MAGS 2008-10: Stone Age

Started by Klaus, Wed 01/10/2008 09:25:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaus

Oh, no entries ... no winner ...

Just kidding ;) There are still 24 hours left (see timestamp of this posting) to submit
all your entries. Then the voting will begin - if there are games listed as entries here...

Eggie

Ehhh... I've got one

Magical Whatever Girl Rocks Out In The Stone Age

Click to download

I've gotta tell you, though. Right now I only consider it half a game. Oh, it's fully playable and everything; but soon, oh so very soon, the voice pack'll be ready to download and it will
KNOCK
YOUR
SOCKS OFF!

Seriously, it'll sound amazing. Look out for it!

On another note: Holy crap! I made a proper game in AGS!!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Cute game, Eggie! You might want to set the z-order of the option menu 1 higher than the inventory screen, though :).

SSH

Here's my entry:

Rock, Rock, Rock

Many thanks to all who helped, especially to Indie who has failed his university course in order to do my graphics.

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: SSH on Sat 25/10/2008 11:13:25
Many thanks to all who helped, especially to Indie who has failed his university course in order to do my graphics.

Nice to see people getting their priorities right  ;)

Eggie

You know you're stuck when you start desperately trying to click on the bird in the background.

EDIT: Oh wicked, I wish I could have spent some time playing rock paper scissors, though. Maybe after the credits.

IndieBoy

Go Team! ;D
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

bicilotti

Who made the voice acting?  ;D

OneDollar

Aaaaand here's mine...

Erk: Adventures in Stone Age Real Estate

Download!!

bicilotti

Yay, I feared this would turn in another "won by default" and I WAS TOTTALY WRONG!!!!1!!!1!one!

Sylvr

Hooray for.... ending up not helping :( Oh well, glad to see it's done! I must play it. Terrible, Indie.
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

Eggie

Everybody post your custom cave art:

I drew Death from Sandman. I think I got her hook thing on the wrong eye... that must be why it was 'odd'.

Rad game, by the way. Annoyingly so.

OneDollar

Quote from: Eggie on Sat 25/10/2008 17:48:15
Rad game, by the way. Annoyingly so.
Heh thanks, the feeling's mutual ;D Loved your entry, great art and animation and genuinely funny too. Nice work!

Right, now I'm gonna go play Rock Rock Rock...

Edit: Great work guys! Its short but full of nice touches like the bird flying around and when you use the fire :D. Especially liking the floppy feet walkcycle Indie, puts my 2 frame one to shame. Hope the course doesn't suffer too badly... oh, and cool music Dualnames, very atmospheric.

I'm glad I have an excuse not to vote in this one...

Klaus

Hey! 3 entries! For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

Rock Rock Rock by SSH
Magical Whatever Girl by Eggie
Erk - Adventures in Stone Age Real Estate by OneDollar

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

Dualnames

Quote from: OneDollar on Sat 25/10/2008 19:59:39
Quote from: Eggie on Sat 25/10/2008 17:48:15
oh, and cool music Dualnames, very atmospheric.

Thank God someone remembered me, I could make a tune for the outside, but I was only asked for 3 songs..none including outside. Damn it would have been fun making a tune for that. Anyway, I still haven't played it. I even made music before the first room was created by SSH.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Sylvr

Eggie, your game crashed. I believe it was when ... well I guess I should put it in hide brackets, just in case  ;D
Spoiler
talking to the stompy guy about doing his trick again.
[close]

I will now go and try to duplicate the error, because I forgot to note what the box said.

EDIT: There you go:

An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this
is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 3.02.1025)

in "GlobalScript.asc", line 68

Error: AnimateCharacter: invalid loop number specified

Also, for OD's game... anything that appears in text doesn't stay up. Like, dialogue is impossible to read because it's flashed up and then vanishes. It's impossible to play the game this way. :( Anyone else having that problem?
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

OneDollar

Quote from: Sylvr on Sun 26/10/2008 02:44:04
Also, for OD's game... anything that appears in text doesn't stay up. Like, dialogue is impossible to read because it's flashed up and then vanishes. It's impossible to play the game this way. :( Anyone else having that problem?

Erm... none of my testers did ;). There's a text speed option in the options menu, but even on the fastest setting its still fairly readable. You could try playing with that anyway. Anyone else getting this problem?

Leon

Not me, just plays perfectly, indeed even with the slider all the way to the right....
Great game, btw...
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Buckethead

All the games rocked but One dolllar's entry was just the best. Funny and nice graphic are the win!  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk