Jacqueline White; Curse of the Mummies DEMO

Started by Shadow1000, Wed 22/06/2016 03:24:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

This game sure is PACKED with puzzles! I've progressed slowly but surely...

I'm stuck at the
Spoiler
safe in the house. The hint says that I saw a 3 digit number. But I haven't! Also, does anyone know what the room at the right side of the house with the crazy flying things is for? I can't seem to do anything in there
[close]

SHADOW

Grok

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 22/06/2016 03:24:26
This game sure is PACKED with puzzles! I've progressed slowly but surely...

I'm stuck at the
Spoiler
safe in the house. The hint says that I saw a 3 digit number. But I haven't! Also, does anyone know what the room at the right side of the house with the crazy flying things is for? I can't seem to do anything in there
[close]

SHADOW

I hope you are enjoying yourself :)

safe
Spoiler
Look at the wall around the door to the room from the outside
[close]

crazy
Spoiler
Look for a red balloon
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Grok on Wed 22/06/2016 05:10:20

safe
Spoiler
Look at the wall around the door to the room from the outside
[close]

I completely missed that! Thanks!

crazy
Spoiler
Look for a red balloon
[close]

Ok got it. With your help I finished the demo. I have a lot of comments and I assume that's the reason to release the demo. Would you prefer that I PM you with my feedback or that I post on the main forum? I would prefer for others to see my comments because some people will agree and some will disagree and you might get better feedback that way. However, I don't want to give away too much of the game to people who haven't played. It's up to you.

SHADOW

Grok

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 22/06/2016 15:02:14

Ok got it. With your help I finished the demo. I have a lot of comments and I assume that's the reason to release the demo. Would you prefer that I PM you with my feedback or that I post on the main forum? I would prefer for others to see my comments because some people will agree and some will disagree and you might get better feedback that way. However, I don't want to give away too much of the game to people who haven't played. It's up to you.

SHADOW

We love to have feedback. I agree that comments in the forum is the better way to go. You could use the hide-tags if you feel that something might be to much of a spoiler. That way anyone that want to find out for themselves could refrain from opening that text. 

Grok

On flying the plane in the flight simulator

[embed=640,450]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ivdegZY1Vc[/embed]

Since I've got some feedback (in the forums and outside)on people crashing with the plane I will post a couple of tips on how to fly the plane and avoid crashing. Nothing in this is meant to be secret and to be something the player necessarily should learn the hard way, so I'm not putting this inside hide tags. If you want to find out for yourself, you should stop reading now.

If you touches the ground with the plane, you crash. You can only land on the landing strip. More on that later.

You can see your altitude on the altitude meter to the left on the screen. When you get very low you will see the shadow of the plane on the ground. Stay away from the ground and you will not crash.

You gain altitude by pulling the stick towards you (positioning the cursor closer to the bottom of the page) and goes downwards by pushing the stick away from you. The further away from the middle you go the steeper than ascent or descent will be. To go up you also will have to have a sufficient amount of speed. You control the throttle with the mouse buttons. You have a speed meter to right/bottom.

Keeping the cursor in the middle area will keep the plane steady, if you have enough speed.

You turn the plane by moving the stick (cursor) left or right. The further you move the stick the sharper the turn will be. If you make a very sharp turn landmarks will move by faster.

There are lines on the screen to help you see where you have the neutral middle ground for the stick action.

To orient you have a compass in the top left corner showing in what direction you are flying. When lost start circling till you find a landmark. You should probably avoid turning to sharply. When you find a landmark fly towards it, then circle to find the next landmark. Repeat until you find the landing strip.

Landing on the landing strip

Fly in low over the landing strip. A landing symbol will appear over the plane. Click it and the plane lands.

Don't try to land by lowering the plane until it touches the ground at the airstrip. It will not work. You will crash. Maybe that option will be added in a later version, but for now don't try to do that.

Fly safely and don't forget to save before you go flying, if you want to make certain that you will not lose the progress you made up to that point.

sthomannch

Just started on this demo, looks really good and is fun. Good puzzles. But I'm stuck.
Spoiler

In the room with the harp. I have seen the numbers on the left wall and tried them on the harp, going from left to right, right to left, up-down etc. and with the numbers of heads reversed. Other than that I only got one head in this room. I have three heads, ank, tools, book, telegram. The hints suggest that I can perhaps do something else than play the harp, but I don't know what or if this is a red herring
[close]
Found it!

Accidentally found the right pixel, this is a good one!, haha

Grok

Quote from: sthomannch on Sun 17/07/2016 21:08:28
Just started on this demo, looks really good and is fun. Good puzzles. But I'm stuck.
  ---------
Found it!

Accidentally found the right pixel, this is a good one!, haha

Glad you liked it :)

I have now also added a movie with instructions on how to fly in the "minigame" in the earlier post on flying.

AndyfromVA

At the very beginning but I'm stuck already.  Help!

Spoiler
I'm in the cave but I can't figure out how to open the three doors.  I know it has something to do with the three sisters, Alnitac, Alnilam and Mintaka, but which buttons I push to open the doors?
[close]

Grok

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Sat 30/07/2016 19:33:29
At the very beginning but I'm stuck already.  Help!

Spoiler
I'm in the cave but I can't figure out how to open the three doors.  I know it has something to do with the three sisters, Alnitac, Alnilam and Mintaka, but which buttons I push to open the doors?
[close]

Three sisters, hint
Spoiler
What is the name of the star sign (not each sisters name)? Talk to the girl. She will tell you.
[close]

Three sisters, direct answer
Spoiler
  The old name for the three stars are;  Sirat 
[close]

Which buttons
Spoiler
The buttons represents letters. On each button is the face of a god or goddess. Look in the guide book what the names of the gods are.
[close]

AndyfromVA

Grok

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Sun 31/07/2016 00:30:49
Thanks, stuck again but working on it.

Have you tried to use the hints system?

AndyfromVA

I thoroughly enjoyed the demo.  Well done!!

Grok

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Tue 02/08/2016 21:46:29
I thoroughly enjoyed the demo.  Well done!!

Thank you. I'm very glad you liked it.
I do very much appreciate that you said that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk