Colouring Ball (Until Jan. 12): Your own personal army!

Started by Arboris, Thu 03/01/2008 16:42:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Arboris

This CB's topic is: Your own personal army

Use the given outlines to create your own army.  Infantry, tanks, fortresses or giant bomber thingies. Anything is allowed, and favorably something of a distopian future setting.
I've always been a sucker for the warhammer 40k series, so I thought I'de use a few shapes which you can use to create your own little army with.

RULES
Theme:          Create your own Army
Max colours:  unlimited
Max height:   unlimited
Max width:    unlimited
-Additional-
* The outlines may be mirrored and rotated in any way or form.
* The outlines may be copied.
* The outlines may be resized.
* The outlines may be altered, but still has to be recognisable. (the altering especially holds true for the smaller pieces to make them fit)
* Extra guns or other various potentialy lethal objects may be placed ontop of the outlines aswell. Aslong as the original shape is still clearly visible.
* Not all the outlines are required to be used.

Here is an simple example for creating a soldier and what is allowed:

The backpack and gun are added, and aslong as the additives don't become domaneering part of the picture, it's allowed.

As usual bonuspoints for creativity and originality. Also bonuspoints for the use of a background.

*edit*

And here are some rewards for showing off ;)

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

monkey0506

This is kind of interesting. A sort of mix-n-match choose-your-own-colouring-ball... :D

I think for the sake of argument and completeness any entries should contain reference to which outlines were used. Which might be easier if they were numbered...

I took the liberty of numbering the outlines for easier referencing. All outline numbers are contained within the outline except 10 which is written just to the left of the outline.

Arboris

Well bugger, Im starting to believe that this one will end with no entries.
it is oh so awefully empty  :'(.

DrewCCU

if july 11 or 12 rolls around and there are still no entries or only like one you may want to extend the deadline.  Keep in mind that this is a rather large coloring ball - a lot of time and detail goes into a theme such as this - but i think its an interesting and esciting th eme and i'm anxious to see some entries - i'd enter myself but this one is a little too large for me as i'm very busy right now and besides - i'm not the greatest pixel artist in the world - i'd probably embarrass myself.  Anyway - just letting you know i think an extension may be in order.
"So much of what we do is ephemeral and quickly forgotten, even by ourselves, so it's gratifying to have something you have done linger in people's memories."
-John Williams

Arboris

well, technicly a single soldier is already allowed. So it doesn't need to be that big :) but I'll see on the 12th

Arboris

somehow that makes me think of duke nukem 3d:"That's one doomed spacemarine"  :P

OneDollar

Right, this is an entry ;)

Through the still and starry night
Across the lake so placid
Glides Colonel William T. Dwight
With his glass of magic acid

42 colours, 100x100 for the background

Apparently 'magic' acid has the formula FSO3HSbF5. So there you go.

Edit: Oh, and I used 4, 5, 6, 10 and 13

yarooze

here is mine entry:
1x 2x

Parts: 6-9,12-14. I changed the nurse parts a bit, I hope it is ok (that was unavoidable). The manequin parts are unchanged. The PH has the right parts + some extras.

PS. Cool entry, OneDollar!  ;)

PPS. not personal army;D    (no offence. Nudity inside)
My Blog

Ilmion

monkey0506

I may make an entry but don't hold me to it. If I do then I hereby reserve this spot.

On that note I actually have started something, but I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish it up.

Arboris

And thus ends this little competition. So without further ado:

First place goes to:
OneDollar and his soldier on ice.

Second place
Yarooze and his silent hill army.

And third place goes to
Ilmion and his jetpack infantry.

So congratulations OneDollar, the power is yours! And remember: use them wisely.

Ilmion

Yeah ! My first Trophy !!!
But I had to resize it a little, it was 4 pixel too high for the signature :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk