Rock, Paper, Scissors REBOOTED!! :)

Started by SinSin, Tue 25/06/2013 17:34:13

Previous topic - Next topic

SinSin

Hey everyone..

Are you bored??? Why not pass the time with ...
AGS Rock, Paper, Scissors

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

No Screenshots but you will see why lol

*Debug Removed
Currently working on a project!

wisnoskij

I do not know how this one works, but I played an online version with really tough AI before.

Crimson Wizard

Hahahahahahahaha  :grin:

BTW, you forgot to turn Debug mode off.

Version 2 should have a room and two animated characters.

Slasher

Hi,

Concept: good
Gameplay: fair
Player interest: poor / fair

As Crimson states:
QuoteVersion 2 should have a room and two animated characters.
This will make it more playable and therefore more enjoyable.

Well done for a first game ;)

Stupot

Hehe, Good one, but you could add a lot of extra touches.

How about adding little rock, paper, scissors buttons so that the player doesn't have to type at all.

You could even make it a two player game by assigning three keyboard keys to two players, like so:

Player 1Player 2
RockQO
PaperAK
ScissorsZM
And then two players can cover their end of the keyboard so that his opponent can't see it, and face off against each other until the early hours of the night.  Make it into a drinking game :D

SinSin

Thanks for the comments so far
whoops about the debug

Will be starting Version 2 Very soon stay tuned folks

Adeel

Just downloaded and played now (did I mention I won four times in a row? (laugh)). Simple yet effective game. Great Job! You may also use this as a mini-game for your long term project. Stupot+ has given some good suggestions. You may implement them as you see fit.

Thank you for giving me credit. So nice of you. :) Your game once again proves that AGS is much more than just an adventure game engine. Congratulations Sinsin, on releasing your first game.

Khris

I'm sorry, but the UI is an exercise in bad design. Typing the choice out, then hitting a button, then another one...?
I get that this was mostly an exercise in coding and you just pieced it together from the parts and that's fine, but still...

So, homework for version 2: three buttons, labeled "rock", "paper" and "scissors". Clicking one of them will immediately display the outcome.
Go!

SinSin

Thanks for the input.. as you say it was a coding exercise.
I can do the button idea no problem, but I have never used a text box in any of my previous coding Experiments.
I WILL make this better

stay tuned

Ghost

Bland presentation aside, I like these mini games. Fun, and prabably a nice exercise.

Small rule variation, maybe? Like this:
[imgzoom]http://cdn103.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/136/303/719/big-bang-theory-rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock-shirt-cbd7.jpg[/imgzoom]

SinSin

Quick update

Rock, Paper, Scissors V2 is well into dev.
The game now contains a point system, an easy to use interface and fancy new buttons to click mmmmmmm buttons..

To go with the new version I am writing a short story to go with it, the story will have characters and locations (not going to tell anything just now).

the only thing holding me up at the minute are work commitments and wedding planning ... Please stay tuned!

Radiant

Quote from: Ghost on Wed 26/06/2013 21:36:13
Small rule variation, maybe? Like this:
I'll see your Spock and rise you a nuke...

SinSin

Hello just a quick update..

I have done a overhaul on my Rock, Paper, Scissors game and now it is available for you to download.
The game is now easier to play with it's simple push button interface and a primitive tug of war style point system. It even has a move counter included.

Enjoy and please comment :-D

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1837/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk