Background Blitz - High up! - (08/02 - 25/02) WINNER ANNOUNCED

Started by Daniel Thomas, Tue 08/02/2011 08:51:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Thomas

Topic: High up
Description: A location placed somewhere high up in the sky/space or what ever is high up in the world you create. It can be inside or outside location, it can be a mega structure or a small cave etc.

Techincal Restriction: AGS compatible

Voting: starts 25th of January, unless someone wants extension.

Have fun!
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Misj'

Quote from: zyndikate on Tue 08/02/2011 08:51:07Description: A location placed somewhere high up in the sky/space or what ever is high up in the world you create. It can be inside or outside location, it can be a mega structure or a small cave etc.
So...basically all the rough sketches I did for the previous Blitz - which (if I had the time) was going to be the abandoned pantheon of the Greek gods on top op Mount Olympus - are still go. What are the odds. :)

oraxon

Inspired by Mad's amusement park last time.

The Ferris wheel suddenly stops. Your date turns to you and says, "We should have that conversation now."

Tabata

Quote from: Misj' on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:32
Quote from: zyndikate on Tue 08/02/2011 08:51:07Description: A location placed somewhere high up in the sky/space or what ever is high up in the world you create. It can be inside or outside location, it can be a mega structure or a small cave etc.
So...basically all the rough sketches I did for the previous Blitz - which (if I had the time) was going to be the abandoned pantheon of the Greek gods on top op Mount Olympus - are still go. What are the odds. :)

I vote for it!
Others may have done scetches, too, but didn't share it with the community. It shouldn't be of disadvantage, showing scetches to us before.

... and I really would love to see this bg done  :D

Ilyich

oraxon, that's great! Love the ambience and DOF effect. Quite unusual for a background, but it could've been a great scene in a game.

Will try to enter this one, like the theme.

oraxon

Thanks, Ilyich! Looking forward to voting for your entry. ( or Misj's or Tabata's, this should be a fun month. )

Mad

No, it's not steam-punk, it's peddle-punk!

A pre-historical society cranking up their pyramids (and themselves up in lifts), trying to be as near to the gods as possible!

Mordalles

new entry:

cleaned up a bit, kept high res. still missing the planned dead corpses.  ::)

old "concept entry".

a very rough infected space ship interior, looking down on earth. i wanted to add lots of stuff and refine a bit, but decided just to post to low res version as is. and try again next time.  :)

edit:thanks, Ilyich! your background looks stunning, btw!  :o
edit:imageshack seems to be giving problems?

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Ilyich

Mordalles, that's great! You've oversized it a little, but the non-scaled version looks splendid!

Mad, interesting stuff, I like the concept!

Mine didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to, probably due to poor composition, but, nevertheless, here it goes:

An office at the top floor of the Victoria Heights building in New Brussels, year 1919 in an alternative universe. Heavily inspired by architecture of Victor Horta. Obligatory retro-futuristic zeppelin outside the window is not included.

Kweepa

Quote from: Ilyich on Tue 22/02/2011 02:48:08
Obligatory retro-futuristic zeppelin outside the window is not included.
But... but... it's obligatory! :(

Awesome to see Mordalles posting!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

movti

Quote from: Ilyich on Tue 22/02/2011 02:48:08
Mine didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to, probably due to poor composition, but, nevertheless, here it goes:

An office at the top floor of the Victoria Heights building in New Brussels, year 1919 in an alternative universe. Heavily inspired by architecture of Victor Horta. Obligatory retro-futuristic zeppelin outside the window is not included.
really can't see any bad composition here.
in fact, the moment i saw this picture i wanted to live in that universe :(
beautiful atmosphere!

cat

Ilyich, this is beautiful! My only complain is, if I was living there, I'd definitely turn the sofa around to look out of the window.

Cuiki

Quote from: zyndikate on Tue 08/02/2011 08:51:07
Voting: starts 22th of January, unless someone wants extension.

I'm a bit confused... you mean 22th of February? So..today's the day? I started something, but it's still far from finished. Kinda thought it would be until 25th. :-\ If you're willing to grant a little extension, I'll probably have something ready by then.

Great entries, everyone! It's gonna be a tough one to vote.
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Misj'

Quote from: Cuiki on Tue 22/02/2011 19:50:13I'm a bit confused... you mean 22th of February? So..today's the day? I started something, but it's still far from finished. Kinda thought it would be until 25th. :-\
Hmm...I thought the same thing...but too many - unfortunately more important things - would have kept me from entering a final piece even before the 25th. I just don't have time to sit down and really draw (I currently do most of my sketches during (completely unrelated) work-meetings)...

I will post a few sketches shortly though, just to give an impression of where I was going, and how I thought about the background.

Vukul

I'm sort of ashamed to place this entry here, along with Mordalles's and Ilyich's, but still...

A mini-golf site on the roof

"...Mr.Johnson liked those 'trips' outside with his companion Harrieth, a chief manager of H&J Company. It felt like you were on the top of the world - literally and metaphorically speaking. But today it looked like raining since morning. Not the cause why Mr.Johnson wasn't here, though... But why wasn't he there?.."

Daniel Thomas

Sorry for the confusion, the voting starts the 25th.
Great entries so far guys!

Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

CaptainD

I'm constantly amazed at the sheer amount of talent there is in the AGS community.  Some amazing pics here already!

loominous

Not much room for walking, but there ought to be quite a few puzzle opportunities.

Looking for a writer

Sughly

Haha, so good loominous. When are you gonna make a damn game already.

Cuiki

An island up in the clouds. It's some kind of a trippy chill-out area.. or, at least it's supposed to be. :-\

Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk