0 (0%)
Sunday (16th)
0 (0%)
Both! (15th & 16th)
16 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Sun 16/12/2012 13:29:57

AGA

You will have all received a spam an important message from me about this today.  Thanks to everyone who responded; I'll keep m0ds updated of the info, but won't reply to everyone individually as that'd take forever!

m0ds

Quote from: Eric on Tue 18/09/2012 15:15:50
My disappeared message encouraged you to make formal plans to video and distribute AdvX2012 panels for those of use who won't be able to attend (but donated partially because of the potential for videos).

Your post also mentioned some kind of error, but I'm sorry sir - as far as I can tell it doesn't stem from my end. I've looked into it and couldn't find any issues. You'll also notice that no-one else has had a problem with it so it's possibly an issue your end?

Andail, thank you!Happy to show TSP on your behalf in some shape or form too if you want.

magintz

I've just donated, but I'm sceptical about the pricing structure. If everyone donates $50 (a reasonable but generous average amount) then you're expecting ~45 people to attend. I think last year we had about 15?

I like the idea of it being free, but I think more emphasis needs to be made on the people who actually want to attend i.e. that a $15 contribution is only about £4.50 a day and this could put a lot of burden on either other supporters or on there needing to be greater numbers e.g. if everyone donates $15 you'd need about 150 people to donate. I think having it in dollars might confuse some people about the worth of their donation. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for 150 avid adventure fans meeting, but not sure if it's a reality (on the norm).

I really want to be a part of this and see this thing succeed but I am slightly worried about it meeting its targets without some kind of big marketing strategy. Also the jump from £30 ($50) to £60 ($100) is quite large.

These are my thoughts, thought I'd voice my concerns. Have you reached out to the indie communities (IGDA et al) or got in contact with any blogs or digital publishers about trying to get a little shameless plug?
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

m0ds

Good points Gary. Going to add a whole bunch of other pledge amounts, we have lots of promotion on the go at the mo, should be a few articles going up this week, still early days but a few people are involved and you're welcome to get in behind the scenes and help with promotion if you want. IndieGoGo won't show pounds for some reason, annoying.

I'll get in touch with them about it. And I understand your concern about the numbers and stuff. Wasn't really enough time to figure it all out beforehand, just get on with it and try make it happen...time is short! :) We can get 250 people in a day, of course if 250 have pledged they're the ones allowed in!!

As you know we're still dipping our toes in the water running a public event like this - still early days of refinement in all areas, but it's going to be a fun event if it does happen this year, certainly. Thanks for pledging :) Your money returned if it doesn't work out, and I can't gamble the risk of running a ticketed event - unless you or Berian wants to front £750? ;)

PS. The total number of visitors last year was about 50 individuals over the weekend. But guessing the number of people isn't worth it, it's too random, and now we have a new venue, new location, it'd be even harder to try and guess. But if we can get 50 individuals passing through the doors a day, that'd be excellent!

magintz

Cool stuff, glad to hear. Will be spreading the good word. That word being adventure.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Eric

Quote from: m0ds on Mon 24/09/2012 15:44:45Your post also mentioned some kind of error, but I'm sorry sir - as far as I can tell it doesn't stem from my end.

I think the issue must have been with IndieGogo then. When I submitted, it said, "Campaign owner may not have set up Paypal correctly." Probably a server error or something. I resubmitted today. You should now have my (meager) donation!

m0ds

m0ds

You'll be able to see & listen to the designer giving a short presentation on his upcoming game Johnny Hurricane..

His name is Technocrat of course!

The Donut

Have you considered contacting the fine gentlemen at Rock Paper Shotgun in order to help spread the word? I'm sure this is something they would gladly write about. I'll definitely be there if it doesn't clash with my graduation dates.

Azure

RPS is on our to contact list thanks for the reminder, do you know if there's a specific person we should contact or if we just need to use the generic contact information?
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

m0ds

I have a couple of contacts there I will try.

SelakSalamSalak

I guess you guys already booked the venue so is probably too late but I just found out about this event. Maybe for 2013 you can book Google Campus for free. Read HOLDING YOUR EVENT AT CAMPUS http://www.campuslondon.com/events/
The company I work for asked if they can hold a gamejam in December when Ludum Dare announces the date and googlecampus said yes.

m0ds

Nice! People have mentioned Google before... so it's certainly one to keep on the list for future events, thanks!

m0ds

Anyone who's contributed via IndieGoGo, did the update reach your inbox? It begins with:

Hooray! The AdventureX campaign passed the $500 mark, thank you!

I'm asking because it didn't come through to my email, which is unusual because updates on my other campaigns go to email fine.

Ali

Eric

Privateer Puddin'

m0ds

Cheers guys, I've emailed their support team because it should have been delivered to all.

Peder 🚀

Looks like I won't be able to help fund this for this year nor attend.
My current financial status is not very good atm :undecided:

I hope this becomes funded though and that AdventureX 2012 becomes a success ;).

m0ds

We've passed the half way mark, thanks AGS!! I'll be writing the first full newsletter with special guest interviews and game previews over this week, contributors will be sent a link very soon (and there's still time to pledge and get the first newsletter).

Various folk have got in touch about showcasing their games, exhibiting or just willing to send me a build for people to play at the event - if that includes you, do get in touch with me here or through email. Thanks :)

Also, it took a while, and I still owe 2 videos, but here is:

A PDF of all the 2011 newsletters (46 pages) with lots of interviews, AGS games and previous event info. And enjoy how I refer to Nick Garafola as a woman. I will be checking facts with 1% more scrutiny this time round, I promise! ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk