Jibble

A redesign of the AGS site is being planned! Please check out the mockups and give your feedback.

Two factor authentication (via app or email) is now available for the forums. You can enable it on your profile.

Author Topic: Got my bike license back!  (Read 2394 times)

DutchMarco

• Mittens Baronet
    • I can help with making music
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with translating
    • I can help with web design
    • DutchMarco worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • DutchMarco worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Got my bike license back!
« on: 11 Jun 2010, 12:33 »
I've passed my test for the motorcycle so, as soon as I've got that paperwork in, and I've had a new license made (and I've got a new battery in my bike - and I've had it's frame checked for straightness, and maybe fixed), I can go riding again.

Oh, and I never told you about my dad's stroke, did I? A few months back, he had it, and was in a pretty bad state for a while, but he's pretty much back to his old self again (warts and all - I wouldn't have minded if those - figurative - warts would have stayed away, in fact I'd've preffered it) so now - since the change in his health-state -he's had to take a test to show he's able to drive a car again (otherwise he'd be uninsured).
The weird thing about yesterday (when I had the test) was, that my dad has had the same test except for his car-license. He had a test by the same examiner, one hour before I had mine, so we ran into him when he was just leaving, and I arrived for my test. I was glad to hear that he'd passed, since if he'd have ######ed up, the examiner might be in a bad mood and since we obviously have the same familyname, that would make my test start of under a bad moon. And I definitely made some mistakes even right at the start - not grave ones, but still stupid ones that could've cost me but luckily I'd shown enough good to compensate. The test lasted half an hour which included waiting for a funeral procession - it would be in bad taste to call that lucky, wouldn't it?

So, now all I've got to do in the meantim si get a new battery for this bike and have it's frame check for structural soundness, and with any luck I might ride my bike to Italy this year (I'm looking forward to that), not only mitten up with the crew again - if only for a few days. And basically, I feel a little more whole again, more like the full self I used to be, now there's one more restriction lifted.

I'm happy! ;D

Guybrush Nosehair

• RHCP plays Toejam & Earl...
Re: Got my bike license back!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2010, 17:08 »
I believe this should have been posted under "General Discussion."