Author Topic: What song are you listening to right now?  (Read 33640 times)

Racoon

• you may say I´m a dreamer..
    • I can help with animation
    • I can help with making music
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with story design
    • I can help with translating
Re: What song are you listening to right now?
« Reply #500 on: 03 Nov 2020, 23:04 »
I might have shared this before, but we've been playing Hollow Knight again. The soundtrack is very nice:

Yay Hollowknight! I absolutly can´t wait for Silksong to be released :) Maybe in the meantime I will try "Celeste", it is said to be a little similar.

« Reply #501 on: 04 Nov 2020, 05:16 »
I might have shared this before, but we've been playing Hollow Knight again. The soundtrack is very nice:

Yay Hollowknight! I absolutly can´t wait for Silksong to be released :) Maybe in the meantime I will try "Celeste", it is said to be a little similar.

Cool thanks for the lead! Hadn't heard of Celeste. Yeah, I'm also looking forward to Silksong, but we're still such a long way from finishing Hollow Knight. (laugh) It's a really long game!

Racoon

« Reply #502 on: 04 Nov 2020, 10:06 »
Thats true and also a very difficult one. I could only ever play it like one hour at a time before I got insanly frustrated. But I love it nevertheless :D What is your favorite region in Hollowknight so far?

« Reply #503 on: 05 Nov 2020, 05:49 »
(Hope nobody minds us going down this rabbit hole for a moment!)

My son and I have played the game for months (albeit only for a few hours on weekends) and we're still only Greenpath/City of Tears areas. (roll) There's something the game gets very right about its music though, and I think that's a big reason why I like it so much. I'd say Greenpath is the favourite stage I've seen so far because the colour switch from drab Crossroads was big news for my son and I ( (laugh)) and the music reminds me of a moment in my past I feel sentimental about (it starts at exactly 9:00, in case this link doesn't position properly):

The other track I really like is 'Reflection', which is unique but sort of reminds me of that nice theme song from American Beauty. (It actually also loosely reminds me of music from your game, Doors! I think I commented on Doors music in another thread.) Here it is (starts at 15:21):

How about you? Any favourite stages I should be looking forward to? You know, we should probably just start a Hollow Knight thread. There's a lot to talk about! (laugh) I just looked at a Hollownest map and, yeah, that's a big game.
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2020, 05:54 by milkanannan »

Racoon

« Reply #504 on: 05 Nov 2020, 15:31 »
Hollowknight talk:
Spoiler: ShowHide

I hope its okay when I set everything in a spoiler, so that anyone not interested can just scroll by.

Greenpath and City of Tears are also my favorite parts of the game. I think its just the atmosphere there, Greenpath is very relaxing to walk through and the City of Tears contributes a lot to the story I guess and the rain adds a gloomy feeling to it. Another part that I really liked, wich I think you have not yet come through, is Crystal Peak.

But I think that every region kind of has its own feelign to it and the music plays big part in that. And the art of course, I think that the kind of minimalistic style (in comparison to other games like that) of Hollowknight is very eyecatching.

My favorite boss is in the Fungal Wastes though, the Mantis Lords. I really like the battle music (starts at 17:00) and they are just cool characters.

As for favorite stages: I think its always fun when you gain a new power and suddenly can go places you have not been before or some things just get easier with it :D

Marcin K.

• Jack-of-all-trades
    • I can help with backgrounds
    • Marcin K. worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #505 on: 10 Nov 2020, 11:55 »
All of them...

...but Shirley is the best.