AGS Development > Engine Development

AGS engine Linux port

(1/138) > >>

BigMc:
AGS works nicely on Linux (32 and 64 bit) now. It supports games created with AGS 2.50 and higher.

There are instructions how to build AGS at

https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/blob/master/debian/README.md

Please report bugs in the AGS issue tracker.

EDIT: Removed most of the old text about multiarch etc., because AGS got native 64 bit support. :)

JJS:
Thanks!

I will make it so that you can just give the game exe as parameter instead of renaming it to ac2game.dat. Also I thought about incorporating the PE reading code from the PSP launcher so that the game data is automatically found if you pass the game directory as parameter to the engine.

Furthermore plugin support for all platforms and also builtin plugins for all should be just around the corner.

Then the next thing is making the OpenGL driver more general (at the moment it is tuned to the needs of the mobile platforms) so that it works on Linux/Mac too.

BigMc:
Nice. I will see if I can make the midi playback of allegro work out of the box by using some patches that are already in Debian.

EDIT: I just realized that the 64 bit stuff doesn't work like this on Debian unstable until libaldmb was rebuilt against liballegro4.4. That will take another couple of days I think.

JJS:

--- Quote from: JJS on 04 Jun 2012, 21:40 ---I will make it so that you can just give the game exe as parameter instead of renaming it to ac2game.dat. Also I thought about incorporating the PE reading code from the PSP launcher so that the game data is automatically found if you pass the game directory as parameter to the engine.

Furthermore plugin support for all platforms and also builtin plugins for all should be just around the corner.

--- End quote ---
These two things are now implemented.

BigMc:
Splendid! I updated the Wiki. I gave up on the midi patches front for now. The only patchset in Debian that has similar quality to the one you're suggesting is in the wrong format and converting it results in brokenness. And outputting raw ALSA midi and using that with Timidity doesn't seem to work. Maybe that's broken in Allegro. At least I found out that the patches.dat is found by Allegro when residing in the home folder and doesn't need to be in /usr/bin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version