Absent: Part I - Innocent Until Proven Guilty (bug fixed and installer removed)

Started by FNGames, Sun 19/09/2010 17:10:49

Previous topic - Next topic

FNGames

Ok...drumroll please...
...no?

Ok, then.

Absent: Part I - Innocent Until Proven Guilty

Absent is a story which follows the character of young-adult and college student, Murray Schull. He and his two best friends, Eve and Steve, attend a college in which students are disappearing daily. It's up to them to find out how this is happening, why this is happening, protect their other friends, and to put a stop to it once and for all.

These series of events began when Crystal, a three month girlfriend of Murray's friend, Steve, disappeared on her way home from college via mysterious means. Over the course of the investigation, however, Murray realises that what stole Steve's girlfriend was not anything of this earth. Murray is haunted by visions, confronted with puzzles, with friends turning against each other, and all for one reason. The Reaper.

Features
-A three part epic-story released in parts over three months.
-A point/click, easy to use interface.
-Approximately ten NPC's to interact with in this first episode alone.
-A completely original story with original art, music and characters created by...yours truly!  ;)
-A game so varied, I flipped a three sided coin to choose it's genre!
-It's completely free!

Here's a couple of screencaps:

And a few notes...
I've been on this forum before under a different username, and I've been trying to create an adventure game since approximately late 2005. After a while, I realised I'd set myself too high, so I took a break for a little while. And I must say...returning to your old work really makes you realise your previous problems.
This series is scheduled for a monthly release for each part, but expect this to vary slightly at times given the potential upcoming busy-ness of my schecule!  :)

Download Absent 101: Innocent Until Proven Guilty for FREE:
http://shutupload.com/dl/642d4441e884/

Visit the game's page HERE:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1358

Not convinced yet? Watch a short video documenting the individual aspects of the game HERE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7TbeLGg6Ho

Have fun guys! I've been working on this episode, and bits and pieces of the other two, for the majority of the summer, so it feels good to finally have a game out there that I can call mine.

Enjoy!

-James

:)

Dualnames

I'd prefer Shutupload to 4dshared any day. And since there were no limitations on the readme, I uploaded the game there as a rar reducing the size as well from 16.5 to 15.

Most people, concerning IndieGames prefer a rar than a setup any given day.
Anyhow, here it is.

http://shutupload.com/dl/ad1ec9383d08/
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

FNGames

Hey, thanks!
I've added the download link onto the game's main page.
If for any reason I need to patch the game, I'll only upload to that site from now on.
:)

cianty

I was checking the downloads for a non-Setup file and then read Dualname's comment..

Alright. Let's check it out now...
ca. 70% completed

FNGames

Ok guys, just bumping this thread because I've fixed a bug found by Quincy (and which others may have spotted since it's fairly easy to discover), and I've also removed the installer (cuts down a megabyte and a half). So if you haven't finished (or started) the game yet, delete your last copy and download this one instead!

http://shutupload.com/dl/642d4441e884/

And stay tuned to the forum, I'll be posting a development thread of future episodes soon!

-James

cianty

Unless the bug prevents me from progressing I rather keep my save game and try to complete it. :)
I am stuck though...
ca. 70% completed

FNGames

The bug I fixed in this update actually doesn't stop you from progressing, it just...solves you a puzzle too early.
:P

piperhcombs

Quote from: fentonfilmgames on Fri 24/09/2010 11:38:30
The bug I fixed in this update actually doesn't stop you from progressing, it just...solves you a puzzle too early.
:P

Is that the bug where if:
Spoiler
you use the battery on Crystal's phone before you got Grant's phone, it'll still let you see and interact with both phones?

I got that bug. I didn't really even realize it until I got Grant's phone from his friend and suddenly realized I had already looked through his phone and compared it to Crystal's.
[close]
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

FNGames

Yep, that's the one.  ;) It used to be triggered by trying to reach into Lloyd's pocket (there was originally not going to be a puzzle there, Murray would've just reached in and grabbed the phone) and I just forgot to take out the line that turns the phone on at the other screen. I just never noticed it because I stopped trying to reach into Lloyd's pocked on beta testing after I got the idea of what it'd do. As I said, it's been fixed in the new download.

Good to see this is the only bug people have found so far, and good to see it's doing well amongst those that have played it.

Thanks for the graphics comment by the way, I'm hoping the rest of the episodes improve as they go on.

Igor Hardy

Cool game. Very impressive that you did it all by yourself.

I left a more "in-depth" comment under the database entry.

Shadow1000

I enjoyed the game very much. The puzzles were completely logical and the game flowed well. Nice graphics and animation. There was a lot of attention to detail giving the game a polished feel.

It feels like the story is just starting and things are about to get interesting...I hope the sequel is as good!

Cheers

SHADOW

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk