Featherweight

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sun 15/11/2009 12:31:36

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

I've been saving post #1337 for something special, and here she is 8)

In the fight against the machines, featherweights play a minor role - scouting, recon and spying. Considered as mere data collectors
rather than true warriors, they're untrained in combat and ill equipped for any encounters with the enemy. However, when Thadd, a young
featherweight, sees a fellow featherweight captured by the enemy and taken to their base, he decides that he will sneak into their
compound and help her escape - even if he has to do it all by himself.

Using your left mouse button (Walk, interact, select items) and your right mouse button (look, deselect items), guide Thadd in his daring
attempt to break his fellow featherweight free!

Get the game here!

The following people have as much thanks as I can possibly give for their help:

Sebastian, for being a creative powerhouse of sounds and music and really helping me shape the game.

Ryan Timothy, not only for testing and saying nice things about the game, but also for redoing my OverPlayerTranslucency function to be thrice as nice with that fading effect! (and also for putting up with me spouting rubbish on MSN at all hours of the night/morning)

Abstauber, Arj0n, Bicilotti and Crimson Wizard, who were fine testers indeed, and called me out on tons of little glitches!

Khris, who jumped in and answered one of my questions in the beginner's tech thread when I was frustrated!

monkey_05_06, for being patient and dedicated to getting those right clicks working perfectly in that inventory!

Funkmast, whose credits tune actually forces me to dance, even if I don't want to!!!

Peder Johnsen, who hosts my files without me even having to ask! (but I usually still do! ;))

Chris Jones, for the most incredible engine I've used!

And you, fine people, for playing my other games, saying nice things about them, showing me where I've made mistakes and keeping me encouraged.

I hope you enjoy!

IndieBoy

Oooo! I get a game to play before work :D
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

markbilly

Fab so far! :) bit stuck though, predictably!

One thing, it is a little hard to see the objects you can pick up. I think I've found everything I should, but sometimes it was by luck.

The backgrounds are very well composed though, I'm enjoying just seeing what the next background is!

Leon

Oh my god! Not again!! How many must we still expect from you? Don't you have anything else to do?  ;D
Looks as always... downloading now, telling you the typo's later.  ;)
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

sthomannch

Was a nice little game! Congratulations...

Crimson Wizard

Umm, Ben, don't rules state that you must post TWO screenshots?  ;)

PS. Sorry for being a bore  ;D

neon

Not in the completed games section, only in the production thread.

Disco

This was a very enjoyable game :D Lovely characters, and even the androids are adorable yet still menacing!

Also, congratulations on your leetness.

kaputtnik

Featherweight
« on: Today at 13:31

You missed the greatest opportunity of your life, boy. You could have been the ruler of GMT+1, blinding all of us old Europeans with your irresistible 1337ness, but no. You messed it up.

Other than that HOORAY HOORAY! IT IS A GOOD GAME AGAIN AND IT IS TOO SHORT!
I, object.

arj0n

@kaputtnik:
Can you please upload the awesome score of Featherweight?

Anian

Yeah, had a bit of the same trouble as markbilly did, but still great fun and beautiful art as always.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

CaptainD

Looks cool, downloading now  8)

Bulbapuck

Quote from: [ Arj0n ] on Sun 15/11/2009 17:26:36
@kaputtnik:
Can you please upload the awesome score of Featherweight?
Seconded :)

Another awesome game Ben :D I sometimes wish you would take the time to create a longer game, but these are amazing as well.

A great experience, and I will keep on recomending your games to people :)

Ryan Timothy B

It's about time you released it!  ;D  I like the new sound effects, and the light beam addition.
Excellent work, Ben.  Keep on making games!

nihilyst

Your background never cease to amaze me. So much atmosphere.

The game itself was cool, too :D I really like the worlds you create.

CaptainD

Very nice little game, awesome graphics and music, some great puzzles packed into a small game!  ;D

IndieBoy

That was fun. I had a little trouble getting the crowbar but I enjoyed myself.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Crimson Wizard

By the way, Ben, I should say, no matter how I tried to understand two puzzles which involve combolock (prison ones, optional and final one), I couldn't solve them any other way than by "intuitive brute-force" ;) BTW that wasn't really hard thing to do after all.

Clarvalon

Really liked it.  Probably the most compelling game you've created so far - from the atmosphere and dialogue you can really infer a much larger universe than the rooms you explore.

I liked the way that Thadd would provide extra hints if you'd struggled to achieve a certain objective (and there are a few other occasions where this would have been useful). 

The @OVERHOTSPOT@ label font is a good size, though I still find the dialogue font a little on the small side.  Other than that it's difficult to think of any criticisms - another polished, good looking and entertaining game.
XAGE - Cross-Platform Adventure Game Engine (alpha)

nihilyst

Now that you mention it, the lower e of the dialogue font was horrible. I kept misunderstanding it as a z. The size could have also been a bit larger.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk