invalid script name [SOLVED]

Started by Matti, Mon 01/11/2010 20:12:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Matti

I opened one of my games the first time after quite a few months and got this error message:

Quote from: Adventure Game Studio
An error occurred whilst trying to load your game. The error was:

Invalid script name; name must only include letters, numbers and underscores: EXPLO_groß

If you cannot resolve the error, please post on the AGS Technical Forum for assistance.

I don't recall changing anything the last time I had the game open.. so maybe the newest AGS version has a problem with "ß"? The problem is that I can't open it anymore..

Wyz

Maybe your explosion is too big :D

No really, I remember a while back someone had the same problem, CJ removes extended ascii support in the file names for some reason. I don't know if there is a fix, be you could try to rename the file.
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Matti

Quote from: Wyz on Mon 01/11/2010 21:24:29
Maybe your explosion is too big :D

Haha, maybe  ;D

I don't know if there is a fix, be you could try to rename the file.

There is no file with that name and I don't know where I used that name. As I said I can't open the game anymore and thus can't change any name..

tzachs

There are probably easier solutions, but here's one thing you can try:
1. Backup your game.
2. Download the source code of the editor, go to Utilities.cs, comment line 82, compile & run it.
3. The game will hopefully load fine, rename the bad script and save.
4. Now open it with the official version.

Matti

Thanks, I'll try that out.

FSi++

Or you can just batch replace EXPLO_groß with EXPLO_gross in the XML file. With any text editor that could handle it. Better do your backups before though.

Matti

Many thanks, FSi, it works like a charm! I was a bit lost using the visual c thingy anyway..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk