Paranoid (October MAGS entry)

Started by Chicky, Sun 24/10/2004 14:42:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

Paranoid!

Well here it is, my attempt at this months MAGS.

You Play EGO, a man trapped in a world of pixels and binary. Convinced that you're stuck in an computer game you go forth to seek somone who may know somthing about the matter.

Game is in 320x240 high colour, with loads of places to go. :)

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Paranoid1.1.zip

Enjoy.

Version 1.1 is now here, fixed the inventory graphics.

I was very hard pushed to finish this game (family problems), and apologise for any bugs/typos that may be in it. It is my first completed game and i just wanted to get it finished.

Dart

Just finished playing your game, Chicky... the art overall was quite lovely, to say the least. And that ending made me friggin' laugh out loud.

But, what do you mean where was I? I was here every day, you f00. All you had to do was PM me your script and I'd take a look at it.

Nonetheless, it's a great first game. ^_^

Babar

This is your first game?? Wow... I did not know that. Great graphics! Even the music, which I thought I would get too repetitive, grew on me. The only problems I noticed was that some places the walk-behinds were not well placed. Other than that, I would have liked it if I got more description texts when clicking, but this being a MAGS game, I can understand that you did not have time. Definitely voting for this.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Chicky

Aww shucks, thanks guys (and gals).  Yeh, err walk behinds... did i even make any walk behinds? And yeh, there werent enough interactions; sorry about that ... umm lack of time, yup.

Anyway, thankyou very much for the kind words.

A-Hed

This was a very nice game, lovely graphics and a really funny ending. For a first game, it is very cool! And you made this in only two weeks? That's very good!

You know you got my vote on Mags, chick.

Cheers, and good luck with Guard Duty!Ã,  ;)

JD

Great game chick! I really like your art style :)

bubble n tweek

well hallo there Chick!

ok, i've just played the game and whilst doing so i thought, 'wow, what a cool game.'

So, what better thread to use my first ever post on?

i must say, i think i look rather dashing in it, and that's not a bad geetah, either. but shouldn't it by Green Day I'm playing?

Oh well, apart from that this was really fun to play, i especially liked the cool alien and the stroke of genius of an ending, obviously.

Well with that i shall say 'toodle pip'

;D

Potch

Hi just downloaded your game (yeah, I know alittle late)  Anyway, I can't seem to anything.  I've been to all the screens I think and talked to everybody, but I can't get anywhere.  A little hint would be appreciated!
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Chicky

hehe, have a look at what you've got, and maybe take a leaf in the right direction.

hope you enjoy the ending!

Reptile

Wow man! This game is great, you should invest some time in a remake, take more time and add more detail to the graphics, more puzzles, plot extension, hotspots, walkbehinds... etc. Great job, I love the Sprites and Graphics.  ;)
(Signature removed due to violation of image size rules).

SuperDre

anyone got a downloadlink? the original on MAGS and the one in this thread doesn't exist anymore..

Akatosh

Since it has been NEARLY FIVE YEARS since then and bicycle-for-slugs is still dead as the metaphorical doornail, you may have to ask Leon.

Leon

You can try to download the complete set since this game is from October 2004.

There's also a torrent file mentioned in that thread so you can download just one file if you use a torrent. If not, I've uploaded the file to my site so you can take it from there.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

arj0n

Sorry, but the torrent data is on a crashed PC, so no torrent available for now....
So Leon is the only option left ;)

Dualnames

Quote from: Leon on Wed 05/08/2009 21:31:51
You can try to download the complete set since this game is from October 2004.

There's also a torrent file mentioned in that thread so you can download just one file if you use a torrent. If not, I've uploaded the file to my site so you can take it from there.

I've tried to change it on the MAGS site, but for a reason it won't take it.. Anyway wondering did on that month two people won? Cause on 2004 October there are two winners..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Leon

Well... yeah, when 2 people won, there are two winners...  :P

There was a problem with the entry of Aussie. It was a game already made and announced on the completed games board. Aussie asked if it was ok to enter it as an entry into the comp. It was overlooked by Klaus.  There hadn't been a voting since there seemed to be only one game at first so it was decided (by Klaus) to call it a tie when he discovered it. Two entries, two winners. Rules we slightly altered to prevent the situation in the future.

Aussie's request can be read here.
You can read all about Klaus' explanation here.

Klaus should know all the details.. or Aussie.

Khris

I wanted to try this, but the link is dead.

Edit: Damn, sorry, didn't see the date...

Leon

From my site it isn't. Try it here and check the link at the bottom. To simplify, I put your name next to it ;-)

Chicky

Hah! Freakin' madness! I lost this game like... two pc's ago?

In fact, up until two minutes ago i could have sworn i'd never finished a game before  :=

Time to find out what this laugh out loud ending is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk