Primordia

Started by Pinback, Fri 24/09/2010 19:45:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Sslaxx

That first post says you're still offering this as freeware...
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

theo

I'm just droppin' a line to say I'm using the new poster as a desktop wallpaper - it's absolutely gorgeous.

Keep up the great work, guys!

Rocchinator

WOW! I love it! :)

edit by Darth - removed quote, no need to quote the entire original post WITH images!

Peder 🚀

So is this game still gonna be freeware or not?
The game looks absolutely stunning and I can't wait for the release!

Since I tend to fail funding my own projects and getting nowhere with them, expect a generous donation coming your way sometime close to mid July ;). I seem to be better at that ;P.

Takyon

This game has blown my head off, can't wait!
ghost.

Peder 🚀

Peder Johnsen donates some monies for an awesome game!

Pinback

Quote from: PE3dE3r JohnsE3n on Mon 04/07/2011 08:26:50
Peder Johnsen donates some monies for an awesome game!

Thanks, Peder!

While I can't confirm right now whether Primordia will be going commercial or not, it is being seriously considered right now.

Thanks for your patience with updates everyone - the wait should be worth it as we have a lot to show off, and will do so quite soon... ish :D

I can, however, confirm our official cover art for Primordia.

:P

Ali

Igor Hardy

Hey, did Dualnames choose the cover art? ;)

Pinback

Quote from: AGScovE3l on Mon 04/07/2011 11:01:26
Hey, did Dualnames choose the cover art? ;)

Yeah, you guys can thank/blame Duals for this - on a side note I do both quite frequently for a variety of reasons:)

Sughly

Hahaha! Nice. Looking forward to seeing more!

Dualnames

I honestly randomly said something like "I'd love a cover of primordia as a spoof of Brazil" only hoping to get a semi-positive answer.

Then Victor, as God himself would do, said.

O.K.

And the next day he made my day, like God would. And then he rested.  :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Dave Gilbert

[edit - dang it, Sslaxx! You beat me too it. :p]

Been ages since this thread was updated, but I figured I'd pop in to say that this game is still being worked on and being published under the WEG label.  Victor (Pinback), Jim (Dualnames) and Mark Yohalem (who's not on this forum, I think) have really been working hard and the game is almost fully playable.  We are aiming for a Fall release. Say, October-ish.

I'm not exactly unbiased, but this game is really something special. Bleak and beautiful all at the same time. And the soundtrack composed by Nate Chambers of Bubble Pipe Media has been beyond sublime (samples here).

Right now we're in the midst of finishing up and promoting Resonance, but once that's finished you'll be hearing a lot more about Primordia. So stay tuned!

edit: and yes, for all of those who donated money on Pinback's site we will honor all the deals made.

Peder 🚀

Great to hear some news about this again! :).

Congrats Dave on getting yet another awesome looking game under the Wadjet Eye Games name!

Darth Mandarb

Great to hear.  However, this thread was almost a full-year dead. 

SSlaxx, please do not do that again.  It's up to the author (or team members) to update the thread (no matter the circumstances).

Ilyich

Splendid news! I was really looking forward to this project for a while now (dark art-nouveau-esque post-apocalyptic steampunk retro point-and-click adventure? I mean, really!), and was beginning to worry it will be in development forever. Well, now that WEG are onboard I can finally learn to stop worrying and love Primordia, thanks! :)

Tabata

wonderful news  :cheesy:

Pinback

My god, it's been so long since my last update! Here's a painting of Crispin getting peeved. Welp, see you guys in a year or so!

Seriously though, yeah, as Dave mentioned we're now under the Wadjet Eye Games umbrella. I know some people might feel a bit cheated that it won't be freeware - but the freeware Primordia was a very different game - one I thought I'd just churn out in about 4 months... My gods has it been almost 2 years?! Whew. Freaking out a bit here, my apologies.
But yeah, Primordia really developed into a much vaster project than I ever imagined. A lot of my older graphics have been replaced or updated*, and feature creep, while held mostly at bay with a whip and flaming torch, has left it's wonderful, frustrating footprint everywhere. The game has triple the number of rooms I had originally planned for, and there isn't much if any, filler. Oh, as a side note I wanted an endless desert so we could boast infinite rooms, but Mark wouldn't let me do it:P I jest though, he's really been the voice of reason in our team. I'm usually on another planet, and Dualnames, as we all know, is bat-squeek insane:D
Also, as Dave said; Composer Nathan Chambers has taken over Mark 'm0ds' Lovegrove role as our chief musician/sound engineer guy. It wasn't an easy decision to make, as I think very highly of m0ds work, but Nathan is doing an excellent job and really helps cultivate the dark soundscape we were going for.

Welp, I've got some glowing vacuum tube cathodes to animate, I'll check in again soon:)

* Here's probably the best example of some stuff that didn't make the cut - the old Horatio sprite. Here's versions 1-3. Version zero was just a box on wheels, but that file is lost to the mists of time now... My Primordia archive has over 8200 files - some stuff just gets lost, never to be seen again. The latest (and current) version can be blamed on - I mean, you can thank Dave Gilbert for that one :)

Ghost

Take my money! But lemme play soon!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk