EDITOR PLUGIN: Libraries v0.1 - from that one thing that RickJ said!

Started by monkey0506, Thu 28/01/2010 00:15:33

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

You remember that one thing that RickJ said? Well I was thinking, and these are some of my thoughts on what a library module should be:

- Work directly and seamlessly with existing script file format
- Easy to mark a script as a library
- Easily removed from the collection of libraries
- Easily included or excluded from a single project
- Easy to update global library from local copy and vice versa

Well with the Libraries plugin you can do just that:

For those of you wondering, that's XP it's just highly skinned. :P

You can mark a script as a library by right-clicking on it and selecting "Add to libraries". Now any time you load a game project that script will be automatically included. If you don't want every library to be automatically included in every project, click on "Preferences" where there is an option to turn that behavior off.

NOTE: Due to a current limitation in the plugin API any newly created or recently deleted scripts will not be reflected in the project tree. The easiest way I have found to update the list of scripts so far is by renaming one of the other scripts. Closing and reloading the project will also refresh the list. CJ has said that he may be able to implement a way to force this to refresh from the plugin API, you can support that here.

And I guess I should probably maybe give you a download link as well. :P

If there's any other questions or comments feel free. Specifically I think people might like to see more options in the preferences but I wasn't sure what all to include there.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the plugin. Thanks again to Rick for the idea.

Oh, and speaking of Rick's idea...there's currently no "Sticky" functionality but that would be understandably beneficial. I suppose I could maybe do something using the MoveScriptAndHeaderUp method...but then again...I don't think there's currently any way to tell if a new script has been added or if the order has been changed...so maybe not. But I could look into it. :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk