Intro

Started by LupaShiva, Mon 27/12/2010 20:16:30

Previous topic - Next topic

LupaShiva

Hi i'm creating the intro of my game but i´m getting stuck, i really don´t know exactly how i do it, i wanted to create a image in the background that zoomed out and spins slowly at the same time, and a image that zoom out and spins to the center of the screen in spiral, but that started out of the screen, how u suggest doing this? a room with an empty background and the images as sprites and make em move like characters? or load the images and just make em move? and how i zoom in and out? and the spiral? sorry but i really dont know how to start, its my first game and dont know how to create an intro and already did 2 tutorials about intros.

Thank you

Baron

If you aren't going to use the spinning pictures elsewhere in the game, I'd make everything into room objects.  The spinning effect is only possible in AGS if you import a whack of sprites each at a different angle, and then string them together as a view to animate the object.  Zooming in and out is possible using scaling (although that might only apply to characters so read up on it in the manual before making everything into objects and then cursing me  :) ).  It might look a little funny since it's only an algorithm: to keep the details as you want them you might choose to draw different sized sprites and then achieve the zoom effect through animation as well.

Khris

It's possible to rotate and scale DynamicSprites.

I'd RawDraw everything. Basically you increase the angle and change the center position every game loop, then load the sprite into a DynamicSprite, rotate and scale it and draw it to the calculated position (rotating a sprite will increase the width and height).

Explaining all of it takes more then a few sentences and it's late here. I might post example code tomorrow if nobody else did in the meantime.

Gilbert

It's not really hard (just check the script of Room 1 and that's ALL; I'm not sure whether not disposing the DynamicSprites made in the process would cause memory leak but I'll just skip that for ease of presentation), but still, it can be a bit on the complicated side for inexperienced users, and it may take a while to figure out the details. I'm not sure whether there're some kind people who had released modules that may make this more straight forward though.

LupaShiva

Thank you all for the help actually im still trying to do it but its hard  :( im new to AGS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk