Echoes of Terra

Started by Wolfmage, Mon 08/11/2010 11:51:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfmage

Hello everyone! I registered years ago with some thoughts for a game but then disappeared. Well, I'm back and the good news is that there is actually a game!

Darkdawn - Echoes of Terra

The Story

Earth is gone. The Terran Empire has fallen, destroyed by a mysterious alien race. 800 years later you, an Erudite Seeker, search the stars looking for clues about your ancestors, hoping to reclaim humanity's lost legacy. Now you've found a small, long-dead outpost that once belonged to the Empire... but you quickly realize you're not the only one interested in its secrets.  

Echoes of Terra is a short (5-room) sci-fi adventure. Its being produced for a class and I'm swiftly approaching my deadline, so comments and suggestions wanted! I realize this isn't the forum for it though so I'm linking to a thread HERE. Please, I need playtesters!

Some screenshots:

Backgrounds and most art is 90% complete
Game is playable start to finish.
Interface art is like at 70%, need to work on text and text boxes
Sprites are like 2% done and are what I'll be concentrating on this week.

I'll be making a project page on my website soon and there will be daily builds for playtesting until the game's due date on Nov. 18th; the first playable build will go on the linked playtest thread right now.

Thanks, and thanks to everyone who posts answers here in the forums. I haven't had a single question that hasn't been politely answered to someone else already! AGS is a wonderful engine with an amazing community.

UPDATE: Close, Sslaxx... dunno how you found that html but its project1.php that I'm using :p

But yes, heres the proper Project page.

Sslaxx

By the way, screenshots means pictures of the game being played.

You should also update http://www.wolfmage.com/project1.html too, no?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

david

I am eagerly waiting for your first game  ;D
good luck with finishing it
hope it will be published soon   ;)

CaptainD

I like both the plot and your graphical style, so definitely looking forward to it.  ;D

Dualnames

Looks  really nice. The graphics have a nice art style! When is your deadline dare I ask? (18th of November?)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Wolfmage

Sslaxx, thanks a ton or taking care of the screenshots for me! (and thanks to the mods for editing them into my post!)

Captaind and Dualnames, I'm glad you like the art style! Even after Im done with the game I'll be creating more artwork based on the same universe.

And yes, my deadline is November 18th. I doubt I'll be getting a lot of sleep.

I just updated the test version with new graphics for the final puzzle, which just leaves one minor background to finish (hopefully will get to it during the day today).

Tabata

Hi Wolfmage,

looks interesting.

I downloaded it but every time, when
Spoiler

I try to connect te cable to the generator
[close]
the game crashes.

Maybe the message helps to analyse the error:
„Error: Unable to render character 1 (Dr. Landri) because loop 2 does not exist in view 12.“

Good luck with your game and for to complete it until November 18th!

Tabata

Wolfmage

Tabata, I have not been able to replicate the error, but I will poke around the code in that section and see if I can figure out what happened.

Wolfmage

Hey guys, sorry I disappeared. I turned in "enough" of the game to do well enough in the class, and since then progress has slowed but not stopped. I'll be putting up a new version with comprehensive updates and fixes soon. Right now I'm gonna make sure some animation are working, then I'm going to go room by room tightening up the text and fixing what minor bugs are left.

Wolfmage

And its up!

http://www.wolfmage.com/project1.php

Unless anyone finds any major problems I'll be calling it done and moving it to release this week.

CaptainD

Game crashed when I crawled into the maintenance shaft.  (Will check the error code when I'm back to my own computer.)  :'(

Quote from: Wolfmage on Mon 29/11/2010 15:57:51
And its up!

http://www.wolfmage.com/project1.php

Unless anyone finds any major problems I'll be calling it done and moving it to release this week.

Wolfmage

Huh, please do send me the error code so I can try to replicate it. If you use the interact (hand) Icon it shouldn't happen though. A lot of people asked that I allow "walk" on the shaft and its causing some issues.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk