Tune Contest - Let's Go Mozart! (end march 17)

Started by Mazoliin, Tue 03/03/2009 12:09:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazoliin

* Make a melody similar to those who can be found during 1700 (classical music)
* Bend that melody so it fits in to more modern types of music, like rock, pop, jazz, techno.
* You can not use instrument one associate with classical music, like piano, violin, clarinet.

The more you make the music feel less like a 1700 piece, the better. For example, take a mozart song and make it sounds like jazz. Only different is that you have to make your own melody to start with.

A synthesizer is acceptable as long as it doesn't sound like above mentioned instruments.

Dualnames

Great idea. Really got me into wondering what was this all about at the beginning but come to get the grasp of it, it's really quite a cool idea. Count me in.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Nick Dangerous

Nick_Dangerous_-_AGS-Contest_Mozart.mp3

I'm not totally satisfied with this. The melody is not very Mozart-like during some parts. But since I'm not sure if I find some time during the next few days, I upload anyways.

kaputtnik

That Mozart guy, whatever next! What a Zydeco all-time-classic, directly from the swamp! Grab it here for your next fête on the bayou:

http://www.box.net/shared/k87x0nsd1i
I, object.

Mazoliin

Awesome entries, precisely what I had in mind, tumbs up.

With some more entries we can really get this competition going (I'm looking at you Dualnames)

Wyz

I'm not entirely happy with this, oh well :P

Style: Hip hop / DnB
Instruments: drum, vibe, metal and funk guitar, fretless bass, hammond. (most of the samples actually come from youtube flicks  :D )

http://www.box.net/shared/q5k8jst8ka
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Mazoliin

How nice with so many entries, but alas, there can only be one winner and it is...

(brace yourself)

Nick Dangerous

Many applause to everyone that entered.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk