Background Blitz - Food Glorious Food - Deadline extended - 8th July

Started by Purange, Fri 15/06/2012 23:58:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Purange

Food Glorious Food

Adventure games are often about communicating with others, and nothing brings people together quite like food does.
It can be any location which deals with food, be it a bakery, market, cafe, restaurant or kitchens there are many places you could go.

Your background doesn't have to show copious amounts of food in it either, I just picked the ones up there because I want to make you all hungry.
No real restrictions other than the background being AGS compatible

Deadline for entries is on the 30th of June

Extended to the 8th of July

Good luck everyone and bon appetit!

oraxon

A closeup for a kitchen puzzle involving a recipe. Pick the proper spice. Try to avoid the poison.

I rendered it in Maya first, to get the perspective and shadows and all that. Then painted over it, crunched it down in MS Paint.

Mouth for war

mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

oraxon

Thanks! I just got some tricks, that's all. :)

update: since Frito Master asked - I modeled basic bottle shapes from cylinders in Maya. Stretched them for variation. Added 3 directional lights. Rendered with Mental Ray & raytraced shadows.

In Photoshop, I traced everything with a pencil, using a Wacom tablet. Colored and added detail. Then I downsized and lowered the bit depth in MS Paint because Grundislav said on BlueCupTools podcast that he does that.

Then I touched it up in Photoshop 'cause I didn't do the MS Paint part right. :)

Misj'

I was working on something, but due to personal reasons I couldn't continue on it (and it was only in the very early stages...but döner kebab was - naturally - included, and that counts for something!). Still, it was a good theme, and I like Oraxon's entry.

Here's a small teaser as to where I was going style-wise:
The final image was to be a cartoony park-scene revolving around a kebab-stand.

I'm sorry I couldn't join.

Purange

Ah, such a great idea for a puzzle oraxon and fantastic pair of characters Misj!

Im not sure here, do I extend the deadline? or does Oraxon win by default here?

oraxon

If you want to extend the deadline, I don't object. I'd rather see more art.
(cool kebab guys, Misj'!)

Purange

super stuff it'd be lovely to see some more art wouldnt it, I'll extend the deadline by another week :)

Deadline for entries is extended to 8th July

oraxon

Shall I start the next Blitz?
I was thinking the next theme could be: Under the Influence

Purange

oops yes fire away!, sounds like it will be a fun theme! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk