We are Vectors

Started by Guyserman82, Sat 05/12/2009 21:19:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Guyserman82

Hello! I have been watching some AGS tutorials by densming on Youtube ( http://www.youtube.com/user/densming#g/c/21DB402CB4DAEAEF ), and am just about ready to finish up a simple game. I used MS Paint to draw some boxes that look like vectors without any depth.
And, the lack of depth is the back drop of the game. The main character, Vince, is trying to find a supposed programming terminal to update the towns graphics.
Simple story, and simple game, but the intent was more to learn about AGS than anything. But, I put some effort into the script, and I thought somebody might enjoy it.
Programming: 100%
Graphics: 100%
Puzzles: 100%
Writing: 100%
There really isn't much left to do, except to put is together and release it. It should be online in a week, tops.

Update: My game is now finished. Download it here: http://www.esnips.com/doc/b7f9f009-8795-458a-b347-e94a25e5842d/We-Are-Vectors

Crimson Wizard

Speaking straight, what's the purpose of announcing a game in production few days before it is actually out?

QuoteI will put up screenshots as soon as I can.
You better do, or evil Darth Mandarb will close the thread  :=

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 05/12/2009 21:44:34
Speaking straight, what's the purpose of announcing a game in production few days before it is actually out?

Makes the chance of someone noticing your game at least twice as big. The screenshots are truly a must though.

Chicky

Awesome screenshots! I think you got the wrong idea about vectors though, m$paint can't do vectors. You could get the same effect but it would take a tonne of time and fancy anti aliasing (and would still have none of the benefits of vector). Maybe change the title to 'We are pixels'?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Chicky on Sun 06/12/2009 00:13:54
Awesome screenshots! I think you got the wrong idea about vectors though, m$paint can't do vectors. You could get the same effect but it would take a tonne of time and fancy anti aliasing (and would still have none of the benefits of vector). Maybe change the title to 'We are pixels'?
I think it does not really matter with what soft he drew that, but how it looks. And it looks like primitive vector graphics, in my opinion.

reminds me the days when I was drawing funny pictures using my father's AutoCAD :D

Chicky

Duh! You clearly have a better understanding than i do Guyserman82 ;) There was me thinking of Adobe Illustrator. It's the AGS forums, of course we're talking 1983 Atari games.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/arcade/atari/starwars/starwars_d.jpg

Use more bright blue  :=

Guyserman82

Thanks for the responces. I would like to know what people think of the game, so keep it up.
Any questions I can answer (without giving anything away, of course)?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Guyserman82 on Sun 06/12/2009 21:11:54I would like to know what people think of the game
You will know this only after game is released; so far you can expect only what people think about screenshots and textual description ;D

Guyserman82

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sun 06/12/2009 21:20:10
Quote from: Guyserman82 on Sun 06/12/2009 21:11:54I would like to know what people think of the game
You will know this only after game is released; so far you can expect only what people think about screenshots and textual description ;D
Okay, you got me there.  :)
I still like the few comments I have been getting though. It helps tell me if I am doing what I need to, to make this game good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk