Far Corners of the World

Started by Cogliostro, Thu 01/09/2011 20:11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogliostro

Okay, can I get a hint about getting the doctors to stop talking about golf?

I've already kluged together the GPS coordinates, though using those on the map or anyone at the museum will NOT let me figure out where those cooridnates point to.

- Cogliostro

"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Dervish

ok to get the Doctors to stop talking is multi layered puzzle So I suppose I will go step by step

Spoiler
First you have to know the Doctors' names so look at both doctors.  One is Doc Hart the other is Doc Miller.
[close]

Spoiler
Then you need to have the Nurse page Doctor Miller.  I think you have to go through some dialog to get to it.  But of course, she won't do it with out having you do a favor for her.
[close]

Spoiler
The nurse wants you to get the lotto numbers for her.  She says they usually show them on TV.  So you need to gain access to the tv.  to do that you need to distract the guy watching the TV with the magazine from your sisters room.
[close]

Spoiler
Make sure to have a pen and paper ready, becuase this is your only chance to get the lotto numbers.  Once you have them go tell the Nurse and she will page the Doc.... Success.... NOOOOO of course the Intercom is busted.
[close]

Spoiler
if you are to lazy to write it down the lotto numbers are 17 26 35 37 40 48.  I am not sure if you can give her the answer without having seen the tv show the numbers.
[close]

Spoiler
I spent a good hour or two thinking ok well obviously I need to fix the intercom, but that is not the answer.  So what you need to do is have the Nurse announce it again this time you can stay in the room while she does it.  So what you need to do is record her with your phone as she says it.
[close]

Spoiler
Once you have gotten that far it should be fairly simple.  Place the phone some place by the intercom where it can be hidden and give yourself a call using the payphone
[close]

Sorry probably more then just a hint I know when I am playing an advenuter game all I need is a little nugget of info to proceed. 

Cogliostro

Okay, trying to break into Club Morello.

Spoiler

Read the newspaper clipping, have one full date, and a year.  Tried all combinations, using the UK and American formats.  None of those dates work on the keypad.
[close]

- Cogliostro

Dervish

I assume you have already gone through the front door?

If not here is how you get into the front door:

Spoiler
You have to have Gwen's Pass... The Chewing Gum... the Cutters...and Your ID
[close]

How to get the Items Listed above

Spoiler
Gwen's Pass- which I think you need just to find the club, but if not here you go.  Gwen's Pass is in the flat so you have to get back into there to do that talk to the nosy neighbor upstairs who tells you that your Sis hid a key find the loose tile and use the tweezers to fish the key out.  Now you can open the door and and Gwen's Pass is sitting on the table.
[close]

Spoiler
The Chewing Gum- Go to the airport and talk to the Tourists from Texas.  After you arange the deal of trading them something for the Gum.  Talk to them again, and they will give you the gum... that puzzle kinda frustrated me becuase why didn't they just give you the gum in the first place?  Anyway then you need to use the Gum on you self to get a piece of chewed Gum.
[close]

Spoiler
The Cutter- Go to the park and see the janitor from the hospital is on his break.  You can then go back and get his Cutter from the unattended toolbox.
[close]

Spoiler
Your ID- It is in your wallet but you should already have it cuase I think you had to show it to the noisy neighbor upstairs.
[close]

Now if you need further help with what to do with the front door...
Spoiler
You might have to hand the bouncer Gwen's ID first that is what I did.  So then the Bouncer rejects it and you have to use the cutters on your ID to get the picture of yourself then use the chewed gum on the photo of yourself finally use the photo of yourself on the pass...tada you have got a fake ID... course I think that guy would lose his job who would fall for a photo stuck onto an ID with bubble gum (well thank goodness he is pretty thick.)
[close]

Ok After all that IF you only need help getting in the Back door here it is...

Spoiler
I don't know that the News Clipping has any point maybe a red herring, not sure.  To Open the Back Door you need a Seven digit Code, so you need to find a string of Seven Digits.  Anyway If you talked to your wife after the first meeting after the airport, she tells you she is good with numbers.  If you notice the arcade machine in the bar has a hiscore menu but the actual game has no score.  That is certainly odd? And the scores are in a weird format...Now I am sure that there is some way to get the correct number out of the list of ten scores but I am no math whiz, so the easiest thing to do is take a picture with your cell phone of the hiscore screen.  Then go to the Hosptial and talk to your wife or fiance? show her the phone.  She will ask if you want to know the number you are looking for. If you say yes she will tell you if you say no she lets you figure it out for yourself. I just say yes... I am not sure if this effects the score or not.
[close]

Dervish

sorry for the second post but I have a seperate question.

Ok, I have my own question...
I am in the Park and trying to wake the dog up.  How do I wake him up?

Spoiler
 I have used the hotdog under the couples bench, and fed the birds up to the point where they are close to the dog.  I try to wake the dog up and that old lady keeps yelling at me to leave her dog alone... so what do I need to do to the dog or to the lady to get that Dog movin?
[close]

Nevermind I figured it out....all I can say is DOH!!!!

Cogliostro

Okay, how do I get the airport to show up on the map?!

- Cogliostro

Nevermind!

EDIT
Spoiler

ARGH!  I ended up restarting the game before I found the stupid GPS.  That gave me the park and the airport.
[close]

Cogliostro

Spoiler
The golden disk is laid out at the apartment.  I got the magnifying glass and used it on the mountain.  I've tried every logical combination I could think of.  Then ran every variation on the inner two rings.  Nothing.
[close]

What do I do now?

- Cogliostro

Wesray

Quote from: Cogliostro on Fri 02/09/2011 17:08:27

The golden disk is laid out at the apartment.  I got the magnifying glass and used it on the mountain.  I've tried every combination I could think of.  Then ran every variation on the inner two rings.  Nothing.  

Now what?

Spoiler

Did you look up the symbol you saw through the magnifying glass in Suzie's book? Any ideas what that could mean in respect to the painting?
[close]

In short
Spoiler

you need to take a look at the back of the canvas!
[close]

Oh, and one note about the lottery numbers... I saw that problem mentioned a few times, but
Spoiler

even if you don't catch the numbers the first time, you can still get them later, by simply looking at the TV - they are displayed at the bottom of the screen until you have solved that puzzle.
[close]
THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

Cogliostro

Okay, new problem

Spoiler

Trying to get the "tile" out of the sewers.  The hooded-person is in EVERY room trying to stop me.  I've wandered aimlessly trying to get back to the room, and got nowhere with that.  So I tried to set a trap, something that might knock him off a bridge and into the sewage when he chases me.  But nothing works on the bridges and nothing works on him.   

BTW Thanks for the hint about the painting.  When I couldn't turn the painting around, I thought I was on the wrong track.
[close]

- Cogliostro

EDIT:

Now that's more like it.  I post the request for information and solve the problems two minutes later.

Spoiler

For those of you looking for the clue... there's only one thing in the whole sewer you can pick up.  You better bring it along.
[close]

Kitty Trouble

Spoiler
My inventory: Cell Phone, wallet, tweezers, photo of sister, ID, bread, cleaner, brush, cordon, pencil.

I have the hospital, museum, and sister's place. I'm at the point where the doctors are still talking, the sister wants money but I don't know my ATM pin, and I assume I have to get that giant bird in the museum to fall but I can't reach the ropes.
[close]

nihilyst

I've read something about going to the airport. But how do I go there? It doesn't seem to be on the map.

Kitty Trouble

Spoiler
never mind you had to use the phone to get the PIN. I thought I tried that before like 5 times and it did nothing...oh well. Maybe you have to use it on the screen with the ATM
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cogliostro on Fri 02/09/2011 13:34:14
Spoiler

ARGH!  I ended up restarting the game before I found the stupid GPS.  That gave me the park and the airport.
[close]

I'm still stuck:

Spoiler
I got the coordinates on the paper but I don't know where to find the GPS. I guessed to use the phone (well, my iPhone has a GPS so it made sense...lol) but that doesn't work.
[close]

Any hints..?

SHADOW

sthomannch

Shadow
Spoiler

The GPS is in one of the drawers in the sisters room
[close]
Where do I get the
Spoiler

pencil?
[close]

sthomannch

Nevermind, was too obvious...

Shadow1000

Quote from: sthomannch on Sun 04/09/2011 23:15:32
Shadow
Spoiler

The GPS is in one of the drawers in the sisters room
[close]

Now that was frustrating...I clicked them so many times and it said that there's nothing interesting. Talk about a pixel hunt  >:(

Thank you

SHADOW

Shadow1000

Stuck again in a number of dead ends:

1)
Spoiler
I have NO idea where to find chocolate for the girl in the park. I'm guessing I have to get chocolate cake for the tourists in exchange and I see the cake on the fire escape but no way up there..
[close]
2)
Spoiler
The woman in the souvenir shop says she wants "something special" for the magnifying glass. I wish she would be more specific...
[close]

Thanks!

SHADOW

Cogliostro

SHADOW

Here's a series of hints, followed by the out and out solution.

CAKE HINTS)
Spoiler

Your right, get the cake to the tourists and get candy in exchange.

You cannot get up to the cake.

Don't worry about the cake being in edible condition when you get it down.

There's something you need from the monument in the park.

SOLUTION IS NEXT

Grab the stones from the park, throw them at the cake, give it back to the bartender.
[close]

MAGNIFYING GLASS HINT)
Spoiler
When you talk to her she doesn't give you any hints.  So where are you going to get your hints?

Most of the stuff in the store is for sale.  She put up exactly one things of her own.

The girl's a fan of the DustBusters and has one of their posters on the counter.

Have you met anyone from the band recently?

SOLUTION IS NEXT

The drunk at the bar is in the band.  Go get his autograph.
[close]

NEXT IMPORTNANT HINT)
Spoiler

You need an autographed photo from DustBuster

Buy the drunk a drink in exchange for his autograph.  Oops he forgets the deal.

Of course, the autographed photo is already on him.

It's in his jacket... and you're not a pickpocket.  You need him to take his jacket off.

I think I'll let you sweat this one out for a bit.

SOLUTION IS NEXT

With his jacket on, buy him the drink.  Then head into the basement.  Turn the heat up in the bar to WARM.  Go back into the bar, the jacket will be on the seat next to him.
[close]

- Cogliostro

nihilyst

How can I repair the doll? I have the pencil, but what do I need to attach it?

The Last To Know

Spoiler
You need to find some wire.
[close]

If you can't find it,
Spoiler
look near the flowers at the statue.
[close]

But I have another question:
Spoiler
How can I investigate the van where Tim is hanging around? I already got the guy the ouzo-water. Can I get his moosehead somehow? I think I need it to talk to Tim...
[close]

srnickolas

how do i find light to go back to the sewers??

Shadow1000

Quote from: S-Made on Mon 05/09/2011 13:48:04

But I have another question:
Spoiler
How can I investigate the van where Tim is hanging around? I already got the guy the ouzo-water. Can I get his moosehead somehow? I think I need it to talk to Tim...
[close]

Answer:
Spoiler
make a pea shooter with a rolled-up tube and pins. Shoot the balloons and when Simon is distracted, grab the head. I had to set the game settings to slow to make it possible
[close]

donmartin

How can I investigate the van where Tim is hanging around? I already got the guy the ouzo-water. Can I get his moosehead somehow? I think I need it to talk to Tim...[/quote]

Got the pins and the blowgun made with the flyer soyou can blow the globes. But something more is missing. Syncronization perhaps?

edit after the previous message was post: OK, it was a matter of speed..

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cogliostro on Mon 05/09/2011 06:38:50
SHADOW

Here's a series of hints, followed by the out and out solution.

Thanks,   Cogliostro

It seems like a bit of a glitch, but:

Spoiler
when I got to the guitarist he already had his jacket off because I had been messing with the controls already. You can't get the autograph from him unless he is wearing the jacket when you ask him for the autograph and THEN make him remove it
[close]

I'm onto the next part of the game and stuck again but I'll keep trying till I give up again!

SHADOW

Wesray

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Mon 05/09/2011 16:30:30
It seems like a bit of a glitch, but:

Spoiler
when I got to the guitarist he already had his jacket off because I had been messing with the controls already. You can't get the autograph from him unless he is wearing the jacket when you ask him for the autograph and THEN make him remove it
[close]

There's actually an easy solution for that:
Spoiler
you can set the clima control to COLD again, then the gituarist will put on his jacket again.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Wesray on Mon 05/09/2011 16:45:13

There's actually an easy solution for that:
Spoiler
you can set the clima control to COLD again, then the gituarist will put on his jacket again.
[close]

Yes, that's how I solved it. But I still consider it a bit of a glitch because logically you shouldn't have to if
Spoiler
the jacket is already off.
[close]

SHADOW

Wesray

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Mon 05/09/2011 16:50:32

Yes, that's how I solved it. But I still consider it a bit of a glitch because logically you shouldn't have to if
Spoiler
the jacket is already off.
[close]

Ah, ok!
Spoiler

Did you already have the conversation about the autograph BEFORE you set the clima to high? Since it is during that conversation that the guy gives the autograph and puts in his jacket.
[close]
If so, then it is indeed a glitch. I will look into it tonight!

Cogliostro

Quote from: srnickolas on Mon 05/09/2011 14:38:39

Head into the subway station.  It'll be obvious.

- Cogliostro

Michael2968

I am stuck at the point where:

Spoiler
The janitor in the hospital is fixing the speaker. I can't figure out how to steal his tools. I also need help reading the letter from the sister that is too light to make out clearly.
[close]

Thanks,
Michael

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cogliostro on Mon 05/09/2011 17:25:35
Quote from: srnickolas on Mon 05/09/2011 14:38:39

Head into the subway station.  It'll be obvious.

- Cogliostro

I have the
Spoiler
book and key
[close]

I have the
Spoiler
subway stub but the game won't let me into the tube.
[close]
Do I need to get something or do something first?

SHADOW

Cogliostro

In order to get into the subway....

Spoiler

You need to show the subway stub to Simon / Moose Guy.
[close]

- Cogliostro

Shadow1000

Quote from: mdm2968 on Mon 05/09/2011 17:32:08
I am stuck at the point where:

Spoiler
The janitor in the hospital is fixing the speaker. I can't figure out how to steal his tools.
[close]

You have to
Spoiler
wait till he's in the park
[close]

Spoiler

I also need help reading the letter from the sister that is too light to make out clearly.
[close]

Use
Spoiler
the lighter
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cogliostro on Mon 05/09/2011 17:35:37
In order to get into the subway....

Spoiler

You need to show the subway stub to Simon / Moose Guy.
[close]

- Cogliostro

wow...would never have guessed...thank you

SHADOW

Shadow1000

Sigh...stuck again...

I'm trying to
Spoiler
open the chest. I am clueless what the relationship is between the symbols on the top are with the bottom with the combination. I assume they somehow point to the corresponding symbols in the 1, 2, and 3 indentations which in turn are found in the book but after struggling here I don't know where to start
[close]

If someone has even a small clue I would appreciate it.

SHADOW

Cogliostro

Shadow,

In order to open the STONE chest...
Spoiler

Each of the three circles/spots is labeled with a number of dots.  Now go back and look at Suzie's symbol book.

The book is divided into three sections as well.

SOLUTON NEXT

For button/circle/spot ONE select the symbol that is not listed in category ONE.  Each button/circle/spot includes a symbol that does not belong.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cogliostro on Tue 06/09/2011 01:09:14

Spoiler

Each of the three circles/spots is labeled with a number of dots.  Now go back and look at Suzie's symbol book.

The book is divided into three sections as well.

[close]
That part I actually got on my own!

Spoiler

For button/circle/spot ONE select the symbol that is not listed in category ONE.  Each button/circle/spot includes a symbol that does not belong.
[close]

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Spoiler
so the symbols on top and bottom are there just to throw me off...grrrr
[close]

Michael2968

I need to know
Spoiler
How to get the ouzo water from the vending machine in the bar.
[close]

thanks,
Michael

Cogliostro

Quote from: mdm2968 on Tue 06/09/2011 13:18:52

I need to know
Spoiler
How to get the ouzo water from the vending machine in the bar.
[close]

thanks,
Michael

Spoiler

You're going to need a drachma - a Greek coin.

Fortunately there's one nearby

In the sewer just outside the bar, the item sparling behind the sewer grate is the coin you need.

If you try to climb up the fire escape in the back of the bar, you'll end up with a long slender pole.

That fits through the sewer grate, but there's no way to make the coin stick to the pole.

COMPLETE SOLUTION IS NEXT

Use the gum from the tourists on the airport on yourself.  You'll end with a wad of gum.  STick that to the end of the pole, and use that on the sewer grate to get the coin.

[close]

- Cogliostro

Michael2968

Thanks for the help with getting the coin.  Does anyone have any hints about:
Spoiler
How to get the hanging dinosaur bird to fall? I have got the bridge down but I can't figure out how to knock the bird down].

thanks,
Michael
[close]

donmartin

Quote from: mdm2968 on Thu 08/09/2011 01:12:07
Thanks for the help with getting the coin.  Does anyone have any hints about:
Spoiler
How to get the hanging dinosaur bird to fall? I have got the bridge down but I can't figure out how to knock the bird down].

thanks,
Michael
[close]
Spoiler
add two objects: one long, other sharp
[close]

Michael2968

Thanks for the help with the hanging dinosaur I got through that part of the game. Now how do you figure out:

Spoiler
which symbols in which order to press on the owl casket.
[close]

donmartin

Quote from: mdm2968 on Thu 08/09/2011 13:52:51
Thanks for the help with the hanging dinosaur I got through that part of the game. Now how do you figure out:

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
it´s another very good puzzle you should be able to solve by yourself without Tiff´s aid.
[close]

Tina

Please help im stuck, the janitor is fixing the speaker, i have spoke with the grumpy neighbour and been in the flat, i found the gps but now cant do anything to move on or make the park and airport appear, or the club any hints to get me going again thanks

Shadow1000

Quote from: Tina on Thu 08/09/2011 21:52:28
Please helpI'm stuck, the janitor is fixing the speaker, i have spoke with the grumpy neighbour and been in the flat, i found the gps but now cant do anything to move on or make the park and airport appear, or the club any hints to get me going again thanks

Tina:

Did you look at the

Spoiler
paper with the clue that has the words "red" and "blue" in it? Did you figure out what red and blue refer to?
[close]

SHADOW

Cogliostro

MDM2968,

Spoiler
[close]
I've listed a couple of hints with breaks in between so you can be choosey about how much help you want.

Spoiler

The park bench told you to open the owl.  The bit of graffitti showed an infinity symbol being the key to the owl.  Where have you seen an infinity symbol?

It was near the park bench.

The riddle on the monument tells you the order to press the button in order to open the owl.

Of course, you need to be able to read Chinese numerals.

The open book in the professor's office tells you what all the symbols stand for.

Solving the riddle on the monument is just good brain exercise, but if math isn't your thing, use the camera, take a photo and show it to Tiffany.
[close]

- Cogliostro

muppettess2011

Quote from: Cogliostro on Fri 09/09/2011 03:09:46
MDM2968,

Spoiler
[close]
I've listed a couple of hints with breaks in between so you can be choosey about how much help you want.

Spoiler

The park bench told you to open the owl.  The bit of graffitti showed an infinity symbol being the key to the owl.  Where have you seen an infinity symbol?

It was near the park bench.

The riddle on the monument tells you the order to press the button in order to open the owl.

Of course, you need to be able to read Chinese numerals.

The open book in the professor's office tells you what all the symbols stand for.

Solving the riddle on the monument is just good brain exercise, but if math isn't your thing, use the camera, take a photo and show it to Tiffany.
[close]

- Cogliostro

How to clean the monument? Thanks

J_Aguila

I can't see any

Spoiler
cake
[close]
in the back of the club?

How do I make it appear?
You can check my music by following this link:
www.myspace.com/oniricajordi

muppettess2011

Quote from: J_Aguila on Fri 09/09/2011 10:57:25
I can't see any

Spoiler
cake
[close]
in the back of the club?

How do I make it appear?
did u fix the doll belonging to girl in park? not sure but might appear because she asks u for something else

J_Aguila

Quote from: muppettess2011 on Fri 09/09/2011 12:46:11
I can't see any

Spoiler
cake
[close]
in the back of the club?

How do I make it appear?
didyou fix the doll belonging to girl in park? not sure but might appear because she asksyou for something else

Yes I did.

Spoiler
Now she wants some sweets
[close]

muppettess2011

Quote from: J_Aguila on Fri 09/09/2011 13:12:30
I can't see any

Spoiler
cake
[close]
in the back of the club?

How do I make it appear?
didyou fix the doll belonging to girl in park? not sure but might appear because she asksyou for something else

Yes I did.

Spoiler
[close]
can't remember how it appeared, sorry. and didn,t save game for ages. will replay later if you get no answers. sorry again.

muppettess2011

Quote from: muppettess2011 on Fri 09/09/2011 13:28:46
Quote from: J_Aguila on Fri 09/09/2011 13:12:30
I can't see any

Spoiler
cake
[close]
in the back of the club?

How do I make it appear?

Yes I did.

Spoiler
[close]
can't remember how it appeared, sorry. and didn,t save game for ages. will replay later if you get no answers. sorry again.
you have to get locked in cellar for cake to appear

Cogliostro

How to clean the monument...

Spoiler

First, there's something in your sister's hospital room that you need.

There's also something in the main gallery of the museum.

EXACT SOLUTION IS NEXT

Get the industrial cleaner from your sister's medicine cabinet and the scrub brush from the bucket underneath the egyptology display.  Hit the monument with cleaner and then scrub it.
[close]

Getting the cake to appear...
Spoiler

The bartender's wife cooked up the cake.  So, I'm pretty sure you need to talk to him as well.
[close]
- Cogliostro

muppettess2011

Quote from: Cogliostro on Fri 09/09/2011 15:28:53

Spoiler

EXACT SOLUTION IS NEXT

Get the industrial cleaner from your sister's medicine cabinet and the scrub brush from the bucket underneath the egyptology display.  Hit the monument with cleaner and then scrub it.
[/hidecan,t find med cabinet

Spoiler

The bartender's wife cooked up the cake.  So, I'm pretty sure you need to talk to him as well.
[close]
- Cogliostro
[close]

muppettess2011

Quote from: muppettess2011 on Fri 09/09/2011 15:59:54
Quote from: Cogliostro on Fri 09/09/2011 15:28:53

Spoiler

EXACT SOLUTION IS NEXT

[/hidecan,t find med cabinet

Spoiler

[close]
- Cogliostrothanks. found in the end
[close]

J_Aguila

Thanks to both of you but I'm still stuck...

Spoiler
Can't find the bartender anywhere...  ???
[close]

muppettess2011

Quote from: J_Aguila on Fri 09/09/2011 16:44:14

Spoiler
[close]
he's in the club morelle

muppettess2011

Quote from: muppettess2011 on Fri 09/09/2011 18:28:11

Spoiler
[close]
he's in the club morelle
have you got in club yet

muppettess2011

stuck with gold disc now, how do i proceed?

Shadow1000

Quote from: muppettess2011 on Fri 09/09/2011 19:51:49
stuck with gold disc now, how do i proceed?

Spoiler
Go back to the flat and speak to Gwen
[close]

SHADOW

Michael2968

I am still stuck trying to figure out:

Spoiler
which buttons to press in which order on the owl. I have the book of chinese and I took the picture of the riddle and showed it the the fiance in the hospital room and she gave me some numbers, but I can't figure out exactly how to put them into the owl. The numbers just don't seem to add up right.

Thanks,
Michael
[close]

muppettess2011

Quote from: mdm2968 on Fri 09/09/2011 20:23:30

Spoiler
which buttons to press in which order on the owl. I have the book of chinese and I took the picture of the riddle and showed it the the fiance in the hospital room and she gave me some numbers, but I can't figure out exactly how to put them into the owl. The numbers just don't seem to add up right.

Thanks,
Michael
[close]
cleaned monolith, used phone on  it, showed tiff, got number used on owl but now im stuck with           gold disk? hint to crack it please?

Shadow1000

Quote from: muppettess2011 on Fri 09/09/2011 20:36:47
Quote from: mdm2968 on Fri 09/09/2011 20:23:30

Spoiler

Thanks,
Michael
[close]
cleaned monolith, used phone on  it, showed tiff, got number used on owl but nowI'm stuck with           gold disk? hint to crack it please?

Did you

Spoiler
take it to the flat?
[close]

J_Aguila

Quote from: muppettess2011 on Fri 09/09/2011 18:31:55

Spoiler
[close]
he's in the club morelle
have you got in club yet

Not yet, I need something to stick my photo to the pass. Glue doesn't really work...

Shadow1000

Quote from: J_Aguila on Fri 09/09/2011 21:39:26

Spoiler
[close]
he's in the club morelle
have you got in club yet

Not yet, I need something to stick my photo to the pass. Glue doesn't really work...

Spoiler
Do you know where you can get gum from at the airport?
[close]

J_Aguila

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 09/09/2011 21:45:34

Spoiler
[close]
he's in the club morelle
have you got in club yet

Spoiler
[close]

The tourists, yeah. But I don't know what do I have to give them...

muppettess2011

Quote from: J_Aguila on Fri 09/09/2011 21:57:58

Spoiler
[close]
he's in the club morelle
have you got in club yet
just keep talking to touriststs

Spoiler
[close]

muppettess2011

Quote from: muppettess2011 on Fri 09/09/2011 22:41:28

Spoiler
[close]
he's in the club morelle
have you got in club yet

Spoiler
[close]

got box but dont know how to open, and stuck. my god this game is hard!

muppettess2011

Quote from: muppettess2011 on Fri 09/09/2011 22:48:22

Spoiler
[close]
he's in the club morelle
have you got in club yet

Spoiler
[close]

keep talking to tourists, they will give you gum

J_Aguila

Quote from: muppettess2011 on Fri 09/09/2011 22:53:04

Spoiler
[close]
he's in the club morelle
have you got in club yet

Spoiler
[close]

This worked thank you :) Now I can't get out of the cellar and I've got the feeling I haven't got the object I need... Damn...

muppettess2011

Quote from: J_Aguila on Sat 10/09/2011 09:58:39

Spoiler
[close]
he's in the club morelle
have you got in club yet

Spoiler
[close]

This worked thank you :) Now I can't get out of the cellar and I've got the feeling I haven't got the object I need... Damn...
have you got rid of big head in cellar?

J_Aguila

Quote from: muppettess2011 on Sat 10/09/2011 11:03:30
Quote from: J_Aguila on Sat 10/09/2011 09:58:39

Spoiler
[close]
he's in the club morelle
have you got in club yet

Spoiler
[close]

have you got rid of big head in cellar?

Oh yes, I did that now, that was so obvious... duh Now I'm out of the cellar :)

Thank you

Tina

Can you tell me how I get coordinates for the airport and park, I have gps and the red and blue hint on the piece of paper but how do I work out what N51 red means?  I am at a standstill now, can only go to museum, hospital and flat and cant get any further thank you

muppettess2011

Quote from: Tina on Sat 10/09/2011 15:11:23
Can you tell me how I get coordinates for the airport and park, I have gps and the red and blue hint on the piece of paper but how do I work out what N51 red means?  I am at a standstill now, can only go to museum, hospital and flat and cant get any further thank you
Have you used paper hint on clock in bedroom and on watch?

Michael2968

Spoiler

Thanks,
Michael
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Tina on Sat 10/09/2011 15:11:23
Can you tell me how I get coordinates for the airport and park, I have gps and the red and blue hint on the piece of paper but how do I work out what N51 red means?  I am at a standstill now, can only go to museum, hospital and flat and cant get any further thank you

Tina:

Spoiler
The numbers on the paper are coordinates that you have to punch into the GPS. N51 means "north 51" and so on.
[close]

Does that help?

If not:

Spoiler
"Red" refers to the time on the red clock in her room. "Blue" refers to the time on the blue watch
[close]

Did you figure that part out yet?

SHADOW

Ian Aloser

I am terribly stuck at
Spoiler
the subway station
How do I get the thing from the tracks
[close]

Help please

Great game, my compliments !

Nevermind, finally got it !

sthomannch

To get the thing
Spoiler

step down the tracks (hotspot "tracks"). There is more to do down there than to pick up the scarf
[close]

Ian Aloser

Thanks for the help !

Now I'm stuck even more
Spoiler

I am totally lost in the sewers
Got plank, but there's no way to use it anywhere
I guess I need a map of the sewers, but where?
And where's Suzies box ?
[close]

This game's great but not easy

Please help!

sthomannch

I am a loser
Spoiler

You do not need the plank yet. But a map would be very handy. Do you have the newspaper with the strange writing on the front page? What is written on the lower left corner? This should lead the way through the sewers. The starting point is the first room from where you can go south...
[close]

Ian Aloser

Quote from: sthomannch on Mon 12/09/2011 18:02:13
I am a loser
Spoiler

You do not need the plank yet. But a map would be very handy. Do you have the newspaper with the strange writing on the front page? What is written on the lower left corner? This should lead the way through the sewers. The starting point is the first room from where you can go south...
[close]

Thank you so much
I thought this scribbling had to to with a person not directions

What a great game

Cheers
IaL

azerty

Spoiler

In the sewers, i walked randomly and quickly found the box
[close]
then I exited the game, then lost all my saves, and had to restart the game from the beginning.
The problem is
Spoiler
I can no more find the box. I made a detailed plan of all the sewers. I can go where i want when i want. But nowhere is the box.
I think i forgot to do/get something before the sewers, but what?
[close]

Ian Aloser

For Azerty
I can't remember where i found the piece of paper that reads
Spoiler
SEE SWEN
Might be found in the apron in the appartment
[close]

Ian Aloser

Stuck with gold disc,too

Spoiler

I placed the symbol from the painting at the 12 o'clock
position of the outer ring and tried all possible combinations,
but to no avail. Am I missing an object to place in the center?
[close]
Help please !

Wesray

@I am a loser:
Spoiler

First, look up the meaning of the symbol you've found in Suzie's book.
[close]
Spoiler

Then try to apply this knowledge to the painting.
[close]
Spoiler

In other words, you need to take a look at the back of the canvas. You should have the necessary tools.
[close]

azerty

Quote from: I am a loser on Tue 13/09/2011 15:46:43
For Azerty
I can't remember where i found the piece of paper that reads
Spoiler
SEE SWEN
Might be found in the apron in the appartment
[close]
Spoiler
I've found it (given by the homeless i think), read it, and know its meaning (South West East North), know on my sewers map that it leads to the door of the box.
But on my new game, the north leads no more to this door, but to the entry of the sewers.
[close]
Spoiler
I tried ALL passages, NO one leads to the door of the box.
Bug or feature?
[close]
Spoiler
Is it mandatory to have the mask in the sewers? I believe not.
Another condition mandatory???
[close]
I can send a saved game, if anyone is interested.

Ian Aloser

Thanks Wesray !

One more clue please:
Spoiler

Back in the sewers : No way to escape the hooded man !
The directions from the note don't work anymore
Found one place where I could place the plank but
it did not help
What am I doing wrong?
[close]

Wesray

@azerty
Don't worry it shouldn't be a bug and you didn't miss an item.
Spoiler

Yes, SWEN is the directions, but that's not all of them. See anything else on the newspaper that could be interpreted as directions?
[close]
Spoiler

Actually, you have two options here: Either follow NEWSSEESWEN from the main entrance to the sewers or just SWEN from the room with the ladder.
[close]
That should work, but if it doesn't, return to the entrance of the sewers and start again from the main entrance. Hope that helps!

@I am a loser:
Spoiler

The plank's the solution, you just need to use it in the correct place! :)
[close]
Spoiler

More specifically, a bit farther from the hooded guy, at the channel on the left.
[close]

Ian Aloser

Thanks Wesray !

Am I so stupid ?

Spoiler

Putting the plank there doesn't lead me anywhere
Do I have to lure him so he gets stuck?
When I cross the sewage over the plank, I automatically
pick it up again
However, I can cross the sewage without
using the plank again
Strange
[close]

Wesray

@I am a loser:
Spoiler

A dead end? Not if you reuse the plank!
[close]
Spoiler

Just take it after you've crossed the first canal and then use it on the OTHER canal on the right, leading back to the passage where you need to to go.
[close]
Ah, you found a bug! I'll fix that! :)

Ian Aloser

Wesray, Thanks again
looks like a bug, indeed
Spoiler

I used the plank on the left canal first,
picked it up, then used it on the canal in the middle
then crossed the plank,
picked it up automatically
when I exit south, I get caught by the hooded man again, no way to escape

[close]

Do you want me to send you a save file at this point ?

itchy

So I solved the GPS puzzle and the park is now on my map, but it's closed and I can't get to it yet! There doesn't seem to be anything left to do but go there. What am I missing?

The Last To Know

Well, what did you do already? What's in your inventory?

J_Aguila

I think I'm supposed to

Spoiler
cut the pterodactyl's rope, and I'm guessing I've got to tie something to the spear, but I really don't know what....
[close]

sthomannch

J_Aguila
Spoiler

You need a sword and tie it to the spear...
[close]

J_Aguila

itchy

Quote from: S-Made on Wed 14/09/2011 10:30:50
Well, what did you do already? What's in your inventory?
Spoiler
Spoke to the two museum guys and Gwen and have exhausted all topics (I thought Gwen might give me the address for the bar but apparently not). Spoke with Dr Hart. Absolutely cleaned out Suzie's apartment and bag for items. The janitor is still at the hospital, though. Do I have to make him leave?

I have my phone, wallet, ID, Suzie's note, a blank sheet of paper, a mysterious tile, that moose picture, tweezers, cleaning product, a scrubbing brush, some string, a pencil, a loaf of bread, the photo album, a broken watch and a GPS that the game won't let me use anymore (because I already have the coordinates to the park).
[close]

The Last To Know

@itchy:
It seems your missing the
Spoiler
lighter from Suzie's apartment.
[close]
You can find it
Spoiler
behind the pillow on the couch.
[close]
Then you have to
Spoiler
use it with the blank sheet of paper.
[close]

Hope it works!  :)

Tina

Im stuck now, havnt got in sewer and cant find the van at the airport, also cant find a mountain, and it wont let me do anything at the owl, I have the moose head and the book but just cant think what to do next thanks

The Last To Know

I think you should go to the van at the airport. You can find it at the airport main screen in the upper right corner.

Tina

Now stuck at the stone chest, i have found the symbols that are not in the book but it does nothing the chest doesnt open, ive tried all combinations but no luck help thanks

Tina

I solved the stone chest puzzle, where do I find the mountain? and I cant open the owl because the guard tells me off when I touch it, can you help me please this is a great game

The Last To Know

You need to distract the guard.

To do so,
Spoiler
you should crash the flying dinosaur on the t-rex
[close]

Eli

Hi, please I need help, I have no idea how to get 1000 pounds to guive Gwend to enter the appartment of my sister...

Thanks you... I like this game very much!

Eli

sthomannch

Eli
Spoiler

go to the atm and get some money
[close]

You need two things
Spoiler

the card and a code
[close]

Spoiler

examine your wallet
[close]

Spoiler

and telephone
[close]

Eli

Thanks Sthomannch, now ... where is the ATM?

digitalray

can anyone help me get on ?

Spoiler

1) i still need to get tim off the car. i already gave the drink to the mooseman, but he just sits there

2) can't pick up a dart or something for popping the ballons, thought i could do that with the rolled flyer ?

3) the switch in the profs room didn't do anything ?

did all other stuff already

can anyone help me with these 3 situations pls ?

[close]

to Eli:

Spoiler

btw. ATM is at the main screen in front of the hosiptal to the right above the subway entrance.
[close]

Eli

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Wesray

@digitalray
1) and 2) are connected,
Spoiler

you need to enter the cellar of Club Morelle to get the item required for popping the balloons. This will in turn help you dealing with Tim.
[close]
Regarding 3).
Spoiler

Have you been at the museum's balcony after using the switch?
[close]

digitalray

thanks for the reply wes,

i haven't been into the cellar, i tried all highscores, the date from the newspaper in the trash but none worked :(

ah so the switch was for the dinosaur part ;) ok.

so how do i get into the cellar ?

Wesray

Quote from: digitalray on Thu 22/09/2011 22:01:36
so how do i get into the cellar ?
Spoiler

You were on the right track with the highscores - look at them closely.
[close]
If you need further help
Spoiler

you can take a picture of the highscores with you mobile phone and show it to Tiffany - she'll solve the puzzle for you.
[close]

ecr

I have the GPS, and I know the times on the clock and the wristwatch are linked to that, but clicking the GPS on them does nothing. What am I missing?

The Last To Know

You should have a sheet of paper which could help you in this situation.

ecr

Thanks, but the only pieces of paper I have are the note from the sister (please give this stuff to my brother) and what was the blank sheet of paper that I used the lighter on to get a message. Neither of these will work with the clock or the watch. Could you please give me a hint where to find the other piece of paper?

Wesray

@ecr
Spoiler

Open the photo album - the slip of paper can be found between its pages, near the bottom of the screen.
[close]

ecr

Thanks a lot for help with clue. This is a great game, baffling without being too frustrating. At least until now.  I'm underground, in the room with the ladder, and I have the item I found down here.  I used the item twice to go south, but then whether I go west or south my light goes out, which seems to be Game Over. What am I missing here?

Wesray

@ecr:
I'm glad you are enjoying the game so far! It would be great if you rated it on the games page, once you finished it.

As for the problem in the tunnels:
Spoiler

Remember the batteries you put in the GPS device earlier? You don't need that device anymore, so maybe you can reuse them in the flashlight!
[close]

ecr

Doh! Did try lighter though, but warned against self-immolation!

Tina

Stuck near the end, ive been teleported used the two lenses but it says im missing something, all my items are gone, i only have the roots, help please, really enjoyed this game thanks

Wesray

@Tina:
Congrats for making it that far!

To escape from the cave
Spoiler

use the roots on the loose stone in the door. This lets sunlight into the cave and allows you using the lenses!
[close]

peter

Are there a walkthrough for this nice game !

Wesray

None that I'm aware of, but I might write a walkthrough myself in the near future.

In the meantime you should find answers to the most common problems here in this thread, or you could just post a new question. :)

peter

Quote from: Wesray on Mon 03/10/2011 15:23:53
None that I'm aware of, but I might write a walkthrough myself in the near future.

In the meantime you should find answers to the most common problems here in this thread, or you could just post a new question. :)
Thanks Wesray, then i wait for the WT :)

Wesray

A comprehensive walkthrough for the game, including all bonus points, is now available at my site. Click HERE to go there directly. Enjoy!

peter

Quote from: Wesray on Sat 08/10/2011 14:01:26
A comprehensive walkthrough for the game, including all bonus points, is now available at my site. Click HERE to go there directly. Enjoy!

great thanks :P)

sipjezzy

I don't understand. I read the walkthrough.
I need to
Spoiler
go through the sewers the second time. I used the plank in the room when the man is on the right plank and you need to go south. After I reached the south I found myself in another room when I need to go south but there is the baf man.
[close]
I'm lost and stuck. What I'm missing or should I do?  :(

Forgot. got it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk