Can't enter to AGS webpage [Solved]

Started by Khristian Cammilleri, Wed 09/05/2012 01:45:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Khristian Cammilleri

I'm having this problem since one week...
Whenever I try to enter ags webpage, mozilla says that the server wasn't found.. so I can't gain access to any of the ags related pages, big blue cup forum, for example...

The strangest thing is that I can enter if I use the blackberry... So  AGS webpage was available!, but not in my computer...
Then I realised that, somehow AGS was blocking my IP...Don't know why...
Now I'm using a proxy server... That's why I'm writing here...
But I want to know what could be the problem, becouse the proxy server is really laggy, and it's full of advertisements...

Please, if someone has the same problem or knows the solution... Please Help!

PD:I don't know if it's the correct topic

PizzaNostra!

Khris

This works fine for me: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/
Sounds like your PC got hijacked by trojans. Get malwarebytes and do a full scan asap.

And yes, wrong forum.

Khristian Cammilleri

From one day to the other, just with AGS web?
I've already done a full scan to my computer, and no trojans...
Somehow AGS is blocking my IP, that's why if I hide my IP I can enter...

How can it be?
PizzaNostra!

AGA

Go to whatsmyip.com on the machine you think is blocked, and tell what your IP is, and I'll look into it. It may be you have a similar IP to someone else who's been banned.  Do you get any error messages?  We don't (can't!) ban people from the main site, only the forums, so if you can't access that I have no idea why it would be.

Khristian Cammilleri

..I've another clue of what could be wrong...
If I use the internet explorer, it reports this error:
The DNS server does not respond...  (Domain Name Server)

Just with ags webpage..
PizzaNostra!

Khris

XP: Open Control Panel -> Network Connections
Vista / 7: Open Internet and Sharing center -> Manage network connections (left bar)

Find the LAN or Wireless connection you're using, right-click it and select Properties. In there, find TCP/IP or IP4 in the list and double-click it.
Near the bottom you can set the DNS servers for the connection. Enter 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then close both windows by clicking OK.

If you still can't get to the site, push Windows + R, type cmd <enter> and at the prompt, type "ping http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk" without quotes and <enter>.
You should get 4 replies. If you don't, something's really wrong with your system.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Khristian Cammilleri on Thu 10/05/2012 22:10:14
The DNS server does not respond...  (Domain Name Server)
Do you know what DNS nameserver you're using?

https://www.grc.com/dns/alternatives.htm

Is it possible that's the issue?

Khristian Cammilleri

Quote from: Khris on Fri 11/05/2012 00:24:36
XP: Open Control Panel -> Network Connections
Vista / 7: Open Internet and Sharing center -> Manage network connections (left bar)

Find the LAN or Wireless connection you're using, right-click it and select Properties. In there, find TCP/IP or IP4 in the list and double-click it.
Near the bottom you can set the DNS servers for the connection. Enter 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then close both windows by clicking OK.

YES! Thanks Khris!

Now, Could you please explain me what I have just done?  :grin: :-D
Definetly it wasn't magic...
PizzaNostra!

Ryan Timothy B

(laugh) I guess I had skipped passed your post Khris and hadn't noticed you were explaining the same thing, with directions. Doh. (I'm an idiot)

Edit: What Khris got you to do was change your DNS nameserver lookup to Google. Your previous DNS couldn't find "www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk" and wouldn't redirect you to the proper IP address.

Khristian Cammilleri

Ok! thanks you both... Now I can finally post my game in the "Coming soon" section!  :-D
PizzaNostra!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk