Next to Evil [MAGS]

Started by joelphilippage, Fri 01/10/2010 04:46:01

Previous topic - Next topic

joelphilippage

Next to Evil

Duet is a woman with a strange talent. She is also a member of the most powerful family in the world. When she sees that her family causes destruction to the empire and a strange veiled woman gives her the opportunity to betray her family, she must decide if starting a revolution is really what she wants.

Download Here

Anian

- Duets portrait worked out fine in the end
- one thing that bothers me is the square border (or cutting off) around the dialog portraits of characters (like in the screenshot), just looks a bit wierd
- I see you brought in the character from the last MAGS, nice  ;D
I don't want the world, I just want your half

arj0n

Quote from: anian on Sat 02/10/2010 12:02:34
- I see you brought in the character from the last MAGS, nice  ;D
OROW VI ;)

Cute little game Joel, reminded me of the original versions of the first 2 King's Quests.
Nostalgic memories... :)

mode7

I very much enjoyed this game. The music and visuals created a very good mood. Interesting characters and some creative puzzle design.

Monsieur OUXX

Really enjoyed the game. Very immersive, very consistent and good-taste graphics (only the wizard looks a bit cartoony/manga).

<critics>
The dialogs would benefit or a higher level of language (they're supposed to be princes and princesses but they sometimes speak like "cool teenagers", and the dialogs are a bit simplistic).
Also, the music was not great compared to the rest. I've seen in the credits that it was a rip from a video game.
</critics>

<bug tracking>
I've noticed a little mistake in the dialogs : Somewhere in the first dialog tree of the Wizard, Duet says "what's you're name" instead of "what's your name"
</bug tracking>

Apart from those tiny details, great game. Players won't spend much time on it (super simple puzzles), but very original and very cool.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk