I found there? You've probably guessed
it! (It was a very old version).

The first AGS games I played was Chzo Mythos(especifically 5 Days a Stranger) and Ben Jordan.

Domino

Dualnames

Quote from: Domino on Sun 13/06/2010 00:04:53
Quote from: KillingSpree on Sat 12/06/2010 19:42:48
Silent Hill

You have good taste in games, Welcome to the forums.

You have good taste in people, welcome to the forums.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

straydogstrut

Haven't done this yet so I guess I should introduce myself here.

I'm a 27 year old guy from Scotland, now living in England with my partner, her family, and our three cats (aww!). I've just recently finished a games design degree so hopefully i've managed to remember a thing or too, but no promises!

I go by the alias 'straydogstrut' now, though I still show up as 'Rambo' on some sites (No resemblance! A friend gifted it to me years ago). It's also the title of my near-five year old blog and a reference to my all-time favourite anime: Cowboy Bebop. I absolutely love anime, and animation in general, as well as anything sci-fi. Oh and i'm always on the look out for recommendations so feel free=)

I'm a complete newcomer to adventure games reallly. I can count the number of commercial titles i've played on both hands. Honestly. In fact, despite the many games i've played in other genres, there are whole swathes of games that i've missed out on thanks to my humble gaming origins (no Nintendo consoles *gasp*). But thankfully my love of retro games means that there's a banquet of past titles for me to feast on, one game at a time, so i'm now making up for lost time. (That and I don't have any next gen consoles!) My gaming tastes are changing too and i'm now opening my eyes to adventure games (and my jaw's already on the floor seeing the stuff around here).

I was bitten by the adventure bug in my first year at uni when we had to design an adventure game for the DS, and became enraptured with the reviews and articles over at Quandaryland (now hosted at http://www.metzomagic.com). I think i've known about AGS for longer than that, but i've never actually sat down to learn it, and i've also messed around with Inform7 and TADS on and off. I've used other game making tools before too, such as DarkBASIC, Director MX 2004, and most recently Unity.

Now I have more free time (unemployment, woo!) I want to make some adventure games, one of the first being that DS game, with another to follow. But before that i'll be starting small. My strengths - or at least my main interests (i'll let the community be the judge of my strengths) - lie in storytelling and (non-AGS) scripting, although i've dabbled in most things except audio really. Puzzle design is probably going to be one of my weakest areas given my inexperience with adventure games.

I considered using Unity for this, since i've been using it all year, but why reinvent the wheel? AGS has been on my 'to learn' list for years anyway. Plus, the community here is one of the best i've seen, and hopefully I can prove myself a worthy part of it eventually.

I'd like to think i'm genuinely friendly and approachable, but i'll leave that for you to decide. I'm always keen to meet new people anyway, so feel free to say hello.

Uh, yeah. So that's me.

Bulbapuck

Quote from: straydogstrut on Wed 16/06/2010 02:17:39
I'm a complete newcomer to adventure games reallly. I can count the number of commercial titles i've played on both hands. Honestly.
Then you've got some good times ahead of you :)
Welcome to the forum straydogstrut!

ThreeOhFour

Allo Straydogstrut, I remember you as Rambo.

Cool to see you join the forums  8)

zrodfects

Sup all...

Just signed up 2 minutes ago and thought I'd say hey :)

I am a huge fan of old school pixel art of the 8-bit/16-bit world.... Even to this day the old school 2D pixel graphics still beats todays games. Not to say todays games are crap. I just prefer the days of the Amiga.... I own 2x 360 Elites, 1x PS3, 1x Nintendo Wii, 2x PSP's, 4x GBA, 2x PC's and a laptop so I am pretty covered :)

I have helped a few people with level designs and the odd graphics or two for their games but never completed my own games. So I am currently working on a few titles as we speak......

Oh and I am from Melbourne Australia....

#############################
Come join my new website. I just opened it a couple of days ago.... It doesn't have much yet as I used to have a Geocities account until they stopped people having websites.

It has a forum i just recently opened up and today I opened the Tutorials Page..... I am chasing around to get it started with some people. I have had about 15 vistors in the last few days and have had a member sign up on the site which is a start... There are categories about Game Making and gameing consoles etc. It is not just about game making, it is also about gaming consoles and PC's and much more

As I said it is new so I still have alot to upload, so in the coming weeks it should be full of all kinds of info and resources etc....

Hope to see you there :)

http://zrodfects.webs.com/

Thanks

Zro Dfects

Mati256

Hello!
I have registered some days ago and posted a few times, and lurked a lot more.  ;D
My real name is Matías, and I'm from Uruguay.
I'm currently studding Publicity and I'm an examen away from my degree in Journalism.
Started programing some years ago in Visual Basic, then C++, Pascal, and Assembler, never liked it much tough.
All this for my degree in, what would be translated, "Maintenance and Repairing of Computers", or something like that.
So I'm kind of a Technician-Journalist-Publicist sort of guy.  ???

Really like Adventure Games, and used AGS some years ago, but I can't remember in which forum I was... Now I'm getting used to it again and working on a project I hope will end well.
My Blog! (En Español)

straydogstrut

Welcome to the forums!

I look forward to your creations=)

VerityDemortem

Hello all! My name is Sarah. I found AGS while aimlessly googling for good adventure games; I've loved the genre ever since playing Myst when I was little. (Me and everyone's brother, right?) I hope to submit some creations in the future, but  I think I'll just hang around and experiment in secret until I know what I'm doing :P.
  I'm an amateur writer, artist, flutist, singer, poet, and (on and off) sculptor. A professional at nothing, I'm afraid. I'm currently revising a three-year project of a book that I have to admit I hope to publish one day. Still, considering the fact that I'm 17 and have only been writing for about 8 years. . . . It's really not likely.
  Anyways, I'm off to do a little more exploring.
"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart."
            - William Wordsworth

tampie85

Hi,

I was helping my boyfriend Arj0n with testing the game The Journey Down when he suggested that I should make a profile on this page too, so here I am :)

My name is Tamara, 25 years and I'm living in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. I'm currently working as a Software Test Coordinator at a financial company.

I can't write code or design graphics, but I hope I can help you guys out by combining my profession with my hobby and test the adventure games you've made.

Gravity

Hm, I don't think I've ever welcomed people to the forum. So to make up for the last ten or more years... WELCOME ONE AND ALL (SOON TO COME) NEWCOMERS! Yes, I believe that atones me of my sins.

Edit: Great, I had to ruin my perfect posting record by editing my post to correct a spelling mistake I made when editing my post.

Nicodoll

Hiya, I'm Nico!

I'm a thirteen year old interested in designing games/arts in general; AGS combines both of them and got me really excited! It is very easy to use (of course you'll need to read the manual and go through some tutorials on youtube/wiki, but thats with starting any software!)

I am currently making a game for my friends in another forum, and I came here to ask for help and give suggestions on art!

I hope you'll except me as one of your own; I'm really young compared to the 20-30 year olds here!

-Nico

Diath

Hello I'm pretty new to posting on this forum. I made Dead Silence recently and have a game or two up my sleeve still, one even in production (albeit slow). I look forward to posting more here!

bupaje

New guy checking out AGS right now. I'll be lurking for the most part but figured I'd say hi.

Delta

Hi,

The adventures created by Yahtzee Croshaw led me to this site. I'm a musician, 34 years old from Barcelona -Spain- and I think I can be helpful to this comunity.

Regards.

LRH

Hello, welcome to the forums!  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk