Awakener - Russian Translation

Started by ThreeOhFour, Tue 29/09/2009 13:24:59

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

Fadi has been given permission to visit his Aunt Sylvia for the day - but Auntie Sylvia has a problem, and would like some help fixing it.
Join Fadi on a snack sized adventure through a colourful world that is host to a bunch of even more colourful characters!

I've been wanting to make a short one room adventure game all year, and have been distracted twice already, so this time I forced myself to not be so distracted (and I needed a break from my bigger project).

The game's page is here - I hope you enjoy :)

Crimson Wizard

I haven't yet started the game itself, but I can already comment that logos / main menu text is too fade! I guess more contrast needed. Downgrading graphics to 16 bit helps, but I suppose that's not an optimal solution...

Snake

Wonderful game, once again, Ben! Just finished it. It was quite fun and had a few funny sayings in it. The animations were great too.

Spoiler

When Fadi takes the knife out of the plant pot and turns around in that pose, it scared the bejesus out of me ;)
[close]
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Khris

Just great!
Flawless game mechanics and superb attention to detail, as usual.

One little glitch:
Spoiler
The vending machine doesn't react to other inventory items.
[close]

Crimson Wizard

A lovely game indeed with cute animations.

Well, I have these issues for now :)

Spoiler

1. Mouse cursor is initially visible and flickers a second before first logo.
2. Flag does not react to other inventory items.
3. There's a blue pixel on a house with flag. Or, maybe it was rather transparent pixel and sky shows through.
[close]

Crimson Wizard

Allright finished. Only stuck for a while
Spoiler

trying to figure out how to get the pike.
[close]

More issues, including logical one:
Spoiler

4. It is possible to get statue a dress BEFORE speaking with Poron for the first time. If you do so, boy still acts as he already spoken to Poron before and knows he needs a password.
5. When flag falls down, there's a perspective mistake, I guess, it looks like it fell too far away.
[close]

Oh, yes, and I still suggest to make logo images (and credits too) more dark in colour for contrast.

Matti

Ben, you are a crazy guy. Admit it, you have a bunch of highly trained monkeys who work for you!

Haven't played it yet, but I expect it to be as good as usual. And I really dig your current style, both the character and the background art!

Thanks for yet another game.

Helme

Quote from: Mr Matti on Tue 29/09/2009 15:21:19Ben, you are a crazy guy. Admit it, you have a bunch of highly trained monkeys who work for you!

Ben must have ghostwriters... erm... ghostcoders. I suppose there are 303 ghostcoders  ;D.

IndieBoy

Downloading now, will report back soon!

Really Fun! I love how your games are set in completely different worlds and the minute you are comfortable in the setting and the story, something out of the blue happens and you get the impression that there is a lot more going on. Funniest game yet. Especially the Zelda-esk animation.

Stop taking us to these exciting worlds and only letting us stay for a short amount of time! I know you have said you like making short games, but come on Ben, you would have one epic game if you made a game that would take you an hour or two to complete.

Once again you have entertained, satisfied and inspired me. Good job!
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

arj0n

Awesome!
The backgrounds, sprites, animations, humorous lines & music: perfect sweet game!

kaputtnik

Well, I am ashamed to admit, but I hired a freelance ghost piano player to help me create the soundtrack this time and that guy cursed me after I didn't pay him, and now the whole place is haunted and I have these terrible nightmares of soda machines and unholy relics...

Way to go, Ben!
I, object.

Leon

Ben, Ben, Ben, what did you do this time? Again a game, wonderful to look at but with puzzles, a bit too easy and 'standard'. Maybe next game focus a bit more on the intellectual part instead of the artistic part, ok? Don't get me wrong, a brilliant production again.

And of course I know an orange is orange ;-) Otherwise it would have been a green orange instead of an orange orange. But thanks for the reference. While on the subject, talking to auntie the final time:

- under this fellows nose --> fellow's nose.

Then the man replies:

- I can't believed it happened --> I can't believe

Great work, again. Well done, also congrats to Kaputtnik for another nice soundtrack.

Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

arj0n

Kaputtnik, can you please add this soundtrack on your website as DL?

None

;D ALRIGHT NEXT ADVENTURE...
Wanna follow the spirit!
MORE MORE MORE...

LUniqueDan

Wow Ben ! I can never get enough of your drawing style!
*Downloading*
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Clarvalon

Adventure games are usually such lonely affairs.  It's remarkable how you can conjure up an actual sense of community just by having all the characters in the one place. 

It's nice to see Ben maintaining his high standards, the animations especially.  Excellent stuff.
XAGE - Cross-Platform Adventure Game Engine (alpha)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Good to see you finished it, Ben.  The background and animations are great!

miguel

Great stuff again Ben.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

ThreeOhFour

Crimson Wizard: I am glad to hear you enjoyed the game, and thank you for bringing up those things which caught your attention. I haven't tried downgrading the graphics to 16 bit, but I would really advise against doing this, as there are a few sprites reliant on alpha transparencies and downgrading would most probably cause some odd visuals to appear.

Snake: Thanks - that is probably my favorite animation in the game too, so it's fun to hear it caught your attention  ;D

Khris: And more thanks!  :D Also, I appreciate you mentioning the little glitch. I don't know how these things slip my attention, but they always do. Glad to hear you enjoyed, regardless  :)

Mr Matti: There are no highly trained monkeys - there is only a single untrained monkey, and that is me  8). As for being crazy, well, you're not the first to suggest such a thing...

Helme: Nah, although Ghost did help me with some of the script for Annie Android ;)

Indie: Thanks again, man. I tell ya, I am working on a longer length game, but I still want to make short games as well, so expect to see at least one more before I've got a longer game to show off. Making longer games is alright (as if I'd know), but I do so love just taking out a couple of weekends to put something concise together as well.

Arj0n: I am pleased to hear you enjoyed it, mate. I am sure Sebastian can be convinced to share his music from his submarine (last seen near Spain)

Sebastian: Sprinkle salt around the place. It works for me, and when you need to add a pinch of salt to your pasta, you can reach down to the floor and get it, without having to travel all that way to the cupboard!

Leon: Yep, I thought it'd be nice to do something 'standard' for a change. Pushing my puzzles in new directions is enjoyable and all, but I'd been designing and coding all different sorts of puzzles for about 6 weeks before starting this, so I wanted to do something simpler for my brain's sake. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it, amused to see that you noticed that line, and unsurprised to see that you found some typos  8).

Charles: Thanks, bud! If you're looking to follow spirits, may I humbly suggest you try Heed?  ;D

LUniqueDan: Appreciated, licorice toaster friend upon sugary islands of moss!

Clarvalon: Cheers :). Putting all the characters on one screen also means that I only have to align two hundred thousand pixels with my tablet, as opposed to a million or so ;).

ProgZ: Thanks, ProgZ. It makes it worth the hours of staring at pixels to hear that!

Miguel: Thanks bud! Glad to hear you enjoyed :)

kaputtnik

Arjon: Bill there, Stan that: http://erdbeertelefon.net/en/soundflies

Get your Awakener soundtracks while they're hot, people, and them drop 'em like they're broken!
I, object.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk