What song are you listening to right now?

Started by The Fool, Mon 01/07/2013 19:44:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Snarky on Sat 04/11/2023 10:47:12Bomb the Bass (Kruder & Dorfmeister remix) - "Bug Powder Dust"

This was always one of my favorite K&D tracks.

K&D are soooo good, their mixes are great for AGS coding sessions.

Quote from: Snarky on Sat 04/11/2023 10:47:12PJ Harvey - "Lwonesome Tonight" [sic]

On Halloween I went to a PJ Harvey concert (the last show on her I Inside the Old Year Dying tour), and I haven't been able to get this song out of my head ever since. I'm not even sure I really like it. :-\

I find the album as a whole pretty whatever, but I love that song. Also the opening track and I Inside the Old I Dying are fantastic. Everything else, eh.

Snarky

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Sat 04/11/2023 12:06:25I find the album as a whole pretty whatever, but I love that song.

The whole album is apparently based on her epic poem Orlam (which I have not read), and to me it seems like, just as you might expect when they all draw on the same material, all the songs occupy the same space lyrically, tonally and musically (even as some are more successful than others). I really miss more variety, and can't help but feel that it's all a bit samey, twee, and dopey in that "prog-rock tune about Gandalf" way. (On the other hand I'm somewhat glad that she's moved on from the political material of her last two albums, which I thought never rose above the banal—though when she performed "The Words That Maketh Murder" last week it felt newly relevant.)

I do love Polly, though, and even if a whole album of this stuff is a bit much for me, I'm sure there are tracks I'll come to appreciate, just as Uh Huh Her (by far her weakest album) included gems like "The Desperate Kingdom of Love" and "The Darker Days of Me & Him."

AndreasBlack

Her best song from a none-fan. Generally speaking The modern beats and rap/asmr vocals usually don't do it for me, but this one is really good, i must say :-D

Creamy

It's all because of @Mandle
I was wondering what song he used for his last game.
Turns out it was a tribute from Weird Al Yankovic to They Might Be Giants. And down the rabbit hole I fell.

TheFrighter

This song won the 2024 edition of Festival della Canzone Italiana:

_

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk