A Night At Camp Ravenwood

Started by Secret Fawful, Wed 09/03/2011 03:29:20

Previous topic - Next topic

AGD2

Can't go wrong with a good horror/zombie/survival/adventure game. This looks like it's going to be rather excellent!

qptain Nemo

Love at first screenshot! Totally looking forward to it!

monkey0506

Quote from: AGD2 on Thu 10/03/2011 04:05:44
Can't go wrong with a good horror/zombie/survival/adventure game. This looks like it's going to be rather excellent!

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey..hey.

Hey.

Hey.

Hey.

Nobody said anything about zombies. This game does not feature zombies. AT ALL. NO ZOMBIES. AT ALL. UNDERSTAND? :=

Secret Fawful

Quote from: Armageddon on Thu 10/03/2011 02:52:04
I looked at the shots again, did you do all this from scratch? It looks exactly like Monkey island everywhere.
It's all from scratch. Outside of following a really similar style, which is due to the fact that this game is part homage, there isn't anything in the game that is taken from or even intentionally referencing to Monkey Island. I really want this to be it's own game, and not bogged down by constant winks and nudges. There will be some winks and nudges, but very sparingly overall.

Also, because I know someone will bring this up eventually, the campfire scene isn't a reference to Monkey Island 2. I can't see a game about a camp without campfires and campfire stories, so I just decided to bite the bullet of unoriginality and go for it.  :D

Chicky

Lovely, looks like a winner! All the backgrounds are grade-A awesome  :=

Is that Amadeus in your new avatar fawful?

Ponch

Wow. Somebody set the nostalgia ray on full blast! This looks very, very cool. Hope to play this one by the time Halloween comes around.

cianty

God, I get so excited every time I see these screenshots - and I come back here A LOT! Seriously, this is amongst my top most awaited AGS games. Hurry up, man! :)
ca. 70% completed

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

QuoteAlso, because I know someone will bring this up eventually, the campfire scene isn't a reference to Monkey Island 2. I can't see a game about a camp without campfires and campfire stories, so I just decided to bite the bullet of unoriginality and go for it.

Wow.  Guess I shouldn't mention how much like Wally that kid on the far right looks, then ^_^.

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Secret Fawful

Quote from: Chicky on Thu 10/03/2011 17:49:22Is that Amadeus in your new avatar fawful?

Haha, yup! Nice catch.

Quote from: ProgZmax on Fri 11/03/2011 07:13:03
Wow.  Guess I shouldn't mention how much like Wally that kid on the far right looks, then ^_^.

He does? Let me compare them.....uh wow...you're right. He kind of does!

That's it, there's too much homaging going on in this game! The game is canceled!

Spoiler
Okay, the game isn't really canceled.
[close]

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 11/03/2011 07:22:39
That's a woman.

Nope. Although he might as well be. In order to help clear this up, I updated the first post to talk about some of the characters.

arj0n

wow, Germy has extreme wide pants, he sure can carry enough inventory items in it ;)

ZapZap

"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

theo

Nice! I really like the overall style, good job.

Best of luck!

monkey0506

Quote from: Secret Fawful on Fri 11/03/2011 09:36:32
Quote from: ProgZmax on Fri 11/03/2011 07:13:03
Wow.  Guess I shouldn't mention how much like Wally that kid on the far right looks, then ^_^.

He does? Let me compare them.....uh wow...you're right. He kind of does!

Yeah..a character with red-hair and below average vision. It could only be Wally. :P

Takyon

Is that Fred from Scooby Doo lol?

Looks like a great atmospheric game, good luck with this!
ghost.

Cyrus

It actually reminds me a lot of Goosebumps, especially Give Yourself Goosebumps series. Will it have one ending or more?
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpYyN7BUfrskoN38qwBQdhomnoUuchx7TMxC-sfXg8o0Xcq4PsHw
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrIPyduuoRZFpGVsnz6qzMykw5Jbs7dwxScgcz7wDcNUJAZLv5Bw

edit by Darth - non-related images removed/changed to links

Secret Fawful

Quote from: Cyrus on Sat 12/03/2011 17:05:55
Will it have one ending or more?

At this stage, I'm definitely planning multiple endings of a sort.

And again, I really do appreciate all the nice comments, guys! Anyway, back to work for me.

Cyrus

So it'll be Choose Your Own Adventure style?

Secret Fawful

Aren't all adventure games Choose Your Own Adventures?

I'm a fan of not knowing everything before playing a game, and giving away how endings are handled and such is getting a little too deep into spoiling the game for others. I'm also going to fight walkthroughs on this game as much as possible. I won't mind if people help each other out in the hints forum, but I won't want walkthroughs written for the game. I think walkthroughs ruin the point of a game, and I'm going to stand pretty firm on that point.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk