Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots

Started by CaptainD, Mon 21/05/2012 19:37:39

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

More screenshots... I think we're done now.  Will be sending the updated screenshot pack to adventure game sites etc soon.  Will be updating the first post in this thread with the up-to-date screenshots and information too.  I also need to give the dev blog a bit of a rehash and update it more frequently.

These are all partial screenshots - we don't want to give too much away, but we want to show you as much of the game in action as possible.

CaptainD

Thanks Shaun ;-D

I'm just tying up details of a pre-order / investment plan for the game using the crytpocurrency that sponsors it, "GoldPieces".  I don't know how much interest this will generate in the crypto community, and suspect that very few regular gamers are going to want to invest in an altcoin (basically any type of cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin) just to pre-order our game.  But we feel it's something worth pursuing, especially as it will be (to the very best of our knowledge, "us" including the dev of GoldPieces) a world first.

I have posted about this and another Captain Disaster related update on the dev blog that people who've played the other CD game (Dark Side of the Moon) might be interested in: http://www.captaindisasterthecomputergame.com/2016/03/updates.html

CaptainD

Updated first post - man so much of that was well out of date, I should have done that a long time ago.  Sorry! 8-0

(Also - thanks Shaun! :smiley:)

oareaso

I like the nose lady a lot! :-D Looking forward to it!

Creamy

QuotePerhaps voicing every character myself wasn't the best idea - it seemed like a good one at the time for some reason!
I can't wait to hear you dub the nose lady :-D

Good luck with the pre-orders!

CaptainD

Quote from: Creamy on Fri 08/04/2016 15:32:44
QuotePerhaps voicing every character myself wasn't the best idea - it seemed like a good one at the time for some reason!
I can't wait to hear you dub the nose lady :-D

Um... did I really say I would be doing ALL of the voices?  (I am for the other, much smaller Captain Disaster game - Dark Side of the Moon - but not this one!!)

Quote from: Creamy on Fri 08/04/2016 15:32:44
Good luck with the pre-orders!

I've decided not to go ahead with the pre-orders just now.  I'm not happy about the idea of taking people's money when I don't yet have a confirmed release date!

Thanks everyone for the comments and interest. ;-D  (If you like the "nose lady" then wait till you see... ah I can't really tell you, but you'll love the character, I promise ;))

Danvzare

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 08/04/2016 19:25:16
If you like the "nose lady" then wait till you see... ah I can't really tell you, but you'll love the character, I promise ;)
Let me guess, she sneezes. (laugh)

Slasher

QuoteThese are all partial screenshots - we don't want to give too much away
You are a teaser Captain (laugh)

Looking good ;)

CaptainD

Quote from: slasher on Fri 08/04/2016 20:26:08
QuoteThese are all partial screenshots - we don't want to give too much away
You are a teaser Captain (laugh)

Looking good ;)

One must leave an element of mystery, you know! ;):-D

AnasAbdin

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 09/04/2016 14:55:11

Oh Dave oh Dave.. I feel unbelievably happy when I check this thread  ;-D

CaptainD

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Mon 11/04/2016 11:04:46
Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 09/04/2016 14:55:11

Oh Dave oh Dave.. I feel unbelievably happy when I check this thread  ;-D

Haha glad to hear it mate! :-D

We're getting towards the completion of Act III, will be going back and adding / improving some graphics and animation, then adding voice acting and some more SFX.  It's all coming together quite nicely.

CaptainD

Very soon we will be posting some exciting news about the game.  But in the meantime...

If you would like to read the stories (and possibly make a voluntary payment for them, but it's perfectly okay to download them for free) - I've released a new eBook edition of the 11 short stories to date on itch.io.

Also I've released the fully voiced version of my other CD game, Captain Disaster in The Dark Side of the Moon.  Just in case anyone needs it, I've posted a walkthrough.

Watch this space...

CaptainD

Voice acting is now well underway!  Many thanks to Mandle for joining the voice cast and to Slasher for helping with the file editing.

Mandle

I start my voice acting tomorrow!!! Soooo nervous and yet soooo excited at the same time...

The reason for being nervous is that I have actually gotten to play the game: A game so legendary in its development cycle that few AGSers believe that it actually exists (data acquired through a conclusive polling of 1 AGSer)...

And I have seen the glory of what IS DHAMSB (say the acronym out loud...It's fun!)

NO REALLY!

SAY IT!!!
>:(

You may only continue to read this post after you have said it:

Spoiler

Naw...you didn't really say it: It's written all over your face... So now go look in the mirror and say it, but remember that now you have to read it backwards...
Spoiler
Okay...I'm willing to believe you for now...But a certain character will be watching you closely with at least three or four of his ten(?) eyes...
Spoiler

So yeah...reason for being nervous is that the game is exactly that awesome! What?...You were expecting spoilers? For shaaaame...
[close]

My reason for being excited is that I get to voice the character most pivotal to the plot:
Spoiler

Captain Disaster
Spoiler

The Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Spoiler

The Dentist
Spoiler

Captain Disaster
Spoiler

The Maestro
Spoiler

Mandle
Spoiler

A Small Lump Of Green Putty I Found In My Armpit One Midsummer Morning
Spoiler

**Some dude**
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

..zoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoozoo...
[close]

CaptainD

Haha thanks Mandle! 

The new voice acting by Mandle and SinSin is great btw. ;-D

Oh and one final piece of news - not directly for Captain Disaster, but for all my game creation, voice acting and blogging endeavours - I've started up a Patreon campaign.  Any support will be very much appreciated!  (CD coming out is in no way dependent on getting a certain level of funding, btw - it will happen anyway!)

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 19/06/2016 14:54:44
The new voice acting by Mandle and SinSin is great btw. ;-D

Well, where's my new link to download that build???

My ego demands to hear itself in full Sir-round-alot sound! :-D

CaptainD

Just a quick note to say that work on this is progressing well and voice acting is getting very near to completion.  ;-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk