Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots

Started by CaptainD, Mon 21/05/2012 19:37:39

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

The game has been released! Check out the completed games thread (link below) for details on how to get it!
>> COMPLETED GAMES THREAD <<

Teaser Trailer 2:

Teaser Trailer:

Gameplay Video:

Current progress:   
Act I is 100% done
Act II is 100% done
Act III is 90% done (or thereabouts)

Plot Synopsis:

Captain Disaster takes a job delivering a package from Acturus-1 to Proboscis Major - not realising that he is actually transporting something that will put the entire galaxy in danger!  Though just getting the package in the first place is quite a challenge in itself...

Our intrepid nitwit investigates interesting peculiar people, puzzling places and panicky problems along the way to saving the day, once he finally realises that something is wrong.  Expect lots of laughs and head-scratching dilemmas before you reach the shocking conclusion and find out what all this "Million Stomping Boots" business is actually about!

Game Details:
- Classic point-and-click adventure gaming action with a few new twists
- Retro 320x200 resolution graphics
- Fully voiced
- Epic music score
- Plenty of puzzles
- Plenty of adventure
- Plenty of comedy

Distribution and Release Date Plans: TBC

Sponsorship - Captain Disaster in Death Has a Million Stomping Boots is sponsored by gaming cryptocurrency GoldPieces.

The team behind the game:

(AGS members in bold.)

- CaptainD - Lead Designer, Voice Acting, SFX
- The Bit Priest - Lead Developer, Voice Acting
- LTGiants2000 - Voice acting, Testing
- Taxler Endiosk - Additional Coding and graphics
- King Seamus - Music
- Josh Merrick - Music
- Diamond16 - Music
- ThreeOhFour - Backrgound graphics (Act III)
- Adoxographist - Voice Acting
- Clare-Louise Price - Voice Acting
- Viking - Voice Acting
- Mande - Voice Acting, Testing
- Arj0n - Testing
- Cat - Testing
- Tabata - Testing
- Mandle - Testing
- LostTrainDude - Testing
- Slasher - Sound file editing
- WHAM - Additional Graphics and Voice Acting
- NickyNyce - Additional Graphics and animation
- SidneySacchi - Testing
- (Jr McManus) - Additional Graphics
- (Jr BitPriest) - Voice Acting

Screenshots

(Check out the Dev Blog for the latest info!)

LTGiants2000

This one is great guys, I've had the privilege of doing some voice work with Dave (CaptainD) on this one and simply as a fan I am excited!! Congrats Dave and best of luck!

-Rob

steptoe

Sounds like a game after your own heart CaptainD  ;)

A comedy sci-fi adventure game with a complete absence of Roger Wilco!
How could you  :~(

Sounds mindbogglingly, nitwittyly good  ;)

It's not over until the fat lady sings..

CaptainD

Quote from: steptoe on Mon 21/05/2012 19:49:42
Sounds like a game after your own heart CaptainD  ;)

Yep!  :-D :-D

"A comedy sci-fi adventure game with a complete absence of Roger Wilco!"

How could you  :~(

Sorry, I'll see if I can smuggle him in somewhere!

Sounds mindbogglingly, nitwittyly good  ;)

Hmm, I think you've just invented a new word.  "Nitwittyly"... just rolls of the tongue, doesn't it?!   (roll)

LTGiants2000

Hmm...something tells me people think this is a simple "Space Quest" rip-off and aren't paying attention to it. ALERT! This is NOT a Space Quest rip-off, it is very unique, original and funny (not to mention well voiced) ;)!

I guess we will just have to wait until there is a demo released to prove it!

CaptainD

Quote from: LTGiants2000 on Mon 28/05/2012 16:34:34
I guess we will just have to wait until there is a demo released to prove it!

To be fair I don't exactly have a track record of having released great games (or even any games) in the past, so people are more than likely unsure if this will actually get released - which is fair enough.

But I'll back you up on the not being a Space Quest rip-off, since I've hardly ever played any of the SQ games!!

kconan

"Proboscis Major" made me chuckle.  Good luck on development.

CaptainD

Quote from: kconan on Tue 29/05/2012 02:46:52

Thanks KC!

Though it's not going to be in the demo (which we will hopefully release next week - it's mostly done but needs a few tweaks and a but of bug-testing before we unleash it on an unsuspecting public) - I've been playing around with transporter graphics.  This isn't final (and we may have got a new background artist, who might tidy up my amateurish work at some stage!)   

Updated version - I'm much happier with the last few frames now. 8-)

LTGiants2000

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 31/05/2012 15:10:13
Quote from: kconan on Tue 29/05/2012 02:46:52

Thanks KC!

Though it's not going to be in the demo (which we will hopefully release next week - it's mostly done but needs a few tweaks and a but of bug-testing before we unleash it on an unsuspecting public) - I've been playing around with transporter graphics.  This isn't final (and we may have got a new background artist, who might tidy up my amateurish work at some stage!)   The end few frames of this animation aren't right, but I'm pretty happy with the rest of it.

Oh yea, I like the transporter animations!! I feel like I'm suffocating just watching them haha

CaptainD

First post updated with new estimated release date of demo, and updated team members.

We're not actually behind schedule for releasing the demo, we've just put it back because we're including a lot more in the demo than originally planned - I'm pleased to say that development is still going very well.  More news soon!

I've also replaced the link to a sampler reel with an .ogg file instead of the stupidly big .wav file I had there - (not quite sure why I didn't do that in the first place!).

Paul Franzen

Looks great! I love the 2D Portal cube.

Question: Would it be annoying or helpful if I pointed out that there's a typo in the third screenshot?
The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

CaptainD

Quote from: Paul Franzen on Thu 07/06/2012 15:34:51
Question: Would it be annoying or helpful if I pointed out that there's a typo in the third screenshot?

[glow]Helpful![/glow] :-D

Thanks for that.  I'm pretty sure only the text will need changing - I'm pretty sure I voiced it as delivering!!

Paul Franzen

Phew! I'm glad I could be of assistance! You never know if you're gonna get a response like yours, or some grumbling about "nitpicking" and "grammar Nazi" and "this isn't English class."
The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

CaptainD

Heh, I've been accused of being a grammar Nazi myself at times!

(My game will of course contain a disclaimer that all grammatical and typographical errors in the game are not in fact errors, but intentional misphrases misspellings. :))

LTGiants2000

Quote from: Paul Franzen on Thu 07/06/2012 16:03:39
Phew! I'm glad I could be of assistance! You never know if you're gonna get a response like yours, or some grumbling about "nitpicking" and "grammar Nazi" and "this isn't English class."

For sure help is always appreciated, wouldn't want to launch this puppy with typos! Many of these screen shots are earlier versions however, we've had a lot change since then I believe.

CaptainD

Yeah I guess I should post some up to date screenshots really.  This shows how the ship's cockpit it beginning to come alive:

steptoe

Sleeping on the job again...  (laugh)

Typos... well, I can be accused of that... Mind you, many people don't 'speak' English correctly. Know what I mean 'Arry?   

Good luck with the game and soon release.

8-)

LTGiants2000

Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots OFFICIAL TRAILER ON YOUTUBE NOW!!

[embed=425,349]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ehgaxIVuBIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

(here is the direct link if you prefer: http://youtu.be/ehgaxIVuBIk)

Check this thread for updates and release dates and THANKS for all the community support!

steptoe

Looks neat guys :) 8-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk