Tuuny tune contest January 2009: Space Age Music

Started by visy (the guy who made Lassi Quest), Wed 24/12/2008 23:34:31

Previous topic - Next topic

visy (the guy who made Lassi Quest)

Hello

This tune contest is all about Space Age Music.

You have to do a tune that embodies the concept "Space Age".

Allowed formats: mp3, ogg, mod, it, xm, sid, nsf.

Deadline: January 24th.

Go hog wild.
Still working on 8-bit stuff, mostly NES and Atari 2600:
http://oldskool.wamma.fi

PixelPerfect

Space age... the final frontier...

I don't even know what Space Age Music means. Maybe that's because we aren't there yet. Or are we?

Anyways... Here's an entry by yours truly:

PixelPerfect - SpaceFloat

boojiboy

I wasn't really sure how to approach this competition either, so I left it.
But so that PP feels like more of a winner, I've made something quick that hopefully reflects the theme.
http://www.box.net/shared/gy05p4y3zk

boojiboy

Can we please do something about this? It's been almost two weeks. Can someone just judge the competition for themselves. Otherwise I'll just have to admit defeat and let PP start a new contest.

I'd hate to see the music comp die out.

Bulbapuck

I agree!

Something must be done so I suggest that, if noone has any objections, PP gets to win this one.

The reason being that visy was last active on January 18th and I want to speed things up here ;)

And if PP hasn't started a new thread by the 10th, boojiboy gets to start the next thread.

Any objections?

PixelPerfect

Well I thought boojiboy's piece was pretty good and I was just waiting for the competition starter to voice his opinions. I guess it's pretty clear now that we can't trust for him to come back any time soon so I would like to declare this as a draw between me and boojiboy, if it's okay.

The next competition starter could be any which one of the two of us. If boojiboy has a good idea and wants to do it, I'm all for it. I have pretty much on my plate right now so it would be convinient for me if boojiboy took the rains.

And I do like your piece a lot boojiboy... It could use a little more modern samples/instruments (to my ear) but apart from that it's perfect ambience piece I would gladly hear, say, in star control 2 or the likes. Good job, buddy! :)

boojiboy

Thanks PP.
I did think your song was better but I have had an idea for a music comp for a while that I'[ve wanted to do so I'd be be happy to start a new one.

Bulbapuck

Great to see things moving :D

And for the record: both your songs were awesome! I don't know which one I thought was better. I just didn't want this thread to die out....

Gilbert

Since the contestants have settled this by themselves I'll just say go ahead, but I'll keep this thread open for a while, in case visy may return and put some words here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk