Sophie Malone and the Unholy Legion - New Screenies.

Started by Antipas, Wed 26/01/2011 22:11:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Antipas

Hi all,

I've been lurking on the forums for a while and messing about with AGS, making little games for my own amusement. I'm currently working on a much more ambitious project, the first I want to share with the wider world. I'll make the demo available, along with screenshots etc. - please, if you like the sound of it, have a go and let me know what you think!

STORY -

LA girl Sophie Malone is unexpectedly called to Ireland after the death of her estranged brother Ben, a Catholic priest. She soon discovers that his death was not as straightforward as it at first seems, so she determines to find out the real story. Soon she is in deep over her head, and what starts out as a simple quest for the truth becomes a frantic race against time to thwart a global conspiracy involving a sinister religious order, an ancient Jewish myth and a lost artifact of immense supernatural power. Follow Sophie as she embarks on a gripping and unsettling continent-spanning adventure. Can she avenge her dead brother and, in the process, save the world from forces of unspeakable darkness?

SCREENSHOTS :

DEMO FEATURES:

- Over 20 rooms to explore, in two intriguing European locations.
- A feisty and likeable (and pretty damn hot) heroine.
- A memorable supporting cast.
- Pre-rendered 3D graphics.
- An immersive and largely original soundtrack.
- A compelling narrative arc, drawing on extensively researched real-world historical mysteries.

Total Game Progress:

- Story : 100%
- Graphics: 75%
- Puzzles: 50%
- Sound and Music: 25%.

The demo can be downloaded from here: -

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=7N1LPBS6

Antipas.

Matti

Quote from: Antipas on Wed 26/01/2011 22:11:19
Right, I'm off to try and figure out how to upload my demo to the AGS site. Hopefully there will shortly be a demo available for download.

You can't upload the game "to the AGS site", but you can provide us with a link to your game on some file hosting site (like zshare, shutupload, megaupload etc.).

Antipas

Thanks Matti, I completely misunderstood how the system worked! I've set up a Megaupload account, and put the link in the original post, so fingers crossed people should beable to access the demo!

Antipas.

neon

No, the link is wrong. This is the right one:

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=7N1LPBS6

And maybe it would be a good idea to pack all your files into a zip or rar file, so that people just have to download 1 file instead of 3. It would also decrease download size from 28 to 22 MB.

Antipas

Hey Neon,

Thanks for the pointers. I've fixed the link and uploaded the whole thing as a ZIP file.

Apologies for my ineptness, everybody, it should all be accessible and user-friendly now!

Tabata

Hello Antipas,

it was/is an interesting story and I'm looking forward to this.

May I suggest, to select a different font for the Esoterica- label (third screenshot)? It is difficult to read.

I still have one question left:
Spoiler
Did you simply forget to give Mrs. Lennon trousers, or is it a „very“ special hotel?  :D
[close]

Antipas

Hi Tabata,

Glad you enjoyed it. As for your other comment, she actually does have trousers on, but I never realised quite how similar their colour is to her skin tone!!!! I'll be changing THAt texture before I put out the finished version!

Antipas

For the benefit of this game's small but elite following, here's an update and some new screenies. The whole thing's about 75% done now, and I've made a few tweaks to the parts of the game covered in the demo. A little taste of the later stages follows.

An Arab market:

More Arab market:

Buried Templar chamber:

As you can see, I'm still no graphics virtuoso, but they're getting a bit better (remember this is a first AGS game!)

Anian

Well it seems you're getting better with backgrounds, although you should really keep the ratio of sizes of objects and characters and I suggest you try out one of the free renderers for SketchUp.
Otherwise, the story seems interesting, good luck.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

mode7

The arab market scene seems not to be rendered. It could look really great if you render it.
Theres a great freeware renderer for sketchup called Kerkythea. You might want to give it a try.

Antipas

anian and mode 7 -

Thanks for the helpful comments, guys, I'm always really happy to pick up tips, the whole thing is a learning process for me. I'll check out the Sketchup renderer right away.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk