How to name a game

Started by WHAM, Tue 26/07/2011 09:38:39

Previous topic - Next topic

InCreator

Use random name generator to get a list of 100 names or so. Then pick few words that sound cool and match together.
And from them, find totally perfect name.

Spoiler
And then google it and find out that there's 100 books, movies and games by that name already
[close]
:P

WHAM

It's always pretty sad to find out a name you thought was awesome, descriptive and fitting is overused even when you had never heard it before.  :(
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Blue

Quote from: anian on Tue 26/07/2011 10:22:46
http://www.seventhsanctum.com  go nuts ;D

I'm also having trouble naming the game I'm currently working on as well as finding names for the characters so this site was just what I was looking for! Thanks  ;D

Chicky

Hmm, i need a name for OROWC. I haven't thought of one yet but it usually comes to me somewhere along the development process. I guess thinking about different structures other projects use for names would be handy. You've got a few types: 'wordy secret of the awesome in-game place' style name, the minimalist 'GAMENAME' title, or a variant 'GAMENAME: Episode 1', then you've got the weird ones like '!' and strange phrases such as 'I swear i didn't eat the kids!'. What else is there?

m0ds

Off Topic, but I'm drunk on boredom - and I noticed Trance-Pacific just reached an awesome number of downloads!
Downloaded:   12345 times (1.2 Mb)

;D

EDIT: Noooooooo! Someone destroyed it! It was never supposed to be downloaded again ever!!!1

QuoteDownloaded:   12346 times (1.2 Mb)

It does however still remind me of a classic Sesame street song.

One two three four five, six seven eight nine ten, eleven, twelve!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk