MODULE: KADS - Kick Ass Dialog System v1.0.0

Started by skuttleman, Mon 16/06/2008 00:17:18

Previous topic - Next topic

skuttleman

KADS Module (Kick Ass Dialog System)

The module is designed to bring extra functionality to the built-in dialog manager. Now you can edit your dialogs in AGS's built-in Dialog Manager, and use your own GUI to display the options customizing it any way you could possibly imagine!!!! - I think.

Requires AGS version 3.0.2 or later.

Caveats: Certain commands in the dialog editor will no longer work with this module. They have all been replaced with work arounds. See the manual (included in the download) for a full list and better explanation.

The Download includes the KADS Module, Instruction Document, and an AGS template (ready to compile and try) to show you some of the possibilities.

Revsion History:
Version 1.0.0 - 2008/06/15 - First Public Release

Edit by Dualnames: Replaced link with a working one.

Lt. Smash

sounds nice  ;)
pitty the link is down.  no was just my computer

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

sharprm

Hi, this is good - I am new at this but I got it up and running - I have a monkey island dialogue system now so thanks!

I think I found an error. Can you tell me how to get around this?

If you have two options, and make it so that one option turns itself off after you say it, then the character will automatically say the last option afterwards,
but then you have to choose the last option and you get an error. To replicate the error, turn off all the options on the template except the last two and the first one (I think).

I have one work around: allways have the option "goodbye" and "where do babies come from?" for every conversation, but ...

skuttleman

Quote from: sharprm on Sun 03/08/2008 04:05:53
If you have two options, and make it so that one option turns itself off after you say it, then the character will automatically say the last option afterwards,
but then you have to choose the last option and you get an error. To replicate the error, turn off all the options on the template except the last two and the first one (I think).

I have one work around: allways have the option "goodbye" and "where do babies come from?" for every conversation, but ...

Wow. How strange. I'll look into that. Another work around for the time being, go into the KADS Header script and change the line:

#define KADS_AUTO_SELECT_SINGLE_OPTION true

to:

#define KADS_AUTO_SELECT_SINGLE_OPTION false

This will make it so you have to select the last option, and should fix the problem for now.

sharprm

Hi, I've been away a while and am on a new computer. I downloaded AGS 3.1.2 and KADS doesn't work. It gives "run-script must supply dialog request ID" for every time I have a "run-script -X" where X is a number.

Should I

-re-download the old version of AGS

-has KADS functionality been bettered by the new AGS (I want a dialogue system just like Monkey Island)?

-or do you have updated scripts?

skuttleman

When CJ added the ability to add regularly compiled code within the Dialog editor, I felt like this module became immediately obsolete. Did you check out this topic?

Dualnames

Personally this module is now obsolete for mouse controlled dialogs, and the best thing for keyboard interfaces. I couldn't live without it. ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

mode7

Dualnames

Vault15

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 18/11/2010 01:20:56
SURE

Do you still have this module? I'm experimenting with different dialog systems, although I figure this one may be obsolete (but possibly very useful).

Dualnames

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk