Jibble

Author Topic: AGS engine Android port  (Read 210919 times)

Re: AGS engine Android port
« Reply #880 on: 04 Mar 2019, 03:14 »
I installed it from this thread: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=56887.0

I'm guessing that's the most up to date version of the app?

« Reply #881 on: 31 Mar 2019, 22:09 »
Hi everyone  :)

Does the Android AGS port have support for intents? So that you can launch games running on it from a frontend such as Hyperspin?

If not then are there any plans to add such?
I know a lot of people would appreciate such a functionality.

« Reply #882 on: 16 Apr 2019, 08:43 »
Unavowed doesn't work for me. Tried both steam and gog versions. It stops at startup with a message about achievements. Is there a workaround to this? Using latest 3.4 version

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2013, for spearheading the AGS 3.3.0 project
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • Crimson Wizard worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Crimson Wizard worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #883 on: 16 Apr 2019, 11:49 »
Unavowed doesn't work for me. Tried both steam and gog versions. It stops at startup with a message about achievements. Is there a workaround to this? Using latest 3.4 version

Please, in cases like this include actual error message. But I will make a guess it is "script link error" because Android port does not include steam/gog plugin.

If that's the case, then perhaps first solution is to build and include steam/gog stub plugin into APK along with others.
In the past Monkey0506 also suggested embedding plugin placeholders for steam/gog client into the engine, but I did not realize why it may be necessary at first.

These are two ways, I believe either may be tried. I'd try building separate plugin stub and including into APK first, because that does involve modifying engine code. If that won't work for some reason, then try another one.

PS. That said, I have to make a formal warning that running the game on its own does not guarantee it will be playable on touch-screen device. If it's not then probably waiting for Wadjet Eye to produce a mobile version of their game would be better (idk if they are planning).

PPS. We are currently trying to work this problem out.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2019, 12:57 by Crimson Wizard »

« Reply #884 on: 16 Apr 2019, 20:37 »
PPS. We are currently trying to work this problem out.

Awesome!!!

Another feature request.  Kathy rain on play store has a function that shows all available interactive hotspots on the scene when you longtouch which is very handy on android. Can we have something like this in the options for every game?

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2013, for spearheading the AGS 3.3.0 project
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • Crimson Wizard worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Crimson Wizard worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #885 on: 16 Apr 2019, 22:10 »
Another feature request.  Kathy rain on play store has a function that shows all available interactive hotspots on the scene when you longtouch which is very handy on android. Can we have something like this in the options for every game?

I believe that may be theoretically possible to do, but this is something that has to be devised and coded from scratch. In existing games this is done with scripting, which we cannot replicate in the engine as-is.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2019, 22:21 by Crimson Wizard »