MODULE: Starwars perspective scrolling v1.01 (new dl site)

Started by SSH, Thu 17/11/2005 13:33:10

Previous topic - Next topic

SSH

SSH Productions are pleased to unleash upon the poor public the StarWars scroller module.

Download here (Requires AGS v2.71)
Mirror
Download a quick demo of it in action here.

The instructions ain't long so here we go:

Module 'StarWars'

Abstract: Provides a Star Wars-style perspective scroller

Dependencies: AGS 2.71RC3 or later

Functions:

StarWarsScroller.Run(String t, int font, optional int vanishy, optional int speed, optional int separation, 
         optional int color, optional int colog, optional int colob);

This runs a scroller with the text in t, word-wrapped and centred. The font specified is used.

• The optional vanishy argument sets the y position at which text will have its vanishing point.
  • The optional speed argument (default 5) can make the text scroll faster or slower:higher numbers are faster.
  • The separation is a number that controls the gap between successive lines of text: it is a number for which a good value has to be found by experimentation (default 200)
  • The colour of text can also be set: if one value is specified in 256 colour mode, it uses that palette number, if 3 numbers are specified, the closest colour possible in the colourspace will be used. If none specified, the current RawDraw colour is used

StarWarsScroller.Stop();

Turns off the scroller, after it has been run

StarWarsScroller.SetSpeed(int speed);

Can be used to pause (speed=0) or even make the scroller run backwards (speed<0)

Configuration:

The font used should be quite large (for TTF, say around 30 points) and it should NOT have an outline, as these tend to give lots of artefacts as they shrink into the distance

Example:
Code: ags

RawSetColorRGB(180, 180, 180);
   StarWarsScroller.Run("How much is that doggy in the window? The one with the waggly tail", 3, 50, 5, 200);

Caveats:

Due to the AGS RawDrawColour and NormalFont not being readable, I coudl not save their old values when this module is run: therefore the user will have to reset these to their correct values themselves, after having used the scroller.

Revision History:

17 Nov 05: v1.0  First release of StarWars scroller module
17 Nov 05: v1.01 Fixed a wee RawRestoreScreen bug

Licence: LGPL

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Marion

Hi !
I have downloaded and tried this module for my next game.
But all I have when I launch the game are black moving empty rectangles, instead of my text with fonts.
It's a 30 large TTF font, without outline. It's the same with AGS 2.71 or AGS 3.1.
Can you help me ?
Thank you !

EDIT : Ok, it's fixed now.

SSH

Marion

It works with the AGS 2.71 (I have just forgot one line in the script).
But not with the 3.1, I have an error message.

Dualnames

You probably get a version error. I had no trouble testing the module with AGS 3.0 so something's changed.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Marion

Hello, is this module still available ? Does it work with AGS 3.6 ? :)

Mehrdad

Quote from: Marion on Sun 03/12/2023 12:22:29Hello, is this module still available ? Does it work with AGS 3.6 ? :)

Hi. I had a copy in my archive. Here you are
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5cbcxn0m0iachb6apmv7p/StarWars.zip?rlkey=bh6ehb6zvlx6jxynrafarwqa2&dl=0

I don't know works with 3.6 or not.
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

Crimson Wizard

AGS 3.6.0 has a number of backwards compatibility settings; these may be used to enable all the old script commands back.

More information may be found in the manual:
https://adventuregamestudio.github.io/ags-manual/GeneralSettings.html#backwards-compatibility

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk