MODULE: MousePlus v1.0 - Additional mouse functions!

Started by monkey0506, Tue 03/05/2011 03:08:13

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

This one's pretty small for now, so I'll just put a list of the functions this module provides and a brief example of what they're for:

• Mouse.DisableModeEvenOnRoomChange(CursorMode mode)

This function was written specifically in response to the recent thread by Rocco about not being able to properly disable eModeWalkto. Turns out that eModeWalkto (and perhaps some other modes too!) are being automatically restored when the player changes rooms, even if previously disabled with Mouse.DisableMode. The solution is to disable the mode when the room is being loaded. This function will now handle that for you.

• Mouse.IsModeEnabled(CursorMode mode)

There's built-in functions to enable and disable cursor modes, but no built-in function to check the current setting. This function will now let you check that.

• Mouse.IsModeStandard(CursorMode mode)

This lets you check the editor setting for whether or not a specified cursor mode is standard. This is useful because by default the cursor cycling function(s) will only cycle through standard modes. You can't change this setting at run-time, but now you can check it with this function.

• Mouse.SelectPreviousMode()

This function will look through the cursor modes and try to find a previous, enabled, standard cursor mode. It does the opposite function of Mouse.SelectNextMode.

Like I said, it's not a lot of functions. :P It's not like this is the StringPlus module or something!

Anyway, maybe more functions will come later, or maybe not. Hopefully someone will find it useful either way. :) Besides, this is topic 43434..surely that's got to count for something? :=

Download

Rocco

Big thx, i have my own mouse.mode modul now running,
but after the actual MAGS deadline,
we can maybe merge this two and make a modul which can obliterate the downsides of the actual mouse mode handling. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk