Black Sect Remake

Started by Shadow1000, Mon 18/06/2012 14:48:19

Previous topic - Next topic

A. B.

Digging this thread up!
I'm stuck pretty near the beginning. 
Spoiler
There's two directions available, north and east (and the tavern).  East leads to a hanged dwarf and a fox.  Can't get any further, can't seem to interact with the locked door, can't get any of the other items (rope, dwarf, fox) to do anything.  North leads eventually to a pass guarded by a farmer who won't let me past unless given a ring.  Dogged pixel-hunting of all the areas I can get to has not revealed a ring.  I have a bar, a coin and a cake of soap.  The hint just says to get the spellbook.  There's a couple of dots at the "bridge of silence" scene that look as if they might be something, but if so I can't click on them because the "to the village" arrow kicks in before you get there.
[close]
Anyone know what to do next?

A. B.

And wouldn't you know, almost as soon as I'd posted that, I found another possible route to take from the bridge, which I'd already searched in detail several times and not discovered that arrow.  Getting on quite fast (well, I'm stuck again now - is the tramp supposed to be gone when you get back with the bread? - but maybe I'll get it).

HandsFree

Yes.
Spoiler
The tramp will return later.
[close]
I believe the hint button will give a more specific clue once you got past the farmer, depending on what you've done so far.

A. B.

Thanks!

Flummoxed again.  I've got quite a lot further, but
Spoiler
I don't know how to get into the chapel.  The hint says "Dead bodies are worth examining too", but neither the hanged dwarf, the skull, or even the tombstones are turning up anything.  Neither is anything else that I've tried.
[close]

HandsFree

Spoiler
The hint refers to the dwarf. You should cut him loose. Do you have a (sharp) knife?
[close]
Spoiler
If the knife is blunt the farmer can help.
[close]

This has no relation to the chapel though. That will be available a bit later.

A. B.

Spoiler
The knife is blunt and the farmer left before I got the knife (it was in the tunnel that you can't reach until he's left) and is not in any of the areas I know about.  In the "barren lands" area, is it meant to be possible to cross the river at the tree trunk?
[close]

HandsFree

Spoiler
I believe you have to use the knife on the rope to establish that it is blunt.
If you also have received the pin from the washer, the farmer should be back at the northern passage (maybe exit and enter again if he's not there).

You can not cross the river at the barren lands.
[close]

A. B.

Thanks.  Well, I thought I'd already done that, but maybe the flag got lost while re-loading or something, because
Spoiler
after trying the knife on the rope (I'd already got the pin), the farmer is back.  But he won't sharpen the knife unless he gets "a piece of gold".  I've tried offering him the knife and I've tried offering him the coin, and I've even tried offering him the pin, but for both the pin and the coin he just says "You'd better keep that".  Is there a bug, or do I need a different coin for that?  Or maybe it doesn't recognise the two different coins as the same?  There are at least two.  This is the one from the chapel.
[close]

A. B.

Never mind, I worked it out!  :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk