Death episode 1 "I´ll be back!" *Updated* (BETA DEMO!)

Started by karja, Wed 30/09/2009 20:21:56

Previous topic - Next topic

karja

Homepage(blog): http://www.deathbykarja.blogspot.com/

BETA DEMO: http://www.mediafire.com/?konim5ddktt  (21.34 mb)

Some feedback would be nice! :)

Death beta Demo

Controls:

Left Click = Walk To, Look at.

Right Click = Interact, Pick up, Talk to, etc.

Inventory:

Open inventory = Click the Black spiral at right screen edge.

Use inventory object = Left click

Look at inventory object = Right Click

Known Issues (and things we are about to fix):

To walk right on a few places you have to click the lower right corner of the screen

(the inventory GUI is blocking clicks behind it).

A save/load game GUI and a custom dialog GUI is in the making.

Sounds are not completed!

Story:

You are Death, aka The Grim Reaper.
This game is meant to be a mini series with different episodes.
In this episode(1) Death becomes involved with a demon who wants his scythe to claim unlimited power.

Release: end of Q1 2010

Screens:

Home:

Com central:

NEW SCREENS (click to view large)

Story: 100%
Scripting: 80%
Graphics:90%
Animations: 60%
Music/ Sounds: 10 %

Authors:
Graphics: Karja1
Scripting: Karja2

Snake

Your images aren't showing up...

\\--EDIT--\\
I see them now!
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Nikolas

Screens do how, indeed for me, Snake.

But, while the game looks fab, I still get this strange feeling of "posting too early". Music 0%, graphics 10%, coding 5%... Seems a tad low.

Anyways, best of luck with the game and it seems like a great idea, with very nice graphics to complement it.

Find Therma

Wow! I really like the look of this.

Good luck with it!  :)

wpowell

Great graphics= great game  :). But that schyte that you are talking about should be scythe. Oh by the way, the format of the home with the carpet or rug that is checkered looks like it would be a great place to relax and place chess with the ghostly people as pawns, rooks, knights, etc. Two thumbs up.

Khris

That's a nice style you've got there, reminds me a bit of Grim Fandango.

I gotta ask though: why ruin the screenshots with the window border...? :=
There's a built-in screenshot command in AGS, and even though it doesn't work during dialogues without moving it to rep_ex_always, why not crop the ugly border?
scnr

karja

The Gui will be very simple.

Left click = walk to and look at.
Right click = Interact with items and characters and such.

For the inventory we are going for something like the new Sam and Max games.

Dualnames

Quote from: wpowell on Wed 30/09/2009 23:17:47
Great graphics= great game  :). But that schyte that you are talking about should be scythe. Oh by the way, the format of the home with the carpet or rug that is checkered looks like it would be a great place to relax and place chess with the ghostly people as pawns, rooks, knights, etc. Two thumbs up.

Not always, but on topic the game looks fabulous!!!111111!!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SuperDre

CosmoQueen

These graphics are incredible! Totally flawless! Great job so far, I can't wait to see the finished product!
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

karja

Death episode 1 is back in production again after a few weeks "must do" (non ags related) projects. Since it is a spare time project thing like that can happen. :(

But the release is still planned for end of Q1 2010.

We just opened a blog where you who are interested can follow the making.

Here is the adress:  http://deathbykarja.blogspot.com/

And as a little christmas present, I have added a little test game I made. (To get the hang of AGS).
You can find it under AGS test game at the blog.

karja

Updated the original post with some new screens and a blog web page adress.

And hopefully, if everything going the way we want it to go, An almost full beta, or beta demo is going to be released soon.

Full beta or beta demo depends on how much time my brother can spend on scripting the game together, and my skills in making music :O

Chicky

Just letting you know that you're doing a great job with those graphics, the new screenshots look fantastic. I've gotta ask, 3D rendered first?

karja

Yes, backgrounds are mostly done in 3D, and then some photoshop editing for the details.

Characters and such are drawn and animated in flash.

Timo.

Woooo, the graphics seem to get better and better. Will it really come out by the end of Q1?
Smile :]

karja

I do hope that we will have it ready for release on the pointed out time, and we will do our best to make it happen.:)

karja

BETA DEMO released se first post for link and game instructions!

Hope you will like it.

david

ok, just started, a solid game with interesting plot  :D

one point though:
when you go downairs the main character says something, but it is not readable. only the bottom part of the text is visible..

Eggie

Haven't played the demo yet but I dig the character art. Simple but really appealing, which is a difficult thing to pull off with that vector-y technique.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk