[MAGS] A simple fix

Started by vertigoaddict, Thu 30/06/2011 19:38:18

Previous topic - Next topic

vertigoaddict

A simple fix

A crow listens to the story of an unfortunate doll, feeling sympathy, he decides to help her out.

You can download it here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1447

I personally feel that it is important for you to read the README.txt file, really just for the instructions on how to navigate and combine items.

I have recently found out that you can also use the arrow keys, this was not intentional. I guess it was from the defaut game template and I just over-looked it, but it doesn't cause any problems really.

The video that plays at the begining is my 'company logo'. The visuals do not show up in full screen unfortunately, probably something to do with the integers. Nevertheless it's not too important, and does not stop a player from completing the game itself. If you are in a curious mood and would like to watch the video, it's in the folder (it's like 5 seconds though).

If you enjoyed this game please vote

If you didn't like something about this game, tell me so that I may take it in and possibly improve on my future games.

Thank you for your time.

Tabata

A wonderful little game with a cute story.
I like the different point of view while acting as a bird and the nice animation you did for it. 

Good work!

TheRoger

Finished this game, WITHOUT walkthrough, lol.

I don't think I ever played game as a bird (no more "I can't reach it."), so thumbs up for idea. Inventory was pretty, and knock-knock joke was good, the end of it I mean.

In overall, I liked it, it wasn't TOO hard, and it has WAY less bugs than my stuff X.X

vertigoaddict

Thanks for the compliments guys  ;D

@Tabata That emoticon is cute! *grabs*.

@TheRoger I'm glad you enjoyed it (and finally someone mentions the inventory = D thank you), although I'm sure there was another AGS game where you play as a bird, but I just can't seem to remember the title.

EDIT: It's 'Dinner for pigeons'

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=43302.0

Ponch

Liked it quite a bit. Nice little story. However, if someone had mentioned the trick with the arrow keys, I'd still be stuck in the bedroom and I would have never found the sandbox.

vertigoaddict

The readme and the in-game instructions point out that you can click the middle mouse button to navigate, I just don't really see how people would get stuck if they've read them...then again, I guess if your mouse doesn't have a middle button, that would be a problem, was this the case  ???

[EDIT:] I think in future games I'll make it an 'interact and walk' only cursor. Less is more they say = )

Ponch

Quote from: vertigoaddict on Mon 04/07/2011 03:03:35
then again, I guess if your mouse doesn't have a middle button, that would be a problem, was this the case  ???

That was indeed the case. I have a mouse with three buttons, but it's in a drawer somewhere. The one I'm using now just has two buttons and a scroll wheel. But it fits my hand perfectly, so I use it all the time.  8)

Buckethead

Can't you use scroll wheel as middle mouse?

vertigoaddict

That thing in the middle of the mouse that rolls around? That's a scroll wheel? I had no idea what it's called so I just call it a 'middle button' (the scripting calls it that anyways).

So... or am I mistaken? =/

Tabata

I think you are talking about the same thing, because my mouse has a little wheel for scrolling, too (and pressing it did the job very well for me).   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk