Background Blitz - Medical Facility (And the winner is...)

Started by Mad, Thu 24/03/2011 10:20:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad

You may create a background depicting any kind of medical facility: a surgery, dentists, any practice or hospital from any cultural background or time period, even scifi or fantasy, and it could be sinister, abandoned, or comical, ...

I guess you get the picture!

There are no size or colour restrictions, but the BG should be compatible with the current AGS version.

Voting will start on April 8th, unless an extension is absolutely required.

Have fun!

Mad

Darn, just had a browse through the old Blitzes and found this from five years ago:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=24273.msg301633#msg301633

If at least some of you aren't bothered and there are a few takers, I'll leave it as it is, otherwise I'll think of something new!!

Ilyich

Well, it was five years ago, so I doubt that anyone will go "What? Again?!" :)
As for entering this one - so far I haven't got any bright ideas, but I'll try to think of something.

WHAM

Just noticed this. I'll be trying to get something small-scale scribbled together by the end of the week. Love the theme, hospitals and medical areas are nice and versatile.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

oraxon

Trying out a new coloring style.

I'm making a game with a hospital sequence, so I was glad to get the push to finish some line art and experiment a bit.

ddq

Quote from: oraxon on Fri 01/04/2011 20:42:09I'm making a game with a hospital sequence, so I was glad to get the push to finish some line art and experiment a bit.
Quote from: oraxon on Fri 01/04/2011 20:42:09I'm making a game with a hospital sequence
Quote from: oraxon on Fri 01/04/2011 20:42:09I'm making a game

:D

Finally! I really love your style and can't wait to see it used in a game.

Ilyich

Nice! Like the colour choices and the new crisp-but-wonky style. And yay for working on a game!

oraxon

thanks ddq, Matti, Ilyich!  "crisp-but-wonky" is now my new description. Sums up my life well.  :)

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Vukul

I've given the theme a bit of thought and came up with this idea:

A field hospital (somewhen near WWII, I guess).

And here's a small mockup of how could it look in an actual game (I was kind of impressed by the entries of the previous contest):

Mad

Great entries so far!

Absolutely love the palette, oraxon.

Nice mockup there, Vukul.

Hope to see some more...

nihilyst

When people get old, they tend to be abandoned by their relatives. Some of them get to live in a run-down retirement home. But the lucky ones spend the rest of their life in the Last Refuge.

2x

Don't have time to finish it. The shadows look like crap, the door's a bit bland, and there's still stuff missing, chairs etc. Anyway, I don't have time to refine it, so here it is.

Man, what should be a nice place to live now looks like a friggin bunker or something. Fail!

Mad

Okay, if anybody is currently working on something and requires a day or so extension, please say so before 12:00 pm CET, otherwise the voting will start from then on.

I guess the voting can last until Sunday, so we can have a new Blitz for the fresh new week!

Snath3000

I couldn't ask for a short extension could I? Mine is taking longer than I thought it would...

Mad

Quote from: Snath3000 on Thu 07/04/2011 10:29:17
I couldn't ask for a short extension could I? Mine is taking longer than I thought it would...

Will a day suffice? If so then consider the deadline postponed until tomorrow 12:00 pm CET.

Snath3000

That would be awesome, thanks! I will try not to disappoint.

Snath3000

Alright, here it is:

I didn't get to add in everything I wanted (such as decent lighting) and the shading is a bit of a mess (partly because of the lack of decent lighting) but it has served well as an exercise in deadlines.

Basically, the idea behind this is that of your basic Medical Practitioner office, however tailored primarily towards the extra terrestrial. I was trying to go with an "everyday situation with some elements that don't fit the norm", along with an "everyday life of creatures" sort of an idea.

Any criticism welcome. Am thinking of posting this in the critics lounge if I get a chance to finish it properly.

Sughly

Haha, awesome alien model. If there's any critique you'd like, the glaringly obvious thing is the fan really - blades need to be much more horizontal to fit into the perspective of the scene. Apart from that it's looking nice!

Snath3000

EXAMINE "PHOTO ON WALL"

You examine the photo on the wall.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk