MAGS: Jacob

Started by ThatOneChick87, Tue 23/10/2007 08:13:45

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatOneChick87

This is my first game. Its a short game for MAGS, October 2007: Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

I was originally going to do a Reality-On-The-Norm game for mags, but decided I wanted the feeling of the game to be darker since Halloween is right around the corner. I edited the Ron GUI, because I wanted colors and different cursors.

Story

Lately, Jacob has been having terrible nightmares. Nightmares that wake him up in cold sweats. Lucky for him, they are only dreams. And when he awakes, everything is back to normal. Atleast until he and his girlfriend, April, take a long trip. Then, his nightmares start to shift into reality, and Jacob must figure out what is going on before its too late.

320x200 at 16-bit color

Screenshot

Download the game here:

Jacob.rar

Here is the mirror:

Jacob.rar Mirror
"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away."

Bohnito

ThatOneChick87

Quote from: Bohnito on Tue 23/10/2007 09:09:54
file is broken

I just used both links and had no problem with either file.
"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away."

wavigravi

fun game just finished it, i found the story quite entertaining although it would of been better if it had a few puzzles.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

---------------------------
Error
C:\AGS Games\Regular Games\Jacob.rar
The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
OK   

This after three, four re-downloads, both from the mirror and from freewebs. The file is corrupted, please re-upload.

No, I don't know how wavigravi got it to work. I sure can't.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

mätzyboy

I think a good idea would be to set up a second download with a zip instead. I don't know why but I think sometimes different rar compressing/decompressing software are not fully compatible. They should be, but I've seen this before, here on the forums actually. I think it was Besh's 3D-plugin that some people could open, and some couldn't...

wavigravi

yer i dont understand why your getting a currupt zip, for the info am using winrar 3.71 incase thats the problem u guys are having

Dualnames

Not sure why everybody can't download the game. I did and played the thing.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Klaus

The download worked just fine for me, too. For the time of MAGS voting I temporary put the game on the MAGS server as a ZIP file. So it might be helpful for those who have problems with the RAR file. I hope that's okay for you ThatOneChick87!?  :)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Ah, thank you Klaus, now I can actually play it!
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

vertigoaddict

I downloaded the released version (just 'cause) and I've noticed that 'Thatonechick87' had taken the time to tweak (change) the backgrounds a bit (though not alot) and it was a pleasure to see the add on at the end.

I like this story, I suddenly have the urge to write something based on it.

ThatOneChick87

Hey, thanks for the comments, I wish I would have made the story better/longer. By all means vertigo you can write something based on it, or just completely re-do it to make it a better story/graphics/puzzles.

I haven't been around much so I'm just noticing that people were having trouble downloading it. Thanks klaus for making a zip file. I have a dial up connection and I've always found it easier to compress files to rar when uploading. I use 7-Zip, by the way. Is there a better free program?

FSi++

I use 7-Zip, by the way. Is there a better free program?

That's one of the best.

p.s. Congratulations on winning. Or not, haven't played your game yet. Will do this saturday once I'll have some free time. o/

vertigoaddict

Quote from: ThatOneChick87 on Wed 31/10/2007 09:18:38
Hey, thanks for the comments, I wish I would have made the story better/longer. By all means vertigo you can write something based on it, or just completely re-do it to make it a better story/graphics/puzzles.

I use 7-Zip, by the way. Is there a better free program?

I might actually do that, in the future.

I have 7-zip too, it's good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk