Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots

Started by CaptainD, Mon 21/05/2012 19:37:39

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Just a quick production update:

Our Act III backgrounds will be done by none other than ThreeOhFour, and we also have LocutusOfBored doing some great animations for us now. 

More news / videos (I hope) soon!

kaput

Sounds good, Dave! Looking forward to seeing it all in action.

miguel

Keep it up guys! You are being talked a lot over the internet (good things!) and adding Ben to the crew is like having Spielberg helping out!

Working on a RON game!!!!!

DBoyWheeler

CaptainD

Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Sun 28/07/2013 19:49:53
Sounds good, Dave! Looking forward to seeing it all in action.

I think you mean playing the game itself, but I also keep promising videos and haven't delivered yet - we WILL get some videos out soon, just had a few... erm... technical problems so far.  >:(

Quote from: miguel on Mon 29/07/2013 12:50:16
Keep it up guys! You are being talked a lot over the internet (good things!) and adding Ben to the crew is like having Spielberg helping out!

Thanks Miguel!  It would be interesting to know what Spielberg's reaction would be if we did ask him to help!!  (laugh)

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Tue 30/07/2013 02:01:15
Is than an NES in that one room?!  ROFL!

Something like that, but we'll probably call it a Z-Box 4680.   (roll)

miguel

It's too big to be the Dreamcast anyway...Shenmue? Dreamcast? No?
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Adder

Loving that speeder showroom! Especially that one in the back that looks like it might be good at bringing down Imperial walkers ;-D. Also really like the angles.

CaptainD

Quote from: Adder on Wed 31/07/2013 16:27:54
Especially that one in the back that looks like it might be good at bringing down Imperial walkers ;-D.

Yes, that's one of our less subtle references.  Although most of our references have all the subtlety of a brick wrapped in a lettuce leaf come to think of it...  (roll)

TheBitPriest

[blushing]  Thanks guys!  I know the backgrounds aren't perfect, but I'm trying to make "the look" all flow together.  We're getting there...  We have some great help coming on board, and the music is fantastic.

CaptainD

You can listen to Diamond16's brilliant music in the following video - a quick walk around the marketplace (spoiler-free!):

[embed=640,480]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUO6jXn-DaA[/embed]

(Nuts I can't get the videos to embed properly, sorry links only for the moment!)

and also here:

[embed=640,480]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIVi-DEfoug[/embed]

I like the Speeder Showroom music a lot, but I have to admit it - I'm actually addicted to the marketplace music, it's brilliant!

Also a walk around of some of the locations (music by Josh Merrick apart from the Speeder Showroom):

[embed=640,480]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mlR0cqkfAA[/embed]

LTGiants2000

The music is so well done, bravo! @Diamond16 great job on all pieces & great background art too @TheBitPriest!

Diamond16

Oh wow, this is really exciting! *shamelessly shares videos with all her friends*

Thanks a lot @LTGiants2000, it has been a lot of fun :)

LTGiants2000

You're welcome @Diamond16.....I was actually jamming to the Speeder Showroom tune when I was working on some of the art the other day.....gives me such great "monkey island" vibes!   

Adeel

I'm waiting for this one to release, meanwhile I'll play your and Sunny Penguin's games. :)

Volcan

Captain D: which software do you use to record videos?

Mine can't recording sound.

CaptainD

Quote from: Volcan on Fri 16/08/2013 01:15:06
Captain D: which software do you use to record videos?

Mine can't recording sound.

Sorry, I'll have to let LTGiants2000 answer that - I've never successfully managed to get my video capture to record sound either!

Volcan

LOL. Alright. I'll ask help somewhere.

BTW: I enjoyed your videos.

LTGiants2000

@Volcan I use Camtasia, it's not free (as I was given a copy through my job) however there is a free trial available:

http://discover.techsmith.com/camtasia-screen-recording

Also I did not record the audio with these videos, I actually added audio (mp3's) to the video when editing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk