Slower Mouse Movement

Started by edmundito, Wed 13/07/2005 22:14:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Knox

Ive got the same problem...I really hope there is some kind of way of having mouse settings in AGS that people can fiddle with.

My mouse is also a gaming mouse and it "jams" sometimes, and the speed/acc is kinda of whacky sometimes.
--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Gilbert

Quote from: Pumaman on Sun 09/05/2010 12:42:13
but this doens't happen with a tablet.

As far as I remember, someone mentioned that tablet drivers usually use the full desktop resolution regardless of what fullscreen resolution an app. is using, so running the game windowed or if possible, set the desktop resolution to match the game's one may help (not tested).

Edit: Oh, that someone was me.  :-[

GarageGothic

Correct, it works fine when run in a window as any other application, even when scaled. It's the full-screen mode that funks things up. Strange though, I haven't had these problems in other full-screen games (Emerald City Confidential for instance works fine - not sure what engine they used, think it's PlayFirst's own). Maybe it's an Allegro thing. If I get time this week I'll play around a bit with the Allegro mouse handler code and see if I can reproduce it in a non-AGS program.

Knox

It seems for me I only get those mouse problems when playing in fullscreen...windowed its fine so far.
--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Codex

So I finally had time to troubleshoot (two hours worth! ::) )!

If your gaming mouse has a resident program, make sure you check to see what your DPI, reports-per-second and Acceleration settings are.  My mouse had been set to report 1000/sec!  A normal PS/2 mouse reports 125/sec.  When I changed this my problem went away instantly in all modes of viewing, be it full-screen or windowed.

Hope this helps!  :D

Pumaman

With the tablet, do you also get strange behaviour with other full-screen games, or is it only AGS games that have this problem?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk